Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 03:58 AM

22 posts, read 117,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcr02 View Post
I ended up purchasing there after testing out a glock rental. 9mm was definitely the right call!!

I am now a very happy gun owner. Gonna have to get that concealed carry permit as soon as me and my new friend become more comfortable with each other.
Congrats on the Grock! Let me now introduce you to:
Glock Talk (some wierdo's out there, but enough good info to offset it)
First Coast IDPA (If you're doing ccw - these guys are GREAT! Esp. for a new shooter!)

Time to burn some ammo now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2008, 03:57 PM
LM1

833 posts, read 997,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike8200 View Post
I had one Deputy tell me that I couldn't go to the sherrifs range as well as Emailed the sherrifs office about it. I was told no but, that may be the standard answer.
Unless things have changed recently (which they may have) being a FOP member was the only requirement.

Old 01-17-2008, 01:21 PM

20 posts, read 76,836 times
Where would I go to transfer my Connecticut concealed carry pistol permit to Florida, in Jacksonville?

Old 01-17-2008, 02:50 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,963,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbbnsb View Post
Where would I go to transfer my Connecticut concealed carry pistol permit to Florida, in Jacksonville?
you do not need a ccw in FLA, all you need to do is take a class and maybe pass a background check.

Old 01-17-2008, 04:13 PM

236 posts, read 1,085,336 times
Here is a link to the statute that tells you what your responsibilities are until you establish residency in FL: Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes :->2007->Ch0790->Section 015 : flsenate.gov

Once you have established residency, you need to follow the instructions here: How to Apply - Weapons - Division of Licensing, DOACS (http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/apply.html - broken link)

There is a CCW permit process in place so I would understand that it would be manditory to comply.

Old 01-19-2008, 03:32 PM

13 posts, read 61,639 times
I have to disagree with riveree about Bullseye...my husband and I go there with our two kids and shoot and they are nothing but respectful to me and my 16 year old daughter. We have the family membership and really love it there. Its an indoor 25 foot range where the gun gallery is only 15 foot range.

Old 01-19-2008, 10:16 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,446,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerricarbs View Post
I have to disagree with riveree about Bullseye...my husband and I go there with our two kids and shoot and they are nothing but respectful to me and my 16 year old daughter. We have the family membership and really love it there. Its an indoor 25 foot range where the gun gallery is only 15 foot range.
Glad your experience was better than ours at Bullseye.

I have to clarify something you mentioned above - the Gun Gallery range is 15 yards, not 15 feet.......I'd be in trouble if it was only 15 feet!

Here's a link with a description of the range:

Range (http://www.gungalleryjax.com/Range.html - broken link)

Old 01-21-2008, 10:10 AM
LM1

Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
you do not need a ccw in FLA, all you need to do is take a class and maybe pass a background check.
100% incorrect.
You absolutely *DO* need a permit to carry in Florida.
That's what the class and background check accomplish.
You're issued a little plastic card with your picture that allows you to carry.
Carrying without it is a crime.

Old 01-23-2008, 09:39 PM

19 posts, read 77,255 times
Default Ochee......something like that

There is a gun range off the 10 going West. My husband is at work right now, but he goes there now and again. If you email me I'll get more info. It's a park, or something, I think there isn't a cost.......
Yes, the wife of a gun - guy who knows nothing (about ranges). That's me, but look on the map, and go west on 10 from Jacksonville, then look for a swamp type area. Maybe near Lake City?

I'll get more info, sorry!
Christa

Old 01-24-2008, 03:31 PM
LM1

^ ^

Yeah, the Lake City range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville