Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 04:33 AM

216 posts, read 475,277 times

Advertisements

I don't know anything about Palm Coast but I would be concerned about any area with an influx of Sect 8.
Sect 8 is welfare, actually the hard core, long term welfare because it takes a long time to get on the list. The generational welfare that begins as a pregnant high school dropout and meets the same case workers and works the same system as her mother and then spawns the next generation. I used to manage my own rental properties out of state. Welfare is dangerous because the credit application a landlord uses to run a check on a propective tenant is useless. Usually no credit, no job, no references. If they trash the place you can't sue them but they can sue you. Worst of all, no mention of the one person who will determine whether it will be a success or a nightmare; the invisible man or baby daddy, until he moves in. Plus, it's very hard to mix welfare and job-having tenants in the same building, clash of cultures and lifestyles. At least double the maintenance costs. On the plus side the landlord can get a lot more money from Sect 8 in a economically depressed area, which is why they do it.

Last edited by grayrunner; 08-15-2013 at 05:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2013, 08:44 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,438,070 times
"On the plus side the landlord can get a lot more money from Sect 8 in a economically depressed area, which is why they do it".

Pretty clear definition of a hypocrite won't you say? ........

Old 08-17-2013, 05:47 AM

27,163 posts, read 43,857,618 times
So much Faux News misinformation on this thread...

Section 8 is a small issue in any city and numbers are restricted by government funding (especially the past few years) so it's not like whole blocks or areas are overrun with them. There are 314 million Americans and of that number, 3 million qualify for Section 8 housing...which is what, like three one hundredths of a percent??? So yeah, it's likely that scores of homes in Palm Coast, Florida are actually funded through Section 8. *roll eyes*

Old 08-18-2013, 10:48 AM

Default sect 8

"On the plus side the landlord can get a lot more money from Sect 8 in a
economically depressed area, which is why they do it".

Pretty clear definition of a hypocrite won't you say? ........

'Nooo, not exactly. It's just an indication that the landlord's options were limited:

1. Insurance Fire
2. Default on mortgage and lose your investment and credit rating.
3. Sect 8 tenants

Because I'm sure he's exhausted all other possibilities before going that route.

I don't see any sect 8 rentals in the Jax beaches area, nothing in St John's county
except for one place, Palm Coast. If you see even one, it's the tip of the
iceberg.

http://www.gosection8.com/Section-8-...ng-in-Florida/

Last edited by grayrunner; 08-18-2013 at 11:09 AM..

Old 08-18-2013, 11:17 AM

549 posts, read 456,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
There are 314 million Americans and of that number, 3 million qualify for Section 8 housing...which is what, like three one hundredths of a percent???
No, Kyle, 3 out of 314 is (almost) one percent, not "three one hundredths of a percent". Congratulations to your public school education.

Old 08-19-2013, 07:31 AM

Default misinformation?

Apparently Kyle, the only poster of misinformation on this thread is you!

Old 09-23-2013, 10:37 AM

Default saw that coming

'A Palm Coast man charged with manufacture of methamphetamine and released Friday was arrested hours later Saturday on drug charges, according to the Flagler County Sheriff’s Office.
Michael Lee Marsh, 30, was arrested Friday morning at a home on Raeitan Way after the Sheriff’s Office arrived there to investigate reports of a meth lab, the Sheriff’s Office said.'

Read more at Jacksonville.com: Palm Coast man arrested twice in less than 24 hours on drug charges | jacksonville.com

Old 09-23-2013, 10:47 AM

146 posts, read 224,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grayrunner View Post
nothing in St John's county
except for one place, Palm Coast.
And I always thought Palm Coast was in Flagler county.

Old 09-24-2013, 05:17 AM

Default yup

yup, driven through it and past it several times and still don't have anything to remember. Virginia Woolf said about Oakland, There's no there, there!

Old 11-10-2013, 05:50 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,432,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grayrunner View Post
I don't know anything about Palm Coast but I would be concerned about any area with an influx of Sect 8.
Sect 8 is welfare, actually the hard core, long term welfare because it takes a long time to get on the list. The generational welfare that begins as a pregnant high school dropout and meets the same case workers and works the same system as her mother and then spawns the next generation. I used to manage my own rental properties out of state. Welfare is dangerous because the credit application a landlord uses to run a check on a propective tenant is useless. Usually no credit, no job, no references. If they trash the place you can't sue them but they can sue you. Worst of all, no mention of the one person who will determine whether it will be a success or a nightmare; the invisible man or baby daddy, until he moves in. Plus, it's very hard to mix welfare and job-having tenants in the same building, clash of cultures and lifestyles. At least double the maintenance costs. On the plus side the landlord can get a lot more money from Sect 8 in a economically depressed area, which is why they do it.
HMMMMMMMMMM. This makes me wonder who the REAL ones are who are taking from the govt. and exploiting poor people. No need to trash and look down on the very people who are putting bread on your table.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville