Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2014, 07:48 AM

123 posts, read 299,756 times

Advertisements

For whoever was asking about the amenity center in Plummers Creek...

It was not up to Dreamfinders when it was being started, it was in the hands of the developer.

That being said, the developer finally has started the amenity center! They broke ground this week and there has been a lot of action and dirt over there. Not sure how long it will take until completion but happy it's started!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2014, 07:47 AM

1 posts, read 2,621 times
Dreamfinders have beautiful homes but horrible to deal with. The whole experience was awful and after two years of living in my home, we have finally managed to get it to a stage that it was supposed to be at when we moved in.

The building process started of with them promising the world and giving us prices on things i wanted to know about. Once you get to the design center, you realize that the original prices quoted just a month ago were suddenly 25+% more. While the home was being built, if you caught any mistakes and reported it, they would tell you that changing it would delay the home with an additional 2 weeks. Since they know that people want to move in ASAP. They never cleaned up the yard around the house before laying the sod and we have been finding nails, saw blades, and all kinds of things while having to fix and patch up their horrible sod work.

Once we moved in we had to clean the house ourselves since it was nasty. There were paint, glue, varnish, grout etc. that had to be cleaned off tile, walls, and stairs. Not an easy task let me tell you. When the one year mark came up to get repairs done around the home, the people that were coming over to patch up and fix the things were so awful that I ended up redoing their work myself.

Basically, once you sign the paperwork and they have you on the hook, the nasty sides come out. Once you have the keys in your hand, they only wave if they have a customer with them.

Are they like any other builder out there? I don't know... I can only tell you that everyone that has built with them have the same issues. I do love their homes but 6-8 months of building and 2+ years of banging my head against the wall makes me wonder if it was all worth it. Just don't walk in there and believe them when they say that they can build such and such home that might be for sale for a lot less. They will nickle and dime you until you close on the home.

Old 09-20-2014, 06:43 PM

1 posts, read 2,426 times
For those that have built with Dream Finders I'm wondering how much some of the upgrades are in the design center. For example, we have level 1 cabinets in the kitchen but if we went with level 4, an idea how much more it is per cabinet?

Old 10-05-2014, 09:31 AM

6 posts, read 14,242 times
Default Plummer Creek

Hi..wondering if you are in your new home I will soon be doing a contract..have read many of the threads and would like to know if there is any red flags I should be aware of...Did the design center seem way over priced for upgrades..not sure I like that fact you can't go there first to get a feel for how much you will need in the final price...are you from that area up there? It looks like such a nice neighborhood hope it ends up like I think with people taking care of their properties..The only negative I have right now is seeing some of the unsightly positioned satellite dishes people have put on the sides of their property...in the covenant it states they have to be placed back some...maybe when the HOA is in place that can be corrected but would have thought the developer would have been consulted and start off on the right foot saying they have to be here not there..not liking them in sight...have you seen them? Hope you don't have one of them? Anyhow any insight to your build issues would love to have a heads up..Thanks

Old 10-05-2014, 09:44 AM

Hi...looking through these threads...does anyone know if you can put a well in there? Am very surprised at the cost of water with the one fellow 300...? That seems very high especially with the small lots there..thanks glad I found this site...

Old 10-06-2014, 11:18 AM

2,513 posts, read 2,765,772 times
Jacksonville sewage rates are ridiculous. Its not the water that is high, but the sewage. My folks put in a well years ago. Sewage is roughly 4x the amount of water. If one waters their lawn in the summer, getting charged for sewage when there is none is bad. If I were buying a new built home, I'd get an irrigation meter put in. It will pay for itself in a few years. Or a well, if its allowed.

Old 10-06-2014, 10:29 PM

Hi..yes I had a well in my last home..would be interested if anyone would tell what their bills are running in the small lots? I didn't think this county would be as high as
Duval...anyone living in
Plummer Creek know why they area allowing those satellite dishes in the front of a few homes? Not liking the look at all..I'm getting ready for contract and would appreciate any insight to the design center..are upgrades extremely overpriced..has anyone done wood flooring? Did you have to upgrade to a higher level to get good quality..hard to be at their mercy without seeing where you will co come in price wise ...how are the no seeums up there? And snakes? Any other creatures to beware?

Old 10-07-2014, 07:58 AM

To Lelaa, Am ready to do a contract in Plummer...are you saying I shouldn't..you are scaring me from your post..do not want a headache ,,,I will get everything signed for protection in contract..did you have structural issues with your home? I am not sure if responding to the right place n this forum to get to you or if you even frequent it here anymore..would like more feedback here ?THANKS

Old 10-07-2014, 12:06 PM

Just received a private mailing from someone ..not sure if is another person just fooling around or what but the site would not let me answer you...sorry to be so suspicious..

Old 10-22-2014, 07:24 PM

123 posts, read 299,756 times
The first couple water bills are high as you need to irrigate a lot to get your grass rooted. Since then, we have manually adjusted our irrigation to only run 1-2 times a week and now our water bills are about $90/month.

Not sure about the satellite dishes, I live here and they don't really bother me. The HOA isn't in full force yet so that may change when they are. I mean it's a great neighborhood so I wouldn't let satellite dishes deter you.

The design center is reasonable. We added a lot of upgrades, they have good options. Of course some things are cheaper to do yourself but it's a convenience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville