Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 07:56 AM

432 posts, read 1,303,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAAR84 View Post
32217 is an alright area. It's nothing spectacular but it's half decent - just say away from Philiphs Highway and keep closer to San Jose BLVD.

32257 NORTH of the I-295 is good too. Maybe look into an area called the "Moorings of San Jose"

32244 where Collins Rd gets close to Blanding there are some half decent apartment buildings. Gotta admit tho, apparently they've painted them over the past while and good lord what a horrible choice of colors!

If you zoom in on 32246 and 32256 you will notice there is a road called "Gate Parkway" there's some nice apartment complex's and condo's on Gate Parkway that I know of in the 32246 section. Especially in this area where it gets close to Southside BLVD.

Hope this helps - here's the site I was using so you can reference what i've said...

//www.city-data.com/zipmaps/Jac...e-Florida.html

Also - there's some half decent apartments across from the Islamic Center of North East Florida. As to what the schools would be like and such in that area... no idea. I ain't got kids so alas, can't help in that department.

Chaffee Pines is... eh..... eh.... half and half.
those apartments by Collins/blanding ARE ugly......they look like easter eggs. haha.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 10:22 AM

73 posts, read 104,348 times
Thanks everyone for the great tips, i'm gonna take these into consideration. =)

not so worry how the apartment looks in color just as long as its in a safe area

so far i found about five apartments some of them i got saved so dont know the name of but the ones i remember are Beach Bluff apartments on beach blvd(which i read is a really nice area), and hunters way apartments... beach bluff has that nice one story apartment going on which is attractive, and hunters way had really good reviews, kind of costly though. 2 bed room for 799...doable however.

thanks again gonna try those zip codes

Old 03-15-2011, 01:12 PM

Today my husband found out where he will be training for ATC training (Air traffic control) it will be at CeCil College on New World Ave in the 32221 area. So we'll have to be shopping in that area for apartments, he said max distance he's willing to drive is up to 15 miles away, hopefully we can find something decent in that area thats within a safe area... thanks so much for all the info it's a shame Jefferson Square Phase II Units of 1st Coast Prop. Ltd apartments seem so sketchy we would try there since its semi close and a very good price (32065 area)

Old 03-15-2011, 03:42 PM

Look into some of them by me out in Oakleaf. Cecil Field is very close......

Welcome to Millstone Apartments!
Fieldstone at Oakleaf Plantation

there are also a few condo/townhomes areas that I am sure have places to rent.

Old 03-15-2011, 04:47 PM

Thanks Wb.

Those are really nice but unfortunately out of our price range, we can afford 750-799 at the most per month...which makes it a bit difficult at times, especially for one who wants to avoid "slum" type area's lol.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:25 PM

hello! hope everyone is having a good day so far today.

anyone know anything about San Jose Blvd? in the zip code area 32207.

I found a cute condo for rent at a decent price but i dont know the area too well and can't get street view to work lol. any info would be great, thanks =)

Old 03-16-2011, 03:24 PM

154 posts, read 216,133 times
32207 has a couple nice parts - especially near the river. But the closer you get to Philiphs Highway... well... it gets sorta dirty.

There really isn't a whole lot of apartment developments around Cecil Field.

Old 03-16-2011, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower82 View Post
Thanks Wb.

Those are really nice but unfortunately out of our price range, we can afford 750-799 at the most per month...which makes it a bit difficult at times, especially for one who wants to avoid "slum" type area's lol.
gotcha......thanks!

Old 03-16-2011, 08:54 PM

Default Running low on patience

[mod cut- threads merged]

Ive been apartment searching for almost a month now and haven't found anything decent almost, the ones i did find that were decent were 48 mins away from my husbands training facility.

We are moving to Jacksonville in less then 30 day's, unable to visit so we are moving without seeing type of deal.

If anyone out there can reccommend some decent apartments in the 32210 i'd greatly appreciate it. Our budget is kind of low at the moment which is making the search a bit more difficult and more stressful, our max that we can spend monthly is 750 a month. Seems like most the apartments i found for around 500-750 are in really bad area's or the apartments are just really bad, poor reviews, etc.. I know I should take the reviews with a grain of salt but since we would need a place when we arrive kind of have to go with what we have for when we read the reviews.

We pretty much just wanna find a good 2 bedroom(office/guest room is what we would use the 2nd bedroom for) apartment, a place that has good staff, good maintenance, and allows pets(we have one house cat) and has W/D hook-ups for our price range in a good safe area...hopefully we get lucky soon even if our standards are a tad bit high lol.

thank you in advance and sorry for the long wall of text. =)

Last edited by observer53; 03-18-2011 at 10:51 AM..

Old 03-16-2011, 09:25 PM

Jack Pot! (I hope *Crosses Fingers*)

Found an apartment complex called Madison at Bay Pointe that had great reviews, great price too! within our price range right on Bay Maedows, its a 33 min drive for my husband to his CeCil but he says the price is worth it, especially with alot of people saying good things about the place, can't beleive i overlooked this place before...

Now my question, is anyone familiar with Baymeadows Road 32217? is it a nice area? I plan on calling them first thing in the morning.

Hopefully this will be the jack pot, thanks for all the help and tips everyone! Sorry if I'm overly annoying lol, apartment hunting drives me nuts sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville