Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2011, 12:24 AM

2 posts, read 3,130 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am wanting to plan a trip to St. Augustine but i have no Idea of good hotels or bed and breakfasts or what to do. We don't do the night life so i am looking for something more laid back I guess you can say. Can anyone help....

Hotels, Restaurants, Things to do, places to go...... Thank you in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2011, 01:22 AM

3,863 posts, read 9,464,405 times
Price range? There are a ton of hotels. motels and B&B's in St. Augustine. Ranging in price from $50.00 a night to $250.00 a night just depends on what you want to spend. Here's a link for Lodging... the first is for Hotels the second is for B&B's and Inns.

St. Augustine hotels. Find & compare 71 hotels in St. Augustine with Hotels.com ... http://staugustineinns.com/

Like hotels there again are a ton of choices for places to eat in St. Augustine. Again just depends on what you're hungry for, how much you want to spend and what you like to eat. I love seafood, so whenever we go to St. Augustine we eat at O'Steens, its the best in town and worth the wait. And there will be a wait it's so popular.
Heres a link to some restaurants ....

St. Augustine Restaurants - Places to eat and restaurant guide to Saint Augustine

Things to do ...Lightner Museum, Light House Museum, Old Jail, The Fort, Alligator Farm should I continue.....? try this link...

http://www.oldcity.com/things_to_do.cfm

Or just go to the beach kick back and relax. Enjoy your trip and have a great vacation.

Last edited by madcapmagishion; 06-05-2011 at 01:36 AM.. Reason: added a link

Old 06-05-2011, 02:30 PM

375 posts, read 908,250 times
We just were there -- soo much fun!

I do a vrbo (vrbo.com) for the rental and then used groupon and living social to find deals before I left so I could do them (deals on food, etc.) Check out the St Aug paper as well for things to do.

Have fun!

hey - if you have no young kids - def. do a ghost walk = so much fun !

Old 06-05-2011, 02:39 PM

30,133 posts, read 23,520,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.B2U View Post
Hi, I am wanting to plan a trip to St. Augustine but i have no Idea of good hotels or bed and breakfasts or what to do. We don't do the night life so i am looking for something more laid back I guess you can say. Can anyone help....

Hotels, Restaurants, Things to do, places to go...... Thank you in advance
I went there a couple of years ago and found good deals on hotels right there in Old Town. Not only that, being so close, I was able to visit most of the tourist places within walking distance.

You can also board a tram near there and take a tour of the area, get to the Fort, get the history from the tram driver, etc. (By the way, don't forget to tip your tram driver. Also, the back of the tram is a BUMPY ride...maybe sit towards the front.)

And ghost tours...I know for sure one left right across the street from my hotel so that was convenient.

I think it was Best Western I stayed in. VERY friendly staff. Places to eat right in that area as well.

Old 06-05-2011, 03:12 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,622,551 times
I would recommend staying just out of town on San Marcos Ave and them walking in
The trolly is noisy and smelly. Get a map and walk..see the fort, Flagler area and the area of town behind Aviles St...rest is very touristy.
Try the Marina boat trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville