Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 06:48 PM

227 posts, read 856,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almamater View Post
Ok so what is the real deal with the crime rate and gangs? My main concern about moving to palm coast is reading some things about getto thugs moving in from daytona beach and the burglaries, drugs, etc. Who's being honest? It can't be both getto and wonderfully safe. One other thing I was wondering, is there a way to actually walk to the beach, over the toll bridges or do you have to drive?
I've lived in PC for 16 yrs and have never ever had a problem, same for many many of my family members who live here. Not a one of us live in a gated community and most live in the B & S sections. Sure there's crime here, isn't there crime everywhere? The main rentals that pose problems is Section 8 where the govt pays for most of the rent which does attract a different breed of renter. Not sure how many of those there are. As a landlord I ask renters to provide their own credit history. There are plenty of good people out there who for what ever reason can't afford a down payment on a house, don't qualify for a home loan or don't wish to own.

Yes, you can walk over the Hammock Dunes Bridge which is a one way toll bridge. Still a ways to the beach though due to gated communities. Varn Park isn't too far south on A1A from that area by bike, unless you like long walks. No toll at Flagler Beach bridge.You need to check everything out for yourself by visiting the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 08:32 PM

22 posts, read 62,284 times
Palm Coast is a beautiful ghetto. I have had personal experience with the inner beauty of this city. For those that think this area is great, go to Flagler County Sheriff's Office or Latest Florida Arrests.

Tell me where these people are coming from? You guessed it DB. They were born there and coming into PC to live because it is cheap.

Do not trust many on here because most have a financial interest as to have PC sold as a city to move to.

Do your research and verify FACTS.

Old 06-09-2012, 06:22 AM

37 posts, read 143,401 times
thks for the insight.
see below.
Hubby and I are staying in Flagler Jan 2013 with the hopes of finding a great home to rent in the area.. we're interested anywhere really fr Fernandina all the way down to Melbourne, but we love the st aug, palm coast flagler ormond areas.. quieter beaches.. and more laid back.
see below.
any advice/info u cud send us would be so so appreciated.
my email is bonnieangel1797 at gmail dot com
---
see below,
Hubby and I are relocating to FL in the New Year.
He's 36, and I'm 50. He has the luxury of working fr home so we can virtually live anywhere... re location.
We want something near the ocean if possible... with or without a pool.. we've noticed tons of homes for rent online on the NE and central east coasts of FL.. exactly where we wanna be. Our plans are to rent for a year or two before we decide to buy.

Anyone here hv pros/cons about Flagler Beach area?
We're willing to relocate anywhere fr Fernandina Beach down to Melbourne Beach.

Fr all we've read and ppl we've talked about , it seems like such a great place to live.

thoughts?

bonitarosek

Old 06-09-2012, 08:37 AM

1,071 posts, read 2,896,725 times
Be sure to read the thread "Palm Coast Info" for more first hand experience info.

Old 06-09-2012, 10:07 PM

64 posts, read 163,828 times
Check out Ponte Vedra Beach or St. Augustine Beach (Anastasia Island)- would recommend both over Flagler Beach.

Old 06-09-2012, 11:14 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,508,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctown83 View Post
Check out Ponte Vedra Beach or St. Augustine Beach (Anastasia Island)- would recommend both over Flagler Beach.
Also look into Vilano Beach. (just north of St Augustine)

Old 09-02-2012, 01:22 AM

2,054 posts, read 3,342,798 times
I always laugh when I hear people refer to any part of Florida, Georgia, etc as the East coast. Geographically yes. In all other areas, it's the South. Florida is an odd duck of course among Southern places because of all the Yankees and Canadian snowbirds, but still....

When I think of the East coast, I think of New York, New Jersey, and tons of snow. Gritty cities w/ lots of transportation options and large, tall buildings.

When people talk about ghetto thugs, they mean blacks. Racists use code words like this to tell their "stories". So, all of Palm Coast's crime problems are due to the white trash from Holly Hill, and the blacks from Daytona moving in? LOL! I've never lived anywhere that the locals didn't blame "outsiders" for their problems. Look, if you have a certain amount of money, you'll live well, and in the nice parts of town. If you don't, you'll live poorly, and in the low rent, high crime areas. This is true of Palm Coast, Paris, Mobile, or any other place on earth.

Last edited by smarino; 09-02-2012 at 01:40 AM..

Old 05-15-2013, 07:09 AM

1 posts, read 2,766 times
Good Morning!! I am looking to move to Palm Coast at the end of the summer. I have been there to visit and check out the area. Palm Coast looks and feels wonderful to me. I am 53yrs. young and looking to get into either an appartment or a trailor. Any recomendations? What about hurricanes? Does the Palm Coast area get hit hard or often?

Old 05-16-2013, 07:41 PM

549 posts, read 456,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little1Italy View Post
Good Morning!! I am looking to move to Palm Coast at the end of the summer. I have been there to visit and check out the area. Palm Coast looks and feels wonderful to me. I am 53yrs. young and looking to get into either an appartment or a trailor. Any recomendations? What about hurricanes? Does the Palm Coast area get hit hard or often?
North East Florida is less likely to be hit by a hurricane than most other areas of the state. I do recommend renting a condo over an apartment/trailer, if your budget allows this. Tidelands and Canopy Walk are gated condo communities on the intracoastal waterway and would be my first choice.

Old 08-13-2013, 09:02 PM

2,223 posts, read 5,353,374 times
I like Palm Coast. It gives me a break from my rapid paced life in the northeast. The job situation isn't very good, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville