Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 08:31 PM

196 posts, read 427,602 times

Advertisements

We are currently building with TM in Austin Park, Nocatee and so far so good! We check on the house at least once a week and all seems to be going well. We noticed one thing that was not done correctly (a custom order we had requested) and brought it to the sales associates attention and it is being addressed. The site manager is wonderful as is the sales team. My husband is QUITE picky and so far, all we have to say is good things. We are about 1.5 months until completion and we can't wait. From all I have heard from AP people that have built with TM, they have all been happy. Good luck with your decision!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 01:57 PM

31 posts, read 97,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acebab View Post
We are currently building with TM in Austin Park, Nocatee and so far so good! We check on the house at least once a week and all seems to be going well. We noticed one thing that was not done correctly (a custom order we had requested) and brought it to the sales associates attention and it is being addressed. The site manager is wonderful as is the sales team. My husband is QUITE picky and so far, all we have to say is good things. We are about 1.5 months until completion and we can't wait. From all I have heard from AP people that have built with TM, they have all been happy. Good luck with your decision!
Thanks for the feedback Acebab! Just curious, did you consider SJF, and what made you decide on AP? How do you justify paying the CDD fees? Are the home prices lower compared to neighborhoods without CDDs? I would be extremely worried about the resale value of a home with CDD fees compared to the ones without. For example, assuming a $100 a month CDD, one can buy approx. $20,000 more house (30 year mortgage, 3.5% interest) with that $100 or looking at it the other way around, you would have to drop your price by $20,000 to competitive with other homes in the area that do not have CDDs. So I'm struggling with that concept of paying CDDs and I am curious how others are justifying paying those fees.

Thanks!

Edit: Since most CDDs are more than $1200 a year we would also be talking about more than $20,000 home value!

Old 06-07-2012, 04:18 PM

530 posts, read 1,351,308 times
builders only pay off cdd fees when they have to in order to sell homes. It's not like they do it because they like you. SJF , at least in times past, was the only community I knew of that realtors would not bother with. I know things have changed , and I actually like the inside of the community, but it is a buyer beware community to be certain. Nocatee has much more upside down the road then does SJF in my own opinion.

Old 06-07-2012, 06:43 PM

We actually did look at SJF, and strongly considered it because I REALLY liked the school associated with the neighborhood, but in the end, we went with Nocatee due to the expense of SJF. They have the highest CDD's and the highest HOA out of all the areas that we looked in. TM is currently paying off the Bond portion of the CDD fee - which means we are still paying just over $500 on O&M fees. When you look at the community and see the care that they are taking in the roads, landscaping, admentities center, parks, etc, I am more than happy to contribute a little over $500 a year to that. They are developing a beautiful area to live in and I have on problem contributing to the upkeep of such an area. I felt that SJF was a nice neighbhorhood, but in the end, the fees were so high and in my opinion, all you get for those fees is a guard gate. Again, I am sure that there are some out there that feels the guard gate justifies those fees, but I feel in Nocatee, you get an entire community vs a neighbhorhood for your CDD fees.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:22 PM

31 posts, read 97,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acebab View Post
We actually did look at SJF, and strongly considered it because I REALLY liked the school associated with the neighborhood, but in the end, we went with Nocatee due to the expense of SJF. They have the highest CDD's and the highest HOA out of all the areas that we looked in. TM is currently paying off the Bond portion of the CDD fee - which means we are still paying just over $500 on O&M fees. When you look at the community and see the care that they are taking in the roads, landscaping, admentities center, parks, etc, I am more than happy to contribute a little over $500 a year to that. They are developing a beautiful area to live in and I have on problem contributing to the upkeep of such an area. I felt that SJF was a nice neighbhorhood, but in the end, the fees were so high and in my opinion, all you get for those fees is a guard gate. Again, I am sure that there are some out there that feels the guard gate justifies those fees, but I feel in Nocatee, you get an entire community vs a neighbhorhood for your CDD fees.
Thanks again for the info, Acebab! So TM is currently paying off CDDs in AP? That would be great and we would definitely consider that neighborhood. Out of curiosity, which floor plan did you go with?

Old 06-07-2012, 08:05 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,508,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donisanasfan View Post
builders only pay off cdd fees when they have to in order to sell homes. It's not like they do it because they like you. SJF , at least in times past, was the only community I knew of that realtors would not bother with. I know things have changed , and I actually like the inside of the community, but it is a buyer beware community to be certain. Nocatee has much more upside down the road then does SJF in my own opinion.
Why is SJF a buyer beware community? I don't believe I have ever been in it. As it never came up on our radar when we were looking back in Oct/Nov 2011

Old 06-07-2012, 08:55 PM

285 posts, read 606,379 times
I've gotten used to the idea of CDD fees because of the amenities (we're in Julington Creek Plantation). But if you can get a builder to pay them off, all the better!

Old 06-08-2012, 09:07 AM

615 posts, read 1,712,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigoss View Post
Thanks again for the info, Acebab! So TM is currently paying off CDDs in AP? That would be great and we would definitely consider that neighborhood. Out of curiosity, which floor plan did you go with?

We are also in a TM house (the Lafayette w/ bonus room) in Austin Park and have been really happy with it. Personally, for what Nocatee offers for the CDD, we feel like it's completely worth it. We use the waterpark and gym all the time and the all the community activities were something we really wanted.

As for resale, I think any buyer will have to weigh the benefits and costs, just as you are doing, and decide if it's worth it for them. I could see where it wouldn't be for everyone. Austin Park is almost built out and being the only neighborhood in Nocatee at this price point as of now, I'm hoping the resale values are good. If the amount of building and sales here is any indication, I think we're OK!

We were just in the model home yesterday (I was with some people interested in moving here) and TM is paying off the bond portion of the CDD, which is good deal. When we purchased, they didn't offer that, but they came down a lot on the sale price, so there is some room for negotiation.

By the way, we LOVE our plan, but the model is really pretty too. It's an Emerson, and there are a lot of those going up. They have a lot of nice floorplans...definitely worth checking out! Good luck with your decision

Old 06-08-2012, 07:31 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,683,928 times
Have this...

HADD - Home Owners Against Deficient Dwellings |
in your back pocket for the JIC!!!

Now it makes me wonder "if" these homes are so great...
why hadd is created in that first place???

Does pickle me though "how fast" (doesn't it takes time for quality?) the new homes are actually build... almost like fast food.

Another good read of not too long ago:
If you thought HOAs were bad now, just wait - Friday, Oct. 28, 2011 | 2 a.m. - Las Vegas Sun

Congrats & wishing the best of luck.

Old 06-10-2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaigoss View Post

We are currently building one of their new plans called the Beaumont. It is beautiful and we are so excited about our new house! It is a really big house, but we have 4 kiddos so it is perfect for us! It has seriously been such a wonderful experience building with TM - we are 6 weeks from being complete and we have no complaints. They have been wonderful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville