Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 04:39 PM

615 posts, read 1,712,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintCabbage View Post
Do you have specific directions on how to get in to Anastasia park with beach access? I've wandered down there a couple times but can never find it. TIA!
We drive into St Aug and across the Bridge of Lions. Right past the lighthouse and the Alligator Farm, you take a left onto Anastasia Park Road (there's a surf shop with a little food cart out front). You drive through a gate (always seems to be open) and about 1/2 mile you come to the park entrance where you pay your $8 for the day.

That road will take you to a deadend at the main parking area which has bathrooms, playground, small shop and grill, picnic tables etc, and beach access.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2013, 03:09 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,159,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlauburn View Post
We drive into St Aug and across the Bridge of Lions. Right past the lighthouse and the Alligator Farm, you take a left onto Anastasia Park Road (there's a surf shop with a little food cart out front). You drive through a gate (always seems to be open) and about 1/2 mile you come to the park entrance where you pay your $8 for the day.

That road will take you to a deadend at the main parking area which has bathrooms, playground, small shop and grill, picnic tables etc, and beach access.
Excellent, thanx!

Old 04-06-2013, 03:56 PM

216 posts, read 475,277 times
Fact is, if you like PVB, you better be able to walk or bike to it. Most of the access signs are removed by owners, parking your car will generate more police response than a school shooting.
If I lived elsewhere and wanted to go there I'd put a bike rack on my vehicle and park it at the Winn Dixie parking lot at Solana/A1A.

Nocatee people who love the beach should get used to driving a lot.

Old 04-07-2013, 09:30 AM

2,415 posts, read 4,243,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiller123 View Post
The following has happened to my home: 1) Cant find HOI coverage for my home or can my lender. I have no HOI coverage since St Johns dropped me in 1/13 2) A few of the 30 year roof shingles that were installed have buckled and delaminated then blew off the roof a few weeks ago. 5) Fixtures inside the home are rusting. 6) Rust is bleeding through the exterior stucco walls 7) Most all of the exterior stucco is now severly cracked and delaminating. 8) While in bed early one morning a few weeks ago when we had the hard freeze my wife and I heard a loud cracking noise. It was to dark it investigate. When we woke up I walked over to the wall in our bay window inside my bedroom (where the noise came from) and found a large three foot crack in the dry wall wide enough to slide a credit card through. We also noticed that a few of the dry wall studs have poped. If thats not enough I discovered a number of homes in my neighborhood where the stucco is not just delaminating and cracking but exterior walls are crumbling!!

What??? You mean you're having these problems from a Toll Brothers Home? America's "Luxury" Home Builder??

No surprise here to me at all. They sell you nice granite countertops and upgraded kitchen cabinets, stainless steel appliances, blah blah blah, and then put up a cheap weatherization system inside your wall, and use the lowest bidder they can find to install it. Actually, they use the lowest bidders for everything they do, so that's not really any surprise. Many builders these days do that as a standard practice. Usually the big publicly trades companies follow this practices, Toll, KB, etc.

Meanwhile, the most important part of the home, the Weatherization System, sits silently, hidden, inside your walls, either doing it's job, or not. Toll, while I'm not sure what they use now, used a very inexpensive perforated product, Green Guard "Value" Wrap for many years. I think they also used "Protecto Wrap" window and door flashing, another cheap product that isn't worth a crap in my opinion, since I've seen many jobs where it is just falling off the wall. Add in using the lowest bidding company to install an inferior weatherization system, a poorly installed stucco system, and voila, you have a moisture intrusion problem just waiting to happen. I'm surprised there's not more issues actually, but these problems usually do not surface for about 4-6 years. Just enough time for the builder to be able to wash his hands of it.

If you are considering Nocatee, Toll Brothers would be the last builder I would pick. And I would stay away from stucco completely. Lap siding, brick, heck, even vinyl siding (which I hate), fiber cement wall panels..... I have not seen any moisture intrusion issues from homes built with these types of exteriors. Every mold and moisture intrusion issue I have investigated has involved a stucco home.

But it's hard for the average home buyer to understand how all this works together, and so the inferior building will continue, and the problems will always be around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville