Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 08:53 AM

705 posts, read 1,566,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogercobb View Post
Down south where? You're in Fla and in the Deep South I see. When I first saw your post I would have thought someplace in the northeast or mid atlantic. If you're near Jacksonville that place is brutal as well for about five months during the year.
According to her profile, she used to live in Ft. Lauderdale. Jacksonville gets just as hot, but the summer heat starts a little earlier and stays a little longer down there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2010, 09:03 AM

1,008 posts, read 2,622,146 times
Moved here in August and the summer was no problem as we had the cool Atlantic breezes. We get changes of seasons and much prefer to South Fl where they get one season HOT and a few cold snaps

Old 12-31-2010, 09:55 AM

2,079 posts, read 6,088,623 times
I have never noticed a difference between the heat in the summer and early fall here and in S FL, and I have noticed breezes that barely do anything to alleviate the heat in both places (it's like a hot wind LoL), but I will say that you can tack on 2-3 more months of "heat" down in S FL. Also, there isn't as much a breeze in Miami, but neither is there as much of a breeze away from the beaches in Jax. Winter in Jax is definitely colder and longer, but by no means comparable to winters felt pretty much anywhere else in the eastern half of the US. I wouldn't call them "winters" per se, but like extended cool falls as the cold fronts come through.

Old 12-31-2010, 01:36 PM

705 posts, read 1,566,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimms3 View Post
I wouldn't call them "winters" per se, but like extended cool falls as the cold fronts come through.
I guess it depends on what you're used to. The lows 2 days this week, without the wind chill, were in the upper 20's. Coming from Southern CA, it sure felt like winter to me!

Old 12-31-2010, 10:15 PM

622 posts, read 1,658,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogercobb View Post
Down south where? You're in Fla and in the Deep South I see. When I first saw your post I would have thought someplace in the northeast or mid atlantic. If you're near Jacksonville that place is brutal as well for about five months during the year.
Ahh sorry! I meant Fort Lauderdale. And the temp may be the same, but the humidity just cant compare.. at least not FLL to PVB anyway. Down south, its like walking into a steam room when you get out of your car.. instant sweat, even for a 30 second walk from car to store..

Quote:
Originally Posted by abvavgjoe View Post
According to her profile, she used to live in Ft. Lauderdale. Jacksonville gets just as hot, but the summer heat starts a little earlier and stays a little longer down there.
Yep! See above though.. the heat is one thing, but the humidity is AWWFUL. Now, I know more inland Jax can be pretty humid as well.. I suppose we're spoiled with the coastal breezes and temps though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abvavgjoe View Post
I guess it depends on what you're used to. The lows 2 days this week, without the wind chill, were in the upper 20's. Coming from Southern CA, it sure felt like winter to me!
Definitely feels like winter! I love the occasional cooler weather.. I can handle this.. just happy there's no snow associated with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville