Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2011, 11:32 AM

2 posts, read 3,382 times

Advertisements

Hi I am a new mom to be in June. I need some recommendations. I am looking for a great OB and hospital. I am debating on Baptist South or Orange Park. I am currently seeing a mid wife in orange park and very unhappy. Any suggestions on a OB/GYN in Jacksonville or Orange Park would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2011, 12:33 PM

20 posts, read 37,505 times
St. Luke's Family Birth Place was v. good. However, I would avoid Dr. Michelle McLanahan. She's capable but incredibly cold and rude as are her staff.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:54 AM

1,437 posts, read 2,572,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrselle View Post
Hi I am a new mom to be in June. I need some recommendations. I am looking for a great OB and hospital. I am debating on Baptist South or Orange Park. I am currently seeing a mid wife in orange park and very unhappy. Any suggestions on a OB/GYN in Jacksonville or Orange Park would be greatly appreciated.

When it comes down to it most hospital births are very similar. If want all the intervention such as epidural, moniters etc any of the hospitals will do.

my wife really liked Dr Phalen at St Vincents. the office staff is real nice too

Old 01-12-2011, 08:08 PM

2 posts, read 3,382 times
Thanks for the recommendations. Also I am looking to have a natural birth.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:32 PM
jmc

101 posts, read 862,844 times
I delivered both of my children at St. Lukes and would recommend them. I liked my OB docs...all women from, ironically, A Place for Women. Dr. Van Scriver, Dr. Slade (delivered my son...love her!) and Dr. Phoenix, plus a mid-wife, Evelyn are on staff, and you would typically see all of them during your pregnancy, I believe. It depends on who is on call regarding who delivers your baby. They will support your decision to go natural if there aren't complications. I actually went natural, too. Good for you! Best of luck to you!

Old 01-19-2011, 07:40 PM

589 posts, read 1,635,802 times
I will second jmc's rec for A Place for Women from what I have heard of them. I have a friend / co-worker who went there and loved them. She talks about them all the time and how "connected and cared for" she felt. She is really into a holistic lifestyle, too, if that helps you understand.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:17 AM

3 posts, read 12,285 times
We need help in locating a good OBYN. Other than North Florida OBGYN, is "A place for Women" a good place? Just looking at some of the forums here, many have recommended Dr Van Scriver from St Luke's hospital. Does any one know if she is still there or left the hospital?
Also does anyone knows a good Hematologist who also specializes during pregnancy?

Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville