Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 09:28 PM

7 posts, read 26,032 times

Advertisements

Hi out there! Does anyone have any ghost stories about Jacksonville? I am especially interested in the Riverside area, but I would love to hear other stories as well!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 11:10 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,276,703 times
Ghost tours in the Riverside & Avondale Historic District:

Eerie Owl Ghost Tours - Welcome

Also, the Springfield Historic District is the oldest "neighborhood" in the city (est 1869). This group may have some local ghost stories:

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/40319_102469213143686_100001418230789_17275_252312 9_n.jpg (broken link)

Haunted Springfield

&

Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

Old 07-12-2011, 12:47 AM

3,863 posts, read 9,507,321 times
I remember as a kid being scared by my and my friends parents, about walking across the front yard of the Plantation House in Ortega. It was just north of Grand Ave. on the point of land that goes out to the St Johns River and the Ortega Rive. Back then there we only a couple of other houses out on the point, this was in the late 50's. all that went out there was McGirtts Blvd to the west and Ortega Blvd to the east. We used to like going down to the point and go fishing where the tides collided from both rivers, used to slay the Large Mouth Bass there. Anyway our parents not wanting us to go to the river and maybe falling in, being parents and all they decided to try scaring us with ghost stories, to keep us away from the point. They used to Tell us about Colonel Daniel Mcgirtt and how he was a highwayman, a Torrie Loyalist, a horse thief and a general brigand and how he was wanted by both the English Governor and the Spanish Governor of Florida. How he was arrested and imprisoned in the Castillo de San Marcos and then sent to the Spanish prison in Havana for 5 years. Where he contracted a disease and was released along with a friend of his called Bloody Bill, who had gone insane. Needless to say when they got back to the plantation house Bloody Bill got drunk one night and chased McGirtt all around the property with a butcher knife and proceeded to cut off his head. So the story went at daybreak the best time to go fishing(of course)Col McGirtt has been seen wandering around looking for his head and at dusk (another great fishing time) Col McGirtt with his head attached is seen being chased by Bloody Bill. And Bloody Bill being drunk will just cut off anyones head he happens to run across. I do not know how much of the story is real but I am sure some parts are fact ... and it worked for a little while anyway...LOL

A picture of the plantation house currently undergoing renovation.

Last edited by madcapmagishion; 07-12-2011 at 12:59 AM..

Old 07-12-2011, 09:49 AM

459 posts, read 1,417,376 times
Have you guys not heard of Ghost Light Road out in Switzerland? We used to go out there in high school and it was always a scary ride (especially after a bottle of MD 20/20):

Jacksonville, Florida - Ghost Light Road

Old 07-12-2011, 11:46 AM

7 posts, read 26,032 times
What are the details of the ghost lights in Switzerland?

Old 07-12-2011, 11:54 AM

459 posts, read 1,417,376 times
click the link, or google "ghost light road jacksonville". it will bring up a number of links... there also used to be an old cemetary, i think it was called Hibernia, but i cant recall where it was. it was scary as hell to walk through it in the dark.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo13 View Post
click the link, or google "ghost light road jacksonville". it will bring up a number of links... there also used to be an old cemetary, i think it was called Hibernia, but i cant recall where it was. it was scary as hell to walk through it in the dark.
Hibernia Cemetary is located on Fleming Island just south of Orange Park, Fl. Take US 17 S until you get to Hibernia Rd. which is directly across from Fleming Island Plantation Blvd, then turn left (east) and go about 1/4 mile to State Route 15A turn left (north) and go maybe 100 yards to St Margrets Episcopal Church thats where the old Hibernia cemetary is. There are markers there dating back to the 1700's. At night it can be scary.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:03 PM

Cant believe no one has mentioned Public School # 4 and the nightmare basement, Something about a killer janitor. Its located right off of Park Street on the North side of I-10. My son and some of his friends have been there numerous times, and they say the basement/boiler room area is scary as hell...
Public School House Number 4, page 1

Old 07-12-2011, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo13 View Post
Have you guys not heard of Ghost Light Road out in Switzerland? We used to go out there in high school and it was always a scary ride (especially after a bottle of MD 20/20):

Jacksonville, Florida - Ghost Light Road
Never heard of the Ghost light road in Switzerland, but we had a similar one over here on the west side on a dirt road off of Old Plank Road back when I was in High School. 68/69/70 But in this one you didn't chase the tail light but a head light chased you. It was a road that lead to a popular "parking" spot. So I guess hormones and adrenalin were in good supply. Plus on the west side we had some class MD20/20 puhleeeze! We only drank Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill...LOL well that or Miller Hi-Life, sometimes even did them together.

Old 09-21-2014, 07:11 AM

1 posts, read 4,711 times
riviera parkway apartments on St.JOHNS AVENUE IN RIVERSIDE ///the building facing the street the apartment upstairs , talk about true demonic places...the whole company involved in its cover up and many old tenants could testify to the awful. pure evil that lurks beyond those walls and that sort of takes over the ones who dare take rentals in its domain...it preys on the innocent and something happens to all that dare reside inside those infested walls...ask them to give u a tour of apt 3c...you will see in the back bedroom true demons imprinted on the ceiling as if trying to get out,,,...it has to be seen to be believed...my advice , just dont rent an apartment inside that building ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville