Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 12:08 AM

6 posts, read 51,244 times

Advertisements

I know this is probably not possible but here goes.
Do you think with a budget of 350,000 to 400,000 for a home, can we get saltwater or brackish water in back yard(size of lot not that important) to walk out and be able to catch any fish? I would prefer the property to be in or around Ponte Vedra Beach or Saint Augustine. Drive to work would be to South Jax around Baymeadow Way.
I have a two and a half year old boy.
Looking for at least 2000 sq. feet.

Thank You,
Afishy1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2007, 04:44 AM
LM1

833 posts, read 997,669 times
Hello.

No. Absolutely not.
If you found a 2000+ sf saltwater front home in St. Augustine or PVB for that kind of money, it would be the dumb-luck deal of the decade. Marsh front, maybe. "Fishable" saltwater frontage (be it canal, ICW or ocean), no way in that price range.

Old 09-17-2007, 06:52 AM

39 posts, read 176,661 times
Agreed, NO WAY-

Old 09-17-2007, 11:01 AM

2,689 posts, read 3,963,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afishy1 View Post
Do you think with a budget of 350,000 to 400,000 for a home, can we get saltwater or brackish water in back yard(size of lot not that important) to walk out and be able to catch any fish? I would prefer the property to be in or around Ponte Vedra Beach or Saint Augustine. Drive to work would be to South Jax around Baymeadow Way.

Thank You,
Afishy1

if you are willing to get a townhouse, you could find one on a pond in PVB

Old 09-17-2007, 12:28 PM

39 posts, read 176,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
if you are willing to get a townhouse, you could find one on a pond in PVB
I would think Townhouse is still pushing it, dont you think?
Maybe for an additional $100k... in the $500k range for a Townhouse?

Old 09-17-2007, 03:40 PM

95 posts, read 427,352 times
I wish you luck in your quest, however, your chances of finding what you are looking for would be better winning the lottery. BUT, if you won, then you could afford just what you are looking for in the infamous PVB. In my opinion the housing there is over-priced and over-rated, it's more of a status thing.

Old 09-17-2007, 08:41 PM
LM1

833 posts, read 997,669 times
The "ponds" in PVB are post-construction retention ponds.
I always get a chuckle when people call them "waterfront".
I guess overlooking a toilet is technically "waterfront" too, but I'm certainly not going to pay a premium for it.

Old 09-18-2007, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceHigh View Post
I would think Townhouse is still pushing it, dont you think?
no I don't. I know that there are dozens of townhomes listed for well under 400k many are on ponds and lakes.
If the OP could deal with not being directly on a body of water there are many homes under 400k very close to lakes, ponds and streams, and there are even a few smaller homes at that price level that are within walking distance of the beach

Old 09-18-2007, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM1 View Post
The "ponds" in PVB are post-construction retention ponds.
I always get a chuckle when people call them "waterfront".
I guess overlooking a toilet is technically "waterfront" too, but I'm certainly not going to pay a premium for it.

those retention ponds are mighty large where I live, sure there are some "ponds" that are nothing more than retention ponds but there are many large, albeit man made, lakes that are much more than just retention ponds.
Do you actually live in PVB or are you just letting some preconceived petty jealousies show?

Old 09-18-2007, 07:29 AM
CBB

481 posts, read 2,241,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afishy1 View Post

Thank You,
Afishy1
You could look for a home in a neighborhood with a community dock. Still, it would be difficult if not impossible within your price range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: