Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 07:24 AM

36 posts, read 121,085 times

Advertisements

Apache, we are talking with Dreamfinders in Durbin also, their value is unbelievable!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2012, 07:49 PM

80 posts, read 220,870 times
Has anyone had their new Nocatee home come under the appraisel? What happened?

Old 01-26-2012, 11:08 AM

19 posts, read 62,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetannec View Post
Has anyone had their new Nocatee home come under the appraisel? What happened?
We just moved into Nocatee and didn't have any problem with our appraisal. I feel we got a lot for our money especially compared to where we moved from. Good luck.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:57 AM

232 posts, read 573,987 times
It seems like all the property values in NE FL are falling every day. Any particular reason people are moving to Nocatee? Why not wait it out?

I only ask because I'm planning out my next house purchase (probably 3 years out) and would like to hear people's thoughts on the market.

Old 01-26-2012, 02:02 PM

530 posts, read 1,351,308 times
For me it is simply wanting to live somewhere enjoyable, safe, attractive and family friendly. Yes, I could have waited it out for a few years, but interest rates are so low, and prices-I believe- are close to bottoming out, that it is not worth it to put life on hold for a few years. Besides, it is great having all of amenities, jogging trails, etc, so free of crowds, as I know that will not always be the case. ( which is why I bought in Coastal Oaks , as we are the only non seasoned citizen community with our own fitness center , pools etc)

Old 01-26-2012, 06:00 PM

19 posts, read 62,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skooba View Post
It seems like all the property values in NE FL are falling every day. Any particular reason people are moving to Nocatee? Why not wait it out?

I only ask because I'm planning out my next house purchase (probably 3 years out) and would like to hear people's thoughts on the market.
We bought in Nocatee because we like the location to everything. We only paid $97 per square foot compared to twice that amount where we previously lived in Pennsylvania. So, for us it was a great deal for a bigger house. Good luck.

Old 02-25-2012, 10:00 AM

52 posts, read 199,624 times
what are the CDDs and HOA in nocatee? like in Kelly Point?
and insurance is it too high because it is close to the bech?

Old 02-25-2012, 10:50 AM

219 posts, read 510,248 times
We are in Coastal Oaks. The insurance here is no more than a similar size and quality home would have been back in land-locked St. Louis which was a pleasant surprise. We did call a few places with quotes that came back with higher numbers and a couple that out-right refused to write a policy but finally called a brokerage that was able to shop around for us and found a good deal for great coverage.

I think we're right on the cusp of where the hurricane build requirements end. Our home is 4.25 miles from the coast (as the crow flies) so our home was subject to special building codes requiring things such as storm shutters and a hurricane safe-room. I think many of the other communities fall outside that range (I'm guessing 5 miles) so may get a break both in insurance and building codes.

Old 02-25-2012, 09:04 PM

615 posts, read 1,712,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lspinkrose View Post
what are the CDDs and HOA in nocatee? like in Kelly Point?
and insurance is it too high because it is close to the bech?
Your CDD and HOA amounts depend on your lot size, so it varies from neighborhood to neighborhood, but in Austin Park I can tell you our CDD runs about $1800 a year and HOA is about $600. The CDD is billed with your property taxes. I am guessing Kelly Pointe would be a little less.

We found insurance to be very reasonable. We previously lived in Louisiana and Mississippi after Katrina and saw the insurance prices go through the roof so they were actually much less when we moved here, even though we're so much closer to the water. Again, all this depends on your particular house, but I *think* we pay about $700 a year.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:16 AM

11 posts, read 40,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlauburn View Post
Your CDD and HOA amounts depend on your lot size, so it varies from neighborhood to neighborhood, but in Austin Park I can tell you our CDD runs about $1800 a year and HOA is about $600. The CDD is billed with your property taxes. I am guessing Kelly Pointe would be a little less.

We found insurance to be very reasonable. We previously lived in Louisiana and Mississippi after Katrina and saw the insurance prices go through the roof so they were actually much less when we moved here, even though we're so much closer to the water. Again, all this depends on your particular house, but I *think* we pay about $700 a year.
I am new to this cdd...I have lived in several states and have never paid this. I see you said it is billed with your property taxes so are property taxes less?? I just don't understand the whole thing can you please explain. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville