Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 08:50 AM

70 posts, read 162,842 times

Advertisements

Speaking of pools closing on Glenwood st come nov want to build a pool In backyard was told by builder lot is big enough for pool 60x143 lot.but can't do it until closing..I want to put screened in pool off of lanai..my question is two fold will township allow built of pool ..second since lots are so close to each other can pool company get in yard w equipment to put pool in?? Has anyone w 60 ft lot ever put a pool in??? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 10:17 AM

227 posts, read 389,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by williebear12 View Post
closing on Glenwood st come nov want to build a pool In backyard was told by builder lot is big enough for pool 60x143 lot.but can't do it until closing..I want to put screened in pool off of lanai..my question is two fold will township allow built of pool ..second since lots are so close to each other can pool company get in yard w equipment to put pool in?? Has anyone w 60 ft lot ever put a pool in??? Thanks
Hi, neighbor! We're closing on Glenwood St. right after Labor Day. We're on a 60 foot lot, as are our neighbors, and they're putting in a pool as part of construction. It's on the small side, and I don't know if they're doing an enclosure, but pools must be OK.

Old 07-18-2013, 10:48 AM

199 posts, read 466,176 times
Quote:
Speaking of pools closing on Glenwood st come nov want to build a pool In backyard was told by builder lot is big enough for pool 60x143 lot.but can't do it until closing..I want to put screened in pool off of lanai..my question is two fold will township allow built of pool ..second since lots are so close to each other can pool company get in yard w equipment to put pool in?? Has anyone w 60 ft lot ever put a pool in??? Thanks
There are pools in GLV. My neighbor up the road has one on a 60' lot. It all comes down to the build-able area of the lot and where your house sits. Same goes for the pool company getting into the backyard. Most of the houses are built right up to the set back line or pretty close. In GLV, on 60's, that is 5'. That gives the pool company a very small area to work with.

I would talk with the pool companies about what they need to work with. I imagine that most of them are used to working in tight quarters. You might have too find an agreement with your neighbors though, if you have any.

Out of curiosity, which builder are you going with? I think a few of the pools new me were put in as the house was being built. I believe both of those are David Weekley homes.

Old 08-13-2013, 04:02 PM

2 posts, read 3,330 times
Quote:
Hi -saw that you are closing on a house on Glenwood Street in Nov. We will be closing on Glenwood as well in Dec/Jan
Have you started looking into pools yet? Just wanted to get an idea if it is a possibility since the lots are so close together. We can't put one in until after we close either.

We are moving from CT and have 2 young kids.

Looking forward to meeting all the new neighbors!

Old 08-14-2013, 06:08 AM

I know the one next to us was put in by Weekley. It's a two story house, though, so it could very well have to do with the footprint of the house. We have a large one story which of course goes further back from the street. If we wanted a pool, it would be a very tight squeeze if it was even allowed.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:40 AM

6 posts, read 9,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspink View Post
Hi, neighbor! We're closing on Glenwood St. right after Labor Day. We're on a 60 foot lot, as are our neighbors, and they're putting in a pool as part of construction. It's on the small side, and I don't know if they're doing an enclosure, but pools must be OK.
welcome to glenwood st neighbor

I am right next to you, right after the 4 undeveloped lots on the street.

I saw that two story house with the pool in the back, the pool is a decent size, and pretty deep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey912 View Post
Hi -saw that you are closing on a house on Glenwood Street in Nov. We will be closing on Glenwood as well in Dec/Jan
Have you started looking into pools yet? Just wanted to get an idea if it is a possibility since the lots are so close together. We can't put one in until after we close either.

We are moving from CT and have 2 young kids.

Looking forward to meeting all the new neighbors!

Is your home one of the two Hamilton models that are being built right next to me on glenwood st?

yesterday there was just a concrete slab, and i looked out the window today and they already framed almost the whole house!

Last edited by borka1; 08-25-2013 at 12:52 AM..

Old 08-25-2013, 08:19 AM

199 posts, read 466,176 times
We should have a Nocatee resident/City Data member gathering!

For those of you in Nocatee, you can join the Nextdoor site for the neighborhood. I choose the postcard option for address verification.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:52 AM

40 posts, read 87,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houseconfused View Post
We should have a Nocatee resident/City Data member gathering!

For those of you in Nocatee, you can join the Nextdoor site for the neighborhood. I choose the postcard option for address verification.
It wouldnt recognize my address. Quess my street is too new

Old 08-25-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac911 View Post
It wouldnt recognize my address. Quess my street is too new
Email tech support, there's an option on the signup page if memory serves. They had me up and running in a couple of days.

Old 08-25-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borka1 View Post

I am right next to you, right after the 4 undeveloped lots on the street.

I saw that two story house with the pool in the back, the pool is a decent size, and pretty deep.

Is your home one of the two Hamilton models that are being built right next to me on glenwood st?

yesterday there was just a concrete slab, and i looked out the window today and they already framed almost the whole house!
We closed early, so we've actually been here since last Tuesday. Hope to meet you soon! That house between us went up incredibly fast. I was saying to my husband that I hope the owners are local so they can see it. It was so exciting watching the frame pop us for us!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville