Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 04:51 PM

222 posts, read 423,618 times

Advertisements

I am a real estate agent and will tell you that the rental market in St Johns Cty is hot right now. Rents have gone up and well-priced homes in good condition are getting applications on them the first day or two of being listed. Renters who choose to "think about it overnight" are finding the rentals gone the next day.

I worked with 2 different renters last week, both in the under $2000/mo. price range, and showed houses in Cimarrone, JCP and Ivy Lakes. None of the houses had many upgrades but I wouldn't have expected them to at that price point. Houses in the same neighborhoods in the $2,000-2,5000/mo range typically do have many of the upgrades you are seeking. In fact, I placed a renter in a beautiful, renovated pool home in JCP last week for under $2,500/mo. If your max. rent is < $2,000, I think you will have a difficult time finding what you are hoping for. If those things are important you will probably need to pay more.
In any event, I wish you all the best in your search and your move to this area!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2012, 05:35 PM

213 posts, read 312,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbean1234 View Post
I am a real estate agent and will tell you that the rental market in St Johns Cty is hot right now. Rents have gone up and well-priced homes in good condition are getting applications on them the first day or two of being listed. Renters who choose to "think about it overnight" are finding the rentals gone the next day.

I worked with 2 different renters last week, both in the under $2000/mo. price range, and showed houses in Cimarrone, JCP and Ivy Lakes. None of the houses had many upgrades but I wouldn't have expected them to at that price point. Houses in the same neighborhoods in the $2,000-2,5000/mo range typically do have many of the upgrades you are seeking. In fact, I placed a renter in a beautiful, renovated pool home in JCP last week for under $2,500/mo. If your max. rent is < $2,000, I think you will have a difficult time finding what you are hoping for. If those things are important you will probably need to pay more.
In any event, I wish you all the best in your search and your move to this area!
True dat! We are currently looking for a 4-5BR in St Johns. On Monday, the 100% perfect, checked every box on the wish list house came up and in the two days it took to get a response from the realty office it had an application on it. I was super bummed. Our movers are coming June 13 and I'm getting nervous!

Old 04-27-2012, 05:59 AM

301 posts, read 1,059,077 times
We are contacting an agent today to have ours put up for rent, we are anticipating a move out of state. We are in Aberdeen (Castlegate) which is zoned for Creekside High, Fruit Cove Middle, and Cunningham Creek Elem.

-It is 3 bedroom, 3 bath, plus seperate office with french doors, approx 2350 square feet
-dark hand-scraped hardwood flooring throughout home, no carpet, but we have tile in kitchen and bathrooms
-Granite countertops in Kitchen with 42' cherry cabinets and tile backsplash
-Marble vanities in bathrooms, marble corner garden tub in master
-Gas fireplace, ceiling fans throughout
-Walk in closet in master
-We have a 16x32 inground pool, upgraded with rock waterfall and spa and extended paver patio.
-Vinyl fenced-in yard that backs up to a preserve so there are no houses directly behind us.
-3 car garage
-Seperate irrigation meter for watering

-Many upgrades throughout...
We are trying to make it available probably June 1st..
Not positive on price, we have to talk to a realtor or mgmt company to see whats recommended, thinking somewhere in the 2000.00 range. Im going to call today to get it set up.

Last edited by daisies76; 04-27-2012 at 06:42 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 04-28-2012, 01:19 PM

454 posts, read 692,329 times
Agree the market here is rather in demand. Looked at houses yesterday and places were getting multiple applications even after being listed for just a few days.

Old 04-28-2012, 01:57 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,388,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisies76 View Post
We are contacting an agent today to have ours put up for rent, we are anticipating a move out of state. We are in Aberdeen (Castlegate) which is zoned for Creekside High, Fruit Cove Middle, and Cunningham Creek Elem.

-It is 3 bedroom, 3 bath, plus seperate office with french doors, approx 2350 square feet
-dark hand-scraped hardwood flooring throughout home, no carpet, but we have tile in kitchen and bathrooms
-Granite countertops in Kitchen with 42' cherry cabinets and tile backsplash
-Marble vanities in bathrooms, marble corner garden tub in master
-Gas fireplace, ceiling fans throughout
-Walk in closet in master
-We have a 16x32 inground pool, upgraded with rock waterfall and spa and extended paver patio.
-Vinyl fenced-in yard that backs up to a preserve so there are no houses directly behind us.
-3 car garage
-Seperate irrigation meter for watering

-Many upgrades throughout...
We are trying to make it available probably June 1st..
Not positive on price, we have to talk to a realtor or mgmt company to see whats recommended, thinking somewhere in the 2000.00 range. Im going to call today to get it set up.
Don't forget to include the price of lawn and pool maintenance and irrigation water to the rent (I assume you'll be paying all HOA fees - taxes - etc. yourself). A lot of renters don't like to pay for these things - and then the HOA gets mad. These days - under current Florida law - if your tenant doesn't take care of things - you're the one who gets fined - and the HOA can take the fine out of the rent the tenant owes to you. Robyn

Old 04-29-2012, 07:49 AM

301 posts, read 1,059,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
Don't forget to include the price of lawn and pool maintenance and irrigation water to the rent (I assume you'll be paying all HOA fees - taxes - etc. yourself). A lot of renters don't like to pay for these things - and then the HOA gets mad. These days - under current Florida law - if your tenant doesn't take care of things - you're the one who gets fined - and the HOA can take the fine out of the rent the tenant owes to you. Robyn
Thanks Robyn, yes we are signing up with a pool company for maintenance and will be also maintaining some sort of lawn service. We are looking to sign with a mgmt company on Tuesday, hopefully to have the house ready 6/1 or 6/15.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:52 PM

49 posts, read 173,511 times
Default St. Johns

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonsmom4 View Post
George: I also would love the name of a reputable management company. My family is moving over from Panama City in June also. We are looking for a 4 preferably 5 BR in Ponte Vedra or St Johns, and I'm beginning to get concerned. I would love to rent something for a year that I could then purchase and not have to move again. I know when the good places pop up they will be gone so it would be nice to have someone locally on my side since we are in Panama City.
I also moved here from Panama City. St. Johns county is a nice place to live. Hard to find the lease to own homes in JCP. Most people want to just sell their home if possible after they move.

Market is really picking up lately.

Last edited by keithshoe; 06-13-2012 at 11:11 PM..

Old 06-13-2012, 11:11 PM

49 posts, read 173,511 times
Default Rentals and Sales in St. Johns County

Had a nice couple in last month for a rental. They had to go down to a 2BR townhome unit, instead of 3BR just to get something before their move in date.

It was never listed, got it before it was on MLS and got lucky.

Some good single family homes in the 2500/month range last time I looked last month.

Doing lots of multiple offers on regular deals over the last month. Last week one condo close to the beach had 7 offers first two days on the market.

Old 06-14-2012, 05:17 AM

4 posts, read 5,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeJ. View Post
What part of St. John's County are you looking at? If it's the St. Augustine area then the Property Mgt. company I use would be good for you. PM me if you'd like the name.

You might have a problem finding a rental that would want to sell to you in a year...I believe that my current tenants mentioned the same thing to the Prop. Mgr. when they signed the lease. My take, on reading between the lines, means that after a year they might want to offer an under-market amount to buy the place & stay in it...Not gonna happen, in my situation. Market value is currently about $40,000 less than what I paid. And my guess would be that they'd offer quite a bit less than that since there wouldn't be all that bother of listing it, etc. In my case, I really don't have any interest in taking a big loss - it's not underwater because I put a huge downpayment on the house, but I have no interest in flushing $40,000-50,000 down the sewer to sell the house...
May I know which [SIZE=3]neighbourhood[/SIZE] is that?

Old 06-14-2012, 11:43 PM

148 posts, read 423,470 times
Hello friends:

You will remember me as the originator of this thread. It's funny that we actually ended up renting the home that is discussed above from daisies76. We are very excited and will be moving into the home at the end of the month. The home is absolutely fabulous! The brand new neighborhood, the schools, the proximaty to everything is wonderful. I'll keep you posted on how we do in St. Johns. We are very excited and I'm sure we are going to love it.

T
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville