Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2011, 11:06 AM

1 posts, read 1,673 times

Advertisements

I have 2 mobile scooters 1. jazzy 1133 and 2. strider but new and house kept but i can not find anyone or place to sell them to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 09:34 PM

216 posts, read 951,513 times
Some people obtain these when they don't really even need them. Quite often they sit unused inside a house, then placed for sale for just under the value what the DME supplier charged the recipient. Places like the Scooter Store, HoveRound and other companies shouldn't be able to peddle these in ads. They can get you one at little to no cost is misleading, and bad wording just to get someone to call. I've known people that have had them come to their home, and it's a pushy sales to make you sign the dotted line.
The woman on one commercial should have fell off while spinning cookies on the carpeted floor.
When you try to sell it, don't expect to get what the sales receipt says.

I have no use for one of these, it just irks me when people get these, then find out they can't really use them. Either they have no ramp leading to their home, the home is not accessible inside, the scooter thing dismantles "some", but who's going to put it in the trunk for me? Other reasons too.

Folks that actually need durable medical equipment can't get it paid for, Medicare/insurance won't approve it. Simple things like a bath chair, a needed manual wheelchair, a motorized wheelchair you have to really fight to get. Medicare should have cracked down on scooters years ago.

Sorry, rant is over and all I can say is try craigslist, or eBay with local pickup.

Last edited by SandmanSand; 07-30-2011 at 09:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville