Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 01:42 PM

2,679 posts, read 11,731,195 times

Advertisements

Charbroil sells a grill that has the side burner and a griddle option to cook up the veggies.

I am looking into one with a side burner, Infrared heating, a griddle and those cast iron inserts (versus stainless steel).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2007, 07:31 PM

1,346 posts, read 2,202,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniummd View Post
Does anyone use their gas grill in the Lanai? Is that a safety issue? Or should I just get a cement/brick base and grill just outside of the Lanai?
it shouldn't be any problem as long as you use your head, make sure things are well vented and away from any combustables

Old 08-03-2007, 06:25 AM

2,392 posts, read 5,722,165 times
Quote:
Charbroil sells a grill that has the side burner and a griddle option to cook up the veggies.

I am looking into one with a side burner, Infrared heating, a griddle and those cast iron inserts (versus stainless steel).
thats the one that i have except for the infrared heating.

Old 08-04-2007, 10:09 PM
I95

62 posts, read 283,267 times
Gas Grills...Ugh!

I'm a charcoal gal. I might consider one of those gas thingamabobs but I'll admit that I'm a bit scared of 'em

Old 08-26-2007, 07:28 AM

I just ordered a gas grill by Perfect Flame at Lowes. It has an infrared section, infrared rotisserie, side burner and a conventional burner. It didn't cost an arm and a leg (just a hand and a foot) : $488.

I didn't realize the hype of the infrared concept but it boils down to the ability to achieve high heat (like in the restaurants or charcoal). Theoretically, you can cook a steak (rare) in 4 minutes (after a 4-5 minute startup).

I figure it's worth a shot. I can cook a steak to my liking better than what I have eaten around town.

Anyways, until I put some stones in the back, I will put the grill out of the garage and cook in the courtyard/driveway. I have been advised by many to avoid cooking in the lanai (ie back porch - as I grew up to call it).

Old 08-26-2007, 04:13 PM

57 posts, read 156,560 times
Go to Sam's or Costco. They have great stainless ones that will last for many years. Great to cook on too with every option. They are around $600-$800 but well worth it. The others just don't last.

Thank God there is Sam's and Costco around these here parts or I would really be griping

Old 08-27-2007, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvigor View Post
Go to Sam's or Costco. They have great stainless ones that will last for many years. Great to cook on too with every option. They are around $600-$800 but well worth it. The others just don't last.

Thank God there is Sam's and Costco around these here parts or I would really be griping
I was trying to stay under $500 so what I bought was 'good enough' for me (given the features). I had a $300 grill that I used for 7 years and gave it away before I moved from the DC area. My friend cleaned it up and it looks like it did when I bought it.

Old 08-28-2007, 04:25 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,107,768 times
Quote:
I was trying to stay under $500 so what I bought was 'good enough' for me (given the features). I had a $300 grill that I used for 7 years and gave it away before I moved from the DC area. My friend cleaned it up and it looks like it did when I bought it.
We got our last SS grill at Costco a year ago and it was under $500 as a matter of fact it was under $400

It has the side burner thing and also a rotisserie
The first time I used it I couldn't believe when the temp on the lid said 600 degrees
opps lol I then got out the instructions so I wouldn't overcook any more steaks.

karla

Old 08-30-2007, 06:07 PM

A faux pax occurred with the delivery and I ended up getting it for 10% less than what I paid. It will come tomorrow.

I cannot wait to cook steaks on it.

Old 09-07-2007, 08:06 PM

Well, I got the Perfect Flame which is a Lowe's brand grill. After all of the Faux Pas (s), I got the grill for under 390 USD.

So I get the grill and for Labor day, I try to cook for my parents (from SC). It doesn't work (won't ignite - I had to use a match). I call tech support and they are 'closed for the holiday'. I call Lowe's and they rebuild me one. I ask the delivery personnel not to leave until I get this tested and they agree. I end up calling Tech support and we realize that the electronic ignition was not assembled correctly on the 'old' and the 'new one' that they rebuilt.

Once the electronic ignition kicked in, I was grilling away. I still need to 'figger' out the Infrared grill. It didn't heat up as fast as the conventional side of the grill. It seared the meat but the temps didn't go about 350 degrees F.

I am still working on creating the perfect steak with the infrared which I read can cook a rare steak in 4-5 minutes. I buy into hype which improves on current technology:

The Infrared Burner - Chars a steak on the outside but leaves it rare in the middle.

Business & Technology | Backyard chefs are all fired up over infrared grill | Seattle Times Newspaper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville