Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 12:23 PM

18 posts, read 33,855 times

Advertisements

I am in the process of buying a home and I have fallen in love with the Fruit Cove/Julington Creek area. As I looked at homes in the area I noticed a lot of large homes with Escalades, BMWs, Mercedes, and Lexus parked in the garages. I know flashy cars mean very little in terms of income and financial success, but I must say there "seems" to be a lot of disposable cash floating around in this area. Just wondering how a near six-figure earner($92,000/year) like me would fit in in this area in terms of demographics (30 year old black male, married, one child) and income. With that being said, I would love to read responses from my possible future neighbors!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 02:10 PM

1,658 posts, read 4,734,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanesFan81 View Post
I am in the process of buying a home and I have fallen in love with the Fruit Cove/Julington Creek area. As I looked at homes in the area I noticed a lot of large homes with Escalades, BMWs, Mercedes, and Lexus parked in the garages. I know flashy cars mean very little in terms of income and financial success, but I must say there "seems" to be a lot of disposable cash floating around in this area. Just wondering how a near six-figure earner($92,000/year) like me would fit in in this area in terms of demographics (30 year old black male, married, one child) and income. With that being said, I would love to read responses from my possible future neighbors!
If you think that people with disposable cash are the ones who go out and buy luxury cars then you must be naive indeed. As long as you have decent credit and a deposit most lenders will put you in one of those cars which technically belong to the lenders until you pay it off in 4 or 5 years. In some cases you don't even need to prove you have great credit. I think that what you are asking is whether as a black man you will fit in in the Julington Creek area. I say yes. But 100K/year is relative to your lifestyle, there are people here making alot more than you that are sucking wind in this economy.

Old 08-11-2011, 02:25 PM

18 posts, read 33,855 times
No, I'm not naive. I was just saying it had a ritzy vibe about it. Believe me, I KNOW luxury cars have no correlation to income or being wealthy. Do you actually stay in Julington Creek, cricketfan? I would love to know your experiences if so.

Last edited by CanesFan81; 08-11-2011 at 03:07 PM..

Old 08-11-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanesFan81 View Post
No, I'm not naive. I was just saying it had a ritzy vibe about it. Believe me me, I KNOW luxury cars have no correlation to income or being wealthy. Do you actaually stay in Julington Creek, cricketfan? I would love to know your experiences if so.
No. I live within a bicycle ride and visit some friends on Checkerberry Way. They love it there and I know you will too if you decide. What I like most is the landscaping, lots of greenery. If there is anything specific you would like to know I can find out for you.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:32 PM

2,740 posts, read 5,505,261 times
I live in JCP, don't make 6 figures, don't have a luxury car. There are some neighborhoods that are much pricier than others.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:48 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,500,867 times
Everyone I've ever known, who lived in JCP, did not live a flashy lifestyle. Their homes were very nice and well-furnished, but their vehicles were modest and respectable. Down to earth folks, too.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:26 AM

530 posts, read 1,351,218 times
Julington Creek has a ritzy vibe? Thanks for the good chuckle…...

Old 08-12-2011, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donisanasfan View Post
Julington Creek has a ritzy vibe? Thanks for the good chuckle…...
To the OP, he is a known Nocatee promoter. Anywhere else is ghetto.

Old 08-12-2011, 08:45 AM

530 posts, read 1,351,218 times
Look, lets face it there is nowhere in the Jacksonville area that has a "ritzy"feel . There is not a Marin County, a Worth Avenue, or Rodeo Drive, or Magnificent Mile..or even a Magnificent block. I don't care one way or the other, but Julington Creek ritzy? OK….. I suppose Chili's is fine dining as well .

Old 08-12-2011, 11:08 AM

3,863 posts, read 9,507,321 times
Personally I hear Julington Creek Plantation, and I think of Toyota Prius and Chevy Tahoes and Honda Accords. Now in Ortega and Ponte Vedre Beach I think Range Rovers, Jag's, Lexus and S Class Mercedes. Nothing fancy about JCP. But in reality Buicks and Volvo's probably dominate in both area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville