Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2011, 01:53 PM

24 posts, read 95,018 times

Advertisements

I am working from home and want to find a virtual office space so that I can use the address. I don't want my home address on everything. Any recommendations? (I suppose I could also sign up with UPS for a mailbox... but I am not too sure.)
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2011, 03:16 PM

2,559 posts, read 6,470,316 times
If the only reason is to avoid having your home address on everything, then the PO Box will be much cheaper than a virtual space. It's under $200/yr for a medium-sized box. If you need a "real" office address, access to a conference room, and perhaps a receptionist, then consider the virtual route.

Old 03-07-2011, 03:21 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,798,000 times
a po box is nice, but the post office will not accept deliveries from UPS or FED EX, or other delivery services (except for the USPS). Thats why I preferred a private mail box (such as one you can get from the UPS store). And, a private email box can look like a regular address: 100 Main Street, Suite 10, Anytown, FL. And the price is also under 200 /yr, at least when I had one, back from 2004-2006.

Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricBoyd View Post
If the only reason is to avoid having your home address on everything, then the PO Box will be much cheaper than a virtual space. It's under $200/yr for a medium-sized box. If you need a "real" office address, access to a conference room, and perhaps a receptionist, then consider the virtual route.

Old 03-08-2011, 01:26 PM

24 posts, read 95,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakesq View Post
a po box is nice, but the post office will not accept deliveries from UPS or FED EX, or other delivery services (except for the USPS). Thats why I preferred a private mail box (such as one you can get from the UPS store). And, a private email box can look like a regular address: 100 Main Street, Suite 10, Anytown, FL. And the price is also under 200 /yr, at least when I had one, back from 2004-2006.

Good luck.

When you canceled your UPS box, were they able to forward your mail? I read they won't do it, which worries me a bit.

Old 03-10-2011, 03:10 PM

1,000 posts, read 1,798,000 times
The post office won't forward your mail from a private mailbox, that does ring a bell. however, the UPS store would forward my mail, i think they kept a Credit Card on file, and charged me for the postage and probably a small handling fee to forward it, I think they sent me my mail once a week in a big envelope, until the volume slowed down after everyone who was mailing me stuff had updated to my new address. Check with your local private mailbox company, they should be able to tell exactly what they will do in this situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethanygm View Post
When you canceled your UPS box, were they able to forward your mail? I read they won't do it, which worries me a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville