Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2011, 01:00 PM

4 posts, read 4,150 times

Advertisements

Hey yall, I am moving to Jax in 2.5 months. I will be a new graduate of University of Georgia.

I'm looking for suggestions about how to find a roommate, or somewhere affordable to live on the beach (1000/mo including utilities). Its just me and my 2 dogs.

I was thinking maybe someone else moving to Jax would find me on here and need a roommate as well?

Next, I was wondering if there are any fun groups to join so I can meet people?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 01:52 PM

1,071 posts, read 2,896,725 times
How large are your dogs and what breeds are they? It may take awhile to find a rental in your price range that will accept dogs and many do not take dogs at all if they are over 25 pounds or listed on a constantly growing list of unacceptable breeds by most landlord's insurers. Start looking diligently now and if you find something doable, lock it in. Most landlord managed properties at the beaches put a sign in the yard or window of the property and have no problem finding tenants quickly. Do you know anyone who lives in JAX who would be willing to drive around the neighborhoods occassionally for you?

Old 10-02-2011, 01:58 PM

1 dog is super little. 7.5 lbs and the other is med/large 65lbs +/-

I don't know anyone in Jax, my family is from S. Fla. I am diligently looking so hopefully something will come up. I'm thinking I may have to settle for something else until I move there and then keep looking.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:41 PM

7,778 posts, read 10,162,721 times
Any interest in rooming with a guy? My buddy just called me and asked if I wanted to move into a house with him at the beach (I'm not moving). He's very cool and knows the beaches scene well, but he's also a pretty heavy partier. Just wondering if that would even be on your radar so I might as well ask.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:12 AM

705 posts, read 1,575,366 times
Try this:

jacksonville rooms & shares classifieds - craigslist

Old 10-12-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Any interest in rooming with a guy? My buddy just called me and asked if I wanted to move into a house with him at the beach (I'm not moving). He's very cool and knows the beaches scene well, but he's also a pretty heavy partier. Just wondering if that would even be on your radar so I might as well ask.
Thanks for looking out, but I'm not really the heavy party kind of girl. I would say more like light to moderate.

and abv- I check craigslist daily... I have seen a couple that are promising but the listers are not all good about getting back with you. I guess they must not really want to rent out a room.

Old 10-12-2011, 10:50 AM

7,778 posts, read 10,162,721 times
Yeah, I hear ya. I wouldn't be able to handle it either. Only certain types of people would do well in that situation, haha.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:05 PM

1 posts, read 876 times
Hi I lived in Jax Beach for about 6yrs and know the area real well. Right now I live in IN but plan on moving back to Jax in a few mths and am looking for a roommate. I am a pharmacy tech and do photography on the side for extra cash. So I am not a slum roommate I pay my part & am a very clean woman. my email is [EMAIL="sandangel7728@gmail.com"]sandangel7728@gmail.com[/EMAIL] if intrested. thanks Andrea

Last edited by beachbumm7708; 03-19-2012 at 11:05 PM.. Reason: changed email address
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: