Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 02:50 PM

615 posts, read 1,712,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquid View Post
I believe if you get rezoned, you can request for your child to continue to go to the same school. No guarantee they accept it, but i believe it is an option.
I think that might be the case for special circumstances, like an entering 5th grader who wants to finish elementary at the same school. And like you said, there's no guarantee. I also heard you have to provide transportation to and from school, which might be a real pain in the butt all the way to PVB.

My daughter is only in 1st, so while she'll only have been at PVPV 2 years, she absolutely loves it there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 06:27 AM

43 posts, read 110,226 times
The rezoning hasn't been voted on yet or approved. Doesn't only one of the options have you moving to OP? I personally doubt they will add more students to an already over capacity OP, when PVPV Rawlings hasn't reached full capacity.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:07 AM

77 posts, read 237,876 times
Since the topic started here, I'll go ahead and post the link on redistricting from the SJCS website:
St. Johns County School District - Attendance Zoning. The Nocatee section is in the "Other Growth Areas" PDF. I think the line should be reversed--everyone below Palm Valley road (which includes Walden Chase already) should be at Ocean Palms and Austin Park, Greenleaf, and Kelly Point should stay at PVPV. hlauburn, do you remember what was said about the K-8 school in front of Greenleaf? Is it five years out? And thanks for giving me the info on this at the bus stop!

Old 09-01-2011, 01:13 PM

615 posts, read 1,712,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbillnlaura123 View Post
The rezoning hasn't been voted on yet or approved. Doesn't only one of the options have you moving to OP? I personally doubt they will add more students to an already over capacity OP, when PVPV Rawlings hasn't reached full capacity.
You're right, it hasn't been voted on or approved, but they also didn't include any "options" for our rezoning. They did offer 4 proposals for the zoning for new elementary school "L" in Palencia, none of which involved Nocatee. The rezoning for us was discussed in "other growth areas". Plan D, which we got the feeling they were pushing, rezones some of OP neighborhoods near Walden Chase, allowing for more room and that's where I think we would move in, but still making it way over capacity.

They didn't offer any other options for PVPV/OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlegcraig View Post
Since the topic started here, I'll go ahead and post the link on redistricting from the SJCS website:
St. Johns County School District - Attendance Zoning. The Nocatee section is in the "Other Growth Areas" PDF. I think the line should be reversed--everyone below Palm Valley road (which includes Walden Chase already) should be at Ocean Palms and Austin Park, Greenleaf, and Kelly Point should stay at PVPV. hlauburn, do you remember what was said about the K-8 school in front of Greenleaf? Is it five years out? And thanks for giving me the info on this at the bus stop!
I like your idea of reversing it! Or even making 210 the dividing line which would then include us in the southern portion.

They never really mention Nocatee schools. Their only response has been that the land is there when the money is available and there are enough kids to attend. The gave out a little booklet with SJC school facts and info, and the 5 year plan DID include 2 new K-8 schools (I think one would be for us), but from what was said at the meeting, I think the plan has had to change drastically due to budget cuts. The whole tone of the meeting was that they have no money and they are going to have to do with what they have now as far as schools go - no new schools in the "foreseeable future".

My hope (and from what I've been told by people at the county) is that we are next in line for a school, but when there is going to be enough money and enough kids to justify building a new school is the question.

Old 09-02-2011, 02:04 PM

80 posts, read 220,870 times
So my son will still go PVB when we transfer him in January or Feburary..okay. How is the middle school? He's in 5th grade now.

We're coming up in a couple of weeks for the design center and will make sure to check out Nocatee's Market. Does anyone know if we can get a day pass for the waterpark?

Old 09-02-2011, 02:56 PM

104 posts, read 341,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetannec View Post
So my son will still go PVB when we transfer him in January or Feburary..okay. How is the middle school? He's in 5th grade now.

We're coming up in a couple of weeks for the design center and will make sure to check out Nocatee's Market. Does anyone know if we can get a day pass for the waterpark?
Actually, you can sign up to get your permanent temporary passes (if that makes sense) and start using all the amenities now. You just need to fill out some paperwork with Ryland.

Old 09-02-2011, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmfphaedrus View Post
Actually, you can sign up to get your permanent temporary passes (if that makes sense) and start using all the amenities now. You just need to fill out some paperwork with Ryland.
My sales person never said this and made a big deal about not being able to get passes. Can you tell me more info?

I thought maybe I had to contact someone else.

Did you already do this? This would be awesome to take the kids. thanks!

Old 09-02-2011, 07:31 PM

104 posts, read 341,102 times
Quote:
My sales person never said this and made a big deal about not being able to get passes. Can you tell me more info?

I thought maybe I had to contact someone else.

Did you already do this? This would be awesome to take the kids. thanks!
Yes, we just filled out all the paperwork last week-end. Somebody at Ryland in Orlando has to sign it so it's not something you can do in one day but Ken Gore, one of the sales agents for Ryland at Greenleaf took care of it for us.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:15 PM

Thanks! I'll email him and see if we can start it!

Old 09-06-2011, 02:20 PM

4 posts, read 16,771 times
Quote:

If you already have a contract on a home with a hard deposit, you are able to get your family's temporary waterpark passes, which will get everyone in as often as you want. Ask your builder about this policy.
David
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville