Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2011, 03:34 PM

1,424 posts, read 5,337,516 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a clean, safe hotel near the port? It doesn't have to be fancy, but would help if it was near restaurants and a drug store since I won't have a car. I just want to be near the port for boarding a cruise the following day. When I search hotels I get so many results, it's hard to tell whether the areas are safe. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2011, 03:48 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,508,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by didee View Post
Can anyone recommend a clean, safe hotel near the port? It doesn't have to be fancy, but would help if it was near restaurants and a drug store since I won't have a car. I just want to be near the port for boarding a cruise the following day. When I search hotels I get so many results, it's hard to tell whether the areas are safe. Thanks!
Theres a Holiday Inn Suite on New Berlin thats the closest...
Holiday Inn Exp Suites Blnt Isld - Jacksonville Florida Hotels - HotelGuides.com

and across the Dames Point Bridge there is one a Value Place Motel off of Merrill Rd that's not really walkable because of the bridge its maybe 5 miles acrossthe river to the port from there.

Old 08-18-2011, 04:15 PM

615 posts, read 1,712,843 times
There's not a lot on the exit - it's mostly industrial. The Holiday Inn madcap mentioned is very close to the port, but not really walkable, especially with bags and all. You could easily catch a cab though...or maybe they have a shuttle?

There's a Wendy's and a Quizno's (in a gas station), but that's about it.

Have fun on your cruise!

Old 08-18-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlauburn View Post
There's not a lot on the exit - it's mostly industrial. The Holiday Inn madcap mentioned is very close to the port, but not really walkable, especially with bags and all. You could easily catch a cab though...or maybe they have a shuttle?

There's a Wendy's and a Quizno's (in a gas station), but that's about it.

Have fun on your cruise!
Yeah there's just not much in that part of the north side and if you must catch a cab you might as well stay over the bridge in the south side area. Where more amenities are available.

Old 08-18-2011, 04:30 PM

1,424 posts, read 5,337,516 times
Oh, yes, I have transportation the morning of the cruise, but not the night before, so I'll be stuck in/near the hotel, so room service or nearby restaurants would be handy. But I'm not walking with my luggage to the port

So the southside would be better as far as having a place to eat and civilization?

Old 08-18-2011, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by didee View Post
Oh, yes, I have transportation the morning of the cruise, but not the night before, so I'll be stuck in/near the hotel, so room service or nearby restaurants would be handy. But I'm not walking with my luggage to the port

So the southside would be better as far as having a place to eat and civilization?
If your walking to get food , YES! Much better. Something out by St Johns Bluff Rd and Beach Blvd or Atlantic Blvd. Both convenient to 9A and the port area by taxi. The value motel on Merrill is only close to a Bono's BBQ and a KFC or a Krystal Burger place.

Old 08-18-2011, 05:20 PM

615 posts, read 1,712,843 times
Even St Johns Town Center would only be about 10-15 min drive to the port in the morning. There are several hotels there - the Homewood Suites is the closest - and any kind of restaurant/grocery store/drugstore you could want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville