Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 09:11 AM

112 posts, read 244,012 times

Advertisements

Are there any good vegetarian restaurants in Jacksonville?
I'm also wondering if the local grocery stores carry Morningstar Farms or Boca (vegetarian) products? If so, can you please tell me which stores, and what areas of town they are located?!?! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2011, 11:50 AM

3,863 posts, read 9,504,831 times
My sister is a vegetarian and I know I have seen the Morningstar and Boca brands both in her refrigerator and as far as I know she shops regularly at the Publix in Roosevelt Mall as she lives in Ortega. She says Publix carries both brands and that Winn-Dixie and Food Lion, carry just the Morningstar brand, but she prefers the Boca brand more. As far as vegetarian restaurants she doesn't believe Jax has any good ones (compared to San Francisco, Ca. where she went to med school) but that she does like some of the local Indian restaurants like Masala Indian Cuisine on San Jose or Flavors Indian Restaurant on Baymeadows. Hope you find this helpful. I am also thinking that Whole Foods on San Jose would have a large selection of veggie delights too.(Just a Thought, it can be dangerous when I get those)

Old 07-27-2011, 12:23 PM

278 posts, read 664,504 times
A friend of mine is a vegetarian and says the same thing regarding restaurants - the Indian places in town are your best bet. I can't think of any "exclusively" vegetarian places in Jax.

As far as Boca and Morningstar, I've seen both in Winn-Dixie and Publix. Whole Foods, Fresh Market (near Atlantic and San Pablo) and Native Sun (I think - there are two, one at Baymeadows and 9A? And the other on San Jose) carry more of that kind of stuff than the supermarkets in town. Also there's a natural foods place in Riverside but I forget the name... Grassroots maybe?

Old 07-27-2011, 01:21 PM

Madcapmagishion and bativac~ thank you, thank you! I was hoping they wouldn't be difficult to find!

Old 07-27-2011, 03:42 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,274,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mz.UpstateNY View Post
Are there any good vegetarian restaurants in Jacksonville?
I'm also wondering if the local grocery stores carry Morningstar Farms or Boca (vegetarian) products? If so, can you please tell me which stores, and what areas of town they are located?!?! Thanks!
Grassroots Natural Market: Riverside?s Natural Alternative Since 2006 (http://www.thegrassrootsmarket.com/Grassroots_Natural_Market/Welcome.html - broken link)

http://www.thegrassrootsmarket.com/Grassroots_Natural_Market/Welcome_files/GRASSROOTS%20v2.png (broken link)
&

Green Man Gourmet: Green Man Gourmet

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/183728_150166738376056_150166651709398_302044_2528 877_n.jpg (broken link)

&

Urban Organics: Home Page

Old 07-29-2011, 08:44 AM

73 posts, read 136,375 times
their r a few veggie restaurant...in jax bch called the mellow mushroom...and all public and winn dixies carry veggie burgers....good luck...there is only one whole foods around.....good luck!

jacksonville...Jacksonville | WholeFoodsMarket.com

Old 07-29-2011, 09:07 AM

Thank you! I went to Wholefoods Market when I was there in April, and fell in love with the place!

Old 07-29-2011, 01:23 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,504,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshotof View Post
their r a few veggie restaurant...in jax bch called the mellow mushroom...and all public and winn dixies carry veggie burgers....good luck...there is only one whole foods around.....good luck!

jacksonville...Jacksonville | WholeFoodsMarket.com
The Mellow Mushroom is a Veggie restaurant? OMG NOOOOO!!! Say its not so. It's a Pizza place plain and simple. True they do have a Mega Veggie Pizza. But they also have Mega Meaty pizza thats awesome. Just like most pizza places you can get it the way you want, with all the usual ingredients, all the veggies, and all the usual meats. So no it's not a veggie restaurant, but it is a real good pizza place, that has a good veggie pizza.(according to my sister) Here's a link to their website ...

Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers - Jacksonville Beach

Old 04-28-2014, 10:39 AM

Hello all~ I will be in back in Jacksonville in May to check a few more things out. Wondering if there are any additional/new vegetarian spots (since this last post)! :-) Thanks!

Old 04-30-2014, 06:32 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,274,777 times
Sweet Pete's has a line of vegan products, in Springfield.

Sweet Pete's - All Natural, Gluten Free, Vegan Chocolates and Candy

Dig Foods is looking for a permanent space now, but can found here & there throughout the week:

https://www.facebook.com/digfoods
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville