Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 05:40 PM

615 posts, read 1,712,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApacheAv8tor View Post
I'm all over the place. We cant make up our mind. We love the DS WARE home in Durbin but the CDD fees dont justify the amenity center. I love the one in Nocatee and I love the JCP prices. Who knows????

I know that the Nocatee CDDs have been worth every penny to us! We use the gym all the time, the kids love the activities at the clubhouse, and going to the waterpark is like being on vacation! If you really think you'll take advantage of the amenities, it's so worth it. If you may or may not use them, I could see where it would be an expense I might not want to take on.

BTW, what are the CDDs and HOA dues for Greenleaf? It's really coming along over there...some really nice houses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2011, 07:04 AM

25 posts, read 94,523 times
Can anyone tell me about the schools? I was told that I would have to drive 20 minutes up to A1A (Rawlings) to drop off our kid. I figured that their was a closer elementary.

Old 05-29-2011, 08:09 AM

615 posts, read 1,712,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApacheAv8tor View Post
Can anyone tell me about the schools? I was told that I would have to drive 20 minutes up to A1A (Rawlings) to drop off our kid. I figured that their was a closer elementary.
There is a closer elementary school, but Nocatee is currently zoned for PVPV Rawlings Elem school in Ponte Vedra Beach. The closer school, Ocean Palms, is overcrowded and tends to rank a little lower (overall test scores) than PVPV, so people don't seem to complain, although the drive is a little excessive.

My daughter started K this year and we started the year driving her every day, but by October, she was ready to ride the bus. She rides the bus to school and I pick her up in the afternoons, and it is a bit of a drive, but we've been so happy with the school that the drive it easy to overlook.

According to St Johns county, the plan is to build the first Nocatee school right outside Greenleaf at Valley Ridge Blvd. The land is set aside, but they still have to have a certain number of kids in Nocatee to justify a school, and right now, we're only about 1/2 way there. It will be a K-8, so depending on the age of your kids, even if it's not built for a few years, they may still go there. The current middle school is closer, and the high school is really close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville