Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2011, 02:47 PM

1 posts, read 3,641 times

Advertisements

Hi,
Hope everyone is having a great day. My family and I are relocating to Ponte Vedra. We are in the early stages of our move and are flying there to look for a home. I'm trying to find out what would be the best gated community to live in. We love golf and want to have beach access. We plan on spending 800K-1 mil for our home. We have young children who love the beach!! I'm a huge golfer and thought maybe living on TPC sawgrass would be the way to go but I have heard great things about "The Plantation" since it has a private beach club and 2 golf courses as well.

I'd also like to find out about the cost of joining some of the country clubs asssociated with these gated communities (Initiation fee, monthly dues,etc..)

Also does anyone have any information on Bolles academy or any other good private schools in the community.

thanks and sorry for the long post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 07:15 PM

60 posts, read 188,821 times
Default Have you looked at Nocatee?

Not sure exactly what you're looking for, but we moved to Coastal Oaks at Nocatee over 2 years ago, and we love it. We have 4 young children, and this is such a great place to raise a family. My 3 oldest go to PVPV-Rawlings, the public schools in this county are very good. It's so safe here, the kids can go out anytime and play with friends, ride their bikes/scooters/whatever, explore nature trails, we go to our community pool or the Nocatee water park fairly often, the beach is about 10 mins away, and Davis Park where most of the sports are is only 5 mins away. My husband joined the golf club at Palencia (he liked it the most out of all the private courses in the area)

Hope that helps!
Lisa

Old 11-20-2011, 07:41 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,504,831 times
Consider buying in a gated non golf course comminity and then joining one of the various beach clubs in the area and finally becoming a member at the best golf only club in north Florida Pablo Creek.

Plantation Oaks ... Home For Sale Plantation Oaks Ponte Vedra Beach, FL $799,900

Seranata Beach Club ... Serenata Beach Club | Jacksonville, Ponte Vedra, and St. Augustine Premier Private Club, Wedding Venues and Special Events Venues 904-823-3368

Pablo Creek Golf Club ... Pablo Creek Club in Jacksonville

Old 11-21-2011, 10:48 AM

3,863 posts, read 9,504,831 times
BTW... The Plantation while a really nice gated golf course community only has one (1) golf course.
Plantation Course 18 hole, regulation length course. Private Equity golf course.
72 par, 6,903 yards, 132 slope, 73.1 rating, Bermuda grass and a full practice facility.

The Plantation at Ponte Vedra | Plantation Golf Course
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville