Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 01:23 PM

275 posts, read 792,956 times

Advertisements

Are there any decent mom and pop type restaurants that serve traditional breakfasts in Fernandina Beach. Not talking about any high-priced places. Just someplace the locals go to. We've been to Fernandina Beach on several occasions and have not located any. Just wondering if we are not looking hard enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 02:24 PM

5,130 posts, read 6,127,528 times
There are several, Bright Mornings, downtown. Ms. Carolyn's and Doo Wop Diner which are both on 14th street. Barbara Jeans was serving on the weekends just over the Shave Bridge. Parkway Grille has excellent breakfast sandwiches it is across from Harris Teeter.

Ms. Carolyns and Bright Mornings are two of the popular ones.

There is also T-Rays Burger Station that just has breakfast and lunch and it is on 8th Street just before downtown. It is in an old Exxon station complete with broken pumps and gas island. The local FAVORITE, if you are new to the area and drive by it would be hard for you to recognize it as anything but an old gas station. Great FOOD but a rather unorthodox setting. The locals love it, and it is definitely traditional.

There are lots of places, some of them are just hiding.

Of course we do have a Huddle House

Old 05-23-2012, 03:59 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,505,742 times
Whenever I used to go play golf in Fernandina, I used to stop at T-Rays for breakfast and was never disappointed.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:26 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,011,343 times
We recently ate breakfast at Jack and Diane's and were sorely disappointed.

T-Rays is okay, ditto Parkway. You will definitely get local atmosphere with T-rays. Get there before 8:30 if you possibly can.

My absolute favorite is Bright Mornings.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:43 AM

25,436 posts, read 9,795,443 times
Bright mornings is great. Haven't been to T Rays, but have heard raves about it. Also, Cafe Karibo has a good brunch.

Old 06-13-2012, 01:35 PM

542 posts, read 701,765 times
Jack and Diane's is horrible avoid that place. I like the food at T-Rays but it is really dirty and nasty in there. I don't really like Bright Mornings I just don't think the food is that good and it is expensive. Parkway grill is OK they have good homefries, I eat at the huddle house quite a bit, I put it in the T-rays category accept at least you get some one to wait on you. Ms. Carolyns is pretty good, half the time I can't get in as there is a line..... and if you like Bagels you should buy some from the bakery across from the water tower. A lot of southern folk don't have any idea what a good bagel taste like. They sure know biscuits but searching for a good bagel in the south is a challenge. The woman who runs the place is from New Jersey, I think. She brought the secret with her.....They are really really good. I am serious.

Old 06-13-2012, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarpeg View Post
Bagels you should buy some from the bakery across from the water tower. A lot of southern folk don't have any idea what a good bagel taste like. They sure know biscuits but searching for a good bagel in the south is a challenge. The woman who runs the place is from New Jersey, I think. She brought the secret with her.....They are really really good. I am serious.
That would be Chez Lezan.
She is a nice lady and I love her desserts, too.
Just had her "everything" bagels last weekend.

Old 06-13-2012, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post
I am going to have try there this weekend. I love Everything Bagels, and everyone else must as they always run out at Publix.

We miss the old Kofe Hous near CVS. The muffins and bagels were the best.

Old 06-14-2012, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
We miss the old Kofe Hous near CVS. The muffins and bagels were the best.
I do too. What I really miss is buying coffee beans there. The bread store is okay though I guess.

I've never been so don't have first-hand experience, but people have told me that brunch at the Beech St Grill is worthwhile.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWillowPlate View Post

Tried Chez Lezan out this morning and we have found a new place for our muffins and bagels. Great suggestion, can't beleive we never noticed it there before Truly delicious

On another note, T-Rays was packed.....and that is an understatement. I never noticed the tables under the old gas pumps awning before. Hope everyone enjoys the sun this weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville