Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2012, 12:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,256 times

Advertisements

I am absolutely overwhelmed trying to figure out which part of jacksonville to re-locate our family to. i have read so many threads on here that i am now just confused!

I will be working on River City Dr in 32246 and my husband will be working on Blount Island.

We have a small child (just over 1 year) and are in our early 30s, have transportation, want a safe neighborhood with good schools. We'd prefer a commute of 30 minutes or less. Since this will be a second home, our budget is only in the $175,000 range. We dont mind having to drive to restaurants/entertainment. We are looking to make this move by mid-May.

Thank you so much for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 01:45 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,507,321 times
IMO...Look at the many subdivisions off of Kernan Blvd near Atlantic Blvd. Quick access to both Blount Island and the St Johns Town Center. (River City Dr) And as a plus your less that 15 minutes to the beaches.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:10 PM

2 posts, read 2,288 times
As a Realtor in Jacksonville I can tell you that your best bet (in your situation) is to actually looks for homes first, look in your price range around that zip code or zipcodes around it (do a search by zipcode), then pick your top 5 homes that meets your needs, and then research each home neighborhood for schools, communities, crime rate, etc. Good luck, Let me know if you have any questions.

Old 04-07-2012, 08:34 PM

5 posts, read 7,361 times
I live in a community North Creek in Peacan Park. Commute to Blout Island 10 minutes. Our community is very nice. Has pool, tennis basketball, playground and RV storage. NO CDD fees. HOA is $500. per year. There are resale $118.k to $250.k Standard Pacific is selling new home.
JAX is very large. We've lived here a year and have found this area to be less congested yet close to everything we need.
Ed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: