Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2011, 03:27 PM

1,017 posts, read 1,883,606 times

Advertisements

I find it funny that the OP is still arguing that people shouldn't try and convince them how great Jacksonville is. Other than the people replying to his (?) questions about things to do or some people bringing up ideas, I don't remembering anyone doing the, "I think you're wrong to not like Jacksonville and I'm gonna tell you why...." argument. What people have explained (over and over) is the initial post was not a well-thought out post in any way shape or form. So people called the OP on it only to have them talk about how everyone is jumping all over them about this.

The best part is the whole reasoning for moving down here....I had no choice but to make up my mind right NOW or else. When people (myself included) have called this (imo) BS, people have just gotten (essentially) a, "You're wrong and you don't know what you're talking about," reply. Even one (nasty), "I wish you would experience unemployment," reply as well (was nasty regardless of the guy is a disabled vet or a non-vet).

It's obvious the OP doesn't like the area. That's totally cool. However some very good people (e.g. Robyn) have made suggestions on how they might better enjoy the time they have left here (assuming they move out) and that always seems to go over their head.

Honestly, the more this thread goes on, the more this looks like a troll who succeeded in stirring the pot. Congratulations to the OP...well-played...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 04:23 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,484,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatUndercoverBrother View Post
Do you guys understand that everytime you come back in to dig through the threads to continue an argument, and/or post something that you increase the post and view #s of this posting, keeping it as an ever going "hot topic"? If you guys are so irrate or offended then stop engaging in the SAME topic and move on to open a NEW thread about how great Jacksonville is. Because at some point, we ALL have things to do that are way more important than this.

I check the thread every once in a while and it amazes me the amount of wasted time and space of BS posting such as pulling off a yadayada here, repeating it over there, an interesting here. For goodness' sake! Some of these conversation exchanges are not even conversations or arguments to say to least. It's just people that want to say something, so they will say anything.

No one has to like FL, no one has to like Jax, and no one should be offended by someone voicing that. I have honestly said whatever I was going to say about the topic. If you guys want to go the smart route, open up your own thread about how great Jax is, fill it with substantial and updated information, make sure you post links, so outsiders have a better point of reference about what your talking about, and as freebie, you guys can even say it was your OWN idea!

I'm surprised that the realtors meandering here hadn't thought of that one yet. Goes back to the lack of bright people in the area. Peace OUT!
Did you ever hear the phrase - "any publicity is good publicity"? Seems to work for Lindsay Lohan ! Too bad you weren't here when we hosted the Superbowl. Talk about bad press.

So when and where are you moving? Robyn

Old 06-27-2011, 04:58 PM

147 posts, read 286,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
Did you ever hear the phrase - "any publicity is good publicity"? Seems to work for Lindsay Lohan ! Too bad you weren't here when we hosted the Superbowl. Talk about bad press.

So when and where are you moving? Robyn
I do not believe he is moving as he couldn't find anyplace else where he could troll as well. And now a song dedication to our favorite troll

A troll is a troll, of course, of course,
And this one'll talk 'til his voice is hoarse.
You never heard of a talking troll of course?

Well listen to this: "I'm the GreatUndercoverBrother." of course

Go right to the source and ask the troll of course
He'll give you the answer that only he will endorse.
He's always on a steady course.
Talk to "GreatUndercoverBrother." of course

People yakkity-*** the street and waste your time of day
But the troll GreatUndercoverBrother will speak even if he has nothing to say

A troll is a troll, of course, of course,
And this one'll talk 'til his voice is hoarse.
You never heard of a talking troll of course?

Well listen to this: "I'm the troll GreatUndercoverBrother." of course

(Thanks for the inspiration Mr Ed.) gawd I love tv land lol

Old 06-27-2011, 06:16 PM

838 posts, read 1,876,273 times
Quote:
Goes back to the lack of bright people in the area. Peace OUT!
Oh good grief

Old 06-28-2011, 08:16 AM

1,658 posts, read 4,734,764 times
Quote:
If you guys want to go the smart route, open up your own thread about how great Jax is
People ordinarily don't jump on an electronic board to carry on about how much they love their lifestyle, or workplace, or friends, or the city in which they happen to live. They just don't. So by default the Jax board will always be filled with a disproportionate number of posters like this one ranting about the reasons they hate this city. You are part of the loud minority. Some of those reasons are legitimate and factual and others are not but they all stem from the perspective of one poster and I don't resent this poster for his ranting. He is typical and therefore he is entitled. Log onto any CD board from Hawaii to Maine and you will read at least one disgruntled post from a city dweller who can't wait to move on to another city.

I suppose the reason we are getting all worked up about this one poster here is that he is eloquent, though no less obnoxious, than many others in making his case.

Still I have more respect for people who respond objectively and honestly to those looking for information about the city without resorting to insulting language and ranting.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:40 AM

73 posts, read 113,769 times
Greatundercoverbrother, your thread is #2 on my list of favorite posting of all time on CD, eclipsed only by the 'Miami sucks' thread of S&N Miami. I really thought that all the anger and negativity and the 'go back where you came from', 'you'll be unhappy anywhere', 'our city is great and you're just a bitter loser', was only prevalent in the Miami forum. How wrong I was. I guess Florida as a whole is just one bitter, hateful state? The saddest thing is, the locals, with their derogatory, negative flaming actually PROVE the point you make about thinking twice before moving to Jacksonville!

I guess it's hard for uneducated people to understand that some people have to relocate due to career growth or accompanying a spouse. You can't GET a city with a one week or even a two week visit. You have to LIVE IT to realize a city is great or it sucks. It's the day to day stuff and primarily THE PEOPLE that make a city/state, great or miserable. No matter how pretty the scenery is, a city filled with rotten people is going to be miserable for normal, positive people.

Why do the locals care anyway what is said about their wonderful city in a forum? You won't catch me flaming my hometown here on CD, I could care less what people think since I have my own positive opinion. In fact, people should be glad that posts like this are maybe driving away 'out of towners' from considering polluting their perfect city.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:34 AM

754 posts, read 2,815,018 times
LaLaLandLarry...an appropriate handle.

Old 06-28-2011, 12:20 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,031 times
Quote:
Do you guys understand that everytime you come back in to dig through the threads to continue an argument, and/or post something that you increase the post and view #s of this posting, keeping it as an ever going "hot topic"? If you guys are so irrate or offended then stop engaging in the SAME topic and move on to open a NEW thread about how great Jacksonville is. Because at some point, we ALL have things to do that are way more important than this.

I check the thread every once in a while and it amazes me the amount of wasted time and space of BS posting such as pulling off a yadayada here, repeating it over there, an interesting here. For goodness' sake! Some of these conversation exchanges are not even conversations or arguments to say to least. It's just people that want to say something, so they will say anything.

No one has to like FL, no one has to like Jax, and no one should be offended by someone voicing that. I have honestly said whatever I was going to say about the topic. If you guys want to go the smart route, open up your own thread about how great Jax is, fill it with substantial and updated information, make sure you post links, so outsiders have a better point of reference about what your talking about, and as freebie, you guys can even say it was your OWN idea!

I'm surprised that the realtors meandering here hadn't thought of that one yet. Goes back to the lack of bright people in the area. Peace OUT!
Its a good thing...all the big city forum have flame year topics. Shows Jax is growing lol.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:30 PM

73 posts, read 113,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joninclay View Post
LaLaLandLarry...an appropriate handle.
Wow. I am speechless. I really got told. I feel like I'm in first grade all over again. Your 'handle' is waaaaaay cooler.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:39 PM

147 posts, read 286,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLaLandLarry View Post
Wow. I am speechless. I really got told. I feel like I'm in first grade all over again. Your 'handle' is waaaaaay cooler.
LMAO yeah actually it is ... LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville