Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2011, 12:13 PM

2 posts, read 9,447 times

Advertisements

Guys I am moving to Jacksonville, Florida.Would appreciate your suggestions regarding apartments.How are the following apartments The Links at Winsor park and Metropolitan Loft on Church Street?Would appreciate your reply.
Cheers...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2011, 12:54 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,508,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravchandra View Post
Guys I am moving to Jacksonville, Florida.Would appreciate your suggestions regarding apartments.How are the following apartments The Links at Winsor park and Metropolitan Loft on Church Street?Would appreciate your reply.
Cheers...
Totally different!...ones in a golf community miles from downtown, and one is downtown in the core urban environment. More info will be needed where are you going to work? How much of a commute can you stand? How much rent are you willing to pay? What interests do you have? (beach, nightlife, whatever)with a little more info someone here will surely give some well thought out advice.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:24 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,277,446 times
If you're interested in the Metropolitan Lofts, you'd also probably be intersted in 11 E, Churchwell Lofts, The Carling, Berkman Plaza, and maybe even City Place. All are downtown apartments/condos for rent.

Metropolitan

Metropolitan Jax Lofts -- Downtown Jacksonville, FL Loft Style Apartment Homes

11 E & Th Carling ( same mnagement group)

11 East Forsyth-Jacksonville - Local Business - Jacksonville, Florida | Facebook

The Carling & 11 East Forsyth Apartments in Jacksonville, FL | Apartments.com

The Carling Apartments

Churchwell

http://www.lifestylesrealtyweb.com/images/dynamic/Churchwell-Lofts.gif (broken link)

Premiere loft living in the heart of downtown Jacksonville - ChurchwellLofts.net

City Place

City Place Jacksonville - Jacksonville, FL - CityPlaceJacksonville.com

Berkman Plaza (condos, but many are for rent)

http://www.locatehomesfl.com/asp/homes/5789/1177082_14882616.jpg (broken link)

Berkman Plaza Condominium Jacksonville FL

In my opinion, 11 E, The Carling, and the Churchwell Lofts are in a better location the Metropolitan and City Place, just because there's more to walk to. You can walk to lots of restuarants, art galleries, museums, events, etc at 11 E, Carling, and Churchwell.....even the Berkman Plaza, but walking from City Place & Metropolitan is a little bit of a hike. But you may not mind. Also, the Berkman is pretty high-end. City Place is on the lower-end (but still decent enough) and the rest are nice, but not necessarily high-end.

If you're intersted in lofts or apartments just outside out downtown Jax, in one of the fun surronding neighborhoods (Riverside, Springfield, San Marco) I have a lot of good info about those too. Ask and you shall receive.....

Good luck!

Old 05-23-2011, 04:28 PM

2 posts, read 9,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcapmagishion View Post
Totally different!...ones in a golf community miles from downtown, and one is downtown in the core urban environment. More info will be needed where are you going to work? How much of a commute can you stand? How much rent are you willing to pay? What interests do you have? (beach, nightlife, whatever)with a little more info someone here will surely give some well thought out advice.
Thanks for the feedback,I am looking for safe apartments near Mayo clinic(less than 5-6 miles).Since working in the hospital involves late hours I am particular about apartment complex with gated access preferably.I am not sure of the rents in Jacksonville but looking for something in 850s range.I prefer staying away from downtown.Look forward to hearing from you.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:38 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,709,639 times
I don't know much about the Links, but I had a customer in Metropolitan Lofts and it's absolutely gorgeous. Not sure if it will fit the $850 rent requirement, however. While it is downtown, you have easy access to a couple of bridges to get out of downtown when needed.

Old 05-23-2011, 06:03 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,508,063 times
I do believe that the Links at Windsor is a gated apartment complex and it seems like a nice one. There are a couple more gated ones off of Gate Parkway which has quick access to 9A and then onto JTB which is maybe 15 minutes to Mayo..try this link ...

Jacksonville Apartments for Rent - Jacksonville, FL on ApartmentGuide.com

Old 05-24-2011, 10:07 AM

54 posts, read 150,009 times
Yes, Links at Windsor is gated and in a very safe area. It is an extremely easy and fast commute to Mayo. It is also in a very convenient area for daily living. If you wish, you can walk to a Publix grocery store, a Walgreens, Starbucks, a convenience store, a dry cleaners and a few other services. Within 1.5 miles, you have a Target, Wal-Mart, over a dozen fast-food and casual dining restaurants (though most won't meet Mayo Clinic's healthy eating guidelines) a fitness center smartly placed in the middle of all those restaurants, and several banks (though you might prefer the Mayo Credit Union to a bank).

One point of caution about this complex. One of the buildings sustained major fire damage in the winter of 2009-10. From the map in the link below, I believe it was building 13 (but possibly 12). I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it was repaired and not torn down and rebuilt. If that was the case, I would be very concerned about mold from the water damage because several fire trucks were needed to put out the fire. The owner/developer might have done all the right things. I would just recommend asking a few questions if you decide to rent there and are offered a unit in one of those buildings.

Jacksonville, Fl. Apartments for Rent - The Links at Windsor Parke - Availability
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville