Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 01:28 PM

1,183 posts, read 2,890,353 times

Advertisements

I'll do the same thing that Shannon4426 did: (We live in Julington Creek, same area but different community.) We were facing a similar decision. JCP vs Nocatee.

Schools: Durbin Crossing (new k8 inside community)
ME: My elementary school kid rides his bike to school. Our school is in our community.That was important to me. And I wanted my High School Kids at Creekside. I believe most of Durbin goes to Creekside as well.

Price:
Durbin Crossing, definitely more house for your money

ME: Agree!

Proximity to Shopping
: Durbin

ME: I agree.

Kids Sports:
Durbin Crossing is a big win as its next to JCP and is in the CAA.
ME: Exactly this. CAA is just amazing!

Proximity to other neighborhoods
: Durbin Crossing (this matters to us for kid activities/friends, etc)
ME: Agree. All my younger kid's friends live in JCP. For the most part, my teens' friends are all in JCP or Durbin.

Commute
: Tie
ME: Agree

Ammenities: Nocatee, of course
!
ME: Agree. I'm not sure what Durbin plans to do in the future. But Nocatee's amenities are amazing.

Lot sizes
: Durbin

ME: Yes!

Proximity to beach
: Nocatee, this was not a big factor for us, but I thought I'd throw it in.

ME: Now that they've completed Nocatee Parkway, we can be to Mickler's (our favorite beach) from our house in Julington Creek in 15-20 minutes. That wasn't a big enough difference to sway our decision one way or the other.

ME: In the end, we chose JCP. I wanted an established neighborhood. I wanted schools in the community. And I wanted great amenities. But I should add that I have no doubt that we would have been happy in Nocatee. It's a beautiful, peaceful community with fantastic amenities. And I liked the idea of building our house.

Make a list of the things that are important to you...."Must Haves" "Would Like To Have" "Could Live Without". Then make your decision based on the things that are really important to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2012, 02:36 PM

199 posts, read 468,883 times
What about the CDD fees for Durbin?
Does Durbin offer natural gas?

Old 07-18-2012, 03:42 PM

36 posts, read 113,023 times
No natural gas. Propane is offered.

Old 07-18-2012, 04:57 PM

98 posts, read 207,255 times
Excuse my ignorance but what is CAA?

Old 07-18-2012, 05:00 PM

36 posts, read 113,023 times
Did you mean CDD?

Old 07-18-2012, 05:16 PM

285 posts, read 606,442 times
I can see a "who's on first" coming...

The CAA is the Creeks Athletic Association. It's a huge children's sports organization that serves the Julington Creek area. They have many very successful teams, especially baseball.

Here's their website...

Creeks Athletic Association » NW St Johns County Youth Sports Leagues

Old 07-18-2012, 05:29 PM

98 posts, read 207,255 times
Thanks. I'm planning to move down from NJ to St. Johns County next summer and reading all I can before choosing a home and community. I have three boys so these neighborhood you mention are ones we are seriously considering.

Old 07-18-2012, 06:28 PM

285 posts, read 606,442 times
No problem! They are both great communities, so you truly can't go wrong. We lived here for three years before making our decision... so I have looked at it from every possible angle! If you have any more questions let me know!

Old 07-18-2012, 08:54 PM

2,740 posts, read 5,506,210 times
I think JCP, Nocatee, and Durbin are all good places. Just depends what you want. I chose JCP to be a bit closer to Mandarin and didn't want to compete with new construction within the community when I want to sell or am force to sell if I get relocated.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:28 AM

1,183 posts, read 2,890,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon4426 View Post
No problem! They are both great communities, so you truly can't go wrong. We lived here for three years before making our decision... so I have looked at it from every possible angle! If you have any more questions let me know!
We did the same. Rented first then bought after about two years. We bought the house we were renting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville