Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 12:49 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,306,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimsim View Post
People listen to these shows because the liberals pretty much own the majority of all other forms of media.

Personally, I don't agree with Obama, but I cannot stand Bortz (disgusting), Limbaugh (too into himself), or this new Andy Dean (twerp).

I actually like Hannity because, if you actually listen to him, he is a good guy. He wants America to be a strong nation and believes that America is better than every other nation out there, and the world is a better place because of it. He actually has more liberal callers and guests than he does conservatives and he is the only one I will listen to besides Clark!
When he first went national...his earlier shows were a hoot to listen to...they had a very strong 'Manhattan' 'Coney Iland' feel to them...

He use to always have that guy 'Marti' on...that old WW2 vet...he, Sean, would give Marti his own time during every show...

He also had other regular guest callers...like that 'cat' woman...and would always give her her own intro music...

'What's new P-cat' sung by Tom Jones...(1965 comedy)

Tom Jones - What's New Pussycat - YouTube

This was that ladies theme song...she doesn't call in anymore...

And he had others...

Also at the end of each show...he would have like that 'rapid fire' segment...where anonymous callers could call in and it was like 'one sentence and one sentence only'...

Yep, those were more of the fun days of his show...before the show just turned into hardcore politics...

His show was 'lighter' back then...a bit more inclusive...but he's since followed more in Rush's shoes...where it's just pure bash Democrats and Dem President...

Although he still tries to have 'non political' fun on there at times...but after making so many people mad, it's kind of hard to 'laugh' with him during those moments...

Sometimes I feel he doesn't even believe half of what he says, but like the rest, has kind of become a prisoner to his own success...in that he has to remain that way in order to maintane his base...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2012, 09:05 AM

163 posts, read 448,242 times
The only thing worth listening to on wokv is clark howard and jag games

Old 01-10-2012, 01:17 PM

213 posts, read 420,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightman_Cometh View Post
The only thing worth listening to on wokv is clark howard and jag games
I have to agree with that, I mainly listen to XM now...

One thing that people around here don't realize is that JAX is a conservative town, and alot of people will not get that. WOKV is the most listened too station in N.E. Florida and I do listen to them from time to time. But one thing that I am sick of is that each party have the solution to fix everything. We are in this mess because of both parties.

The problem of media is that 99% of the media leans to one side of the spectrum. ABC, CBS, NBC and other major networks support the democrats way more than they will support republicans or any other party. One thing that I am sick of is people calling Fox News a bag of lies... News Flash people, all party influenced news lies. This is comming from someone on the inside.

One thing I will say, "Big Government" is not the solution, it is THE problem people...

Old 01-10-2012, 02:37 PM

1,658 posts, read 4,717,893 times
Fox News is the dominant station listened to in businesses and homes all across Jacksonville and NEFL. I have no problem with that. This is Republican country and Fox News does not pretend to be anything but Republican and Conservative-biased. Most of the talking heads are intellectual clowns.

My choice for news is CNN which is more or less neutral while CBS, NBC, ABC lean towards the one-sided liberal viewpoint. You just have to read between the lines and ignore the hype.

For example, I subscribe to the WSJ for their financial analyses but I never read their editorials which are nothing more than propaganda written by idealogues. The same is true of ultra-liberal and ultra-conservative radio IMO.

Getting back to radio we don't have much of a choice. Stick to NPR, at least they are not as rabid as WOKV 690.

Last edited by cricketfan; 01-10-2012 at 02:46 PM..

Old 01-10-2012, 07:03 PM

WOKV 690

I find their programing to be one of the more depressing line up I've ever heard in my life...
Every host seems to be bent on 'negativity'...'scorning'...'bickering'...'nagging '...

Since when did talk radio have to become one big long Republican commercial?

These talk show hosts hurt the Republican party more so than help it...

Most regular normal people just don't like being doused in such negativity from dusk to dawn...

I don't think Rush and Sean and Neil and or Savage represent what it means to be 'conservative'...

Like extreme islamic terrorist groups have hi-jacked the Islamic movement, so have extreme, crude, rude opinionated talk show hosts have hi-jacked the Rep party and Con movements...

And these foul speaking talk show hosts have become the vocal face of the party...and is why Obama will easily win re-election...cause people just don't like 'bullies'...

Obama will become a 'Tebow' of sorts...a underdog...and people rally around underdogs...

If WOKV 690 and Sean and Rush and Neil think people outside their listeners enjoy hearing our President get trashed over the air, they are wrong...

Only their niche audience is that way...but not everyone else...and people will rally around their President...to the dismay of WOKV and their hosts...

Old 01-10-2012, 08:40 PM

275 posts, read 789,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
WOKV 690

If WOKV 690 and Sean and Rush and Neil think people outside their listeners enjoy hearing our President get trashed over the air, they are wrong...

Only their niche audience is that way...but not everyone else...and people will rally around their President...to the dismay of WOKV and their hosts...
Today's Gallup daily presidential job approval poll released for the period 7-9 Jan 2012: Approve = 42%. Disapprove = 50% Some niche audience

Old 01-10-2012, 08:54 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,466,186 times
Wow! Obamas numbers are up some. 42% approval? I thought he was down to about 27%. (and over rated at that!)

Old 01-10-2012, 08:57 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,466,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
WOKV 690

I find their programing to be one of the more depressing line up I've ever heard in my life...
Every host seems to be bent on 'negativity'...'scorning'...'bickering'...'nagging '...
And yet you must listen constantly, to quote it so accurately!

Old 01-10-2012, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcapmagishion View Post
And yet you must listen constantly, to quote it so accurately!
I want WOKV 690 to know I can't stand their programing...and that they only have anit American President hosts on...who constantly degrade the seat of the office...even if a Republican wins next election...it won't matter...

The likes of WOKV 690 have so lowerd the bar of class and respect that there's no recovering...

As such I can't stand WOKV 690 and will never buy any product that advertises on that show...

I'm an American...and was raised to be decent and support our President, whether Rep or Dem...

And I can't stand what stations like WOKV 690 do to corrode our nation by allowing such mentally deranged hosts to constantly lie, and put down our leadership....

And this may shock some of you...but I like Newt Gingrich...I use to could not stand him...I use to 'hate' him...

But for some reason...i really like the guy now...I think he'd make a great President...

So don't come at me with this right vs left puppet stuff...it's about style and class...which people just don't seem to have anymore...it's all about the dollar now...numbers, ratings...bring down this great nations so that Sean Hannity and WOKV 690 can have great ratings....

Old 01-10-2012, 10:26 PM

2,558 posts, read 6,463,070 times
If you don't like a station's programming, tell their advertisers. That is where the money comes from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: