Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 07:02 AM

5 posts, read 101,069 times

Advertisements

Hello:

We live in Puerto Rico and planing to move to Jacksonville, Florida (maybe Duval or Clay) soon....but I'm looking to have an average cost of monthly bill for electricity and water so I can compare. Here in P.R. the electricity is to much high....is the same there????, the water bill is OK.....We are a family of 6 with twins 9 years old and another twins 1 year old.

For the residential are...............can some one tell me were in the best area for live....
Can some body help me with the information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2007, 11:56 AM

355 posts, read 1,403,898 times
my electric in summer is around 160$ in winter maybe 100$ range....

Old 09-21-2007, 02:56 PM

63 posts, read 225,642 times
mine is $200 plus in the summer. around $160 in the winter. for 1600 sq. ft.

Old 09-22-2007, 02:47 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,109,893 times
we are 2 people in 2100 sq ft
the electric and water come in the same bill. We have gone as high as $220 in the summer and as low as $140 in the winter. We do have a separate well for our irrigation system so our water part is usually only $36 a month.
Some of the newer neighborhoods in Clay county use "reclaimed" water for irrigation so that would reduce the water part of your bill.

Old 09-22-2007, 03:12 AM

39 posts, read 326,981 times
We have budget billing for elec set at appx $112/month for 2100 sq ft.

Water can go as high as $90 in the summer, much lower in the winter.

Old 09-23-2007, 05:52 PM

119 posts, read 610,575 times
our water and elec is 170 in the summer, not sure about winter yet....900 sqft condo and we keep the air on 78.

Old 09-23-2007, 07:32 PM

62 posts, read 376,579 times
Wow, we must be doing something wrong...
Family of 3 in a 2500 sq foot house, electric runs about $300 (ac at 78), water about $150 (sprinklers on 3 days a week).

Old 09-23-2007, 07:53 PM

2,679 posts, read 11,731,857 times
I have a 3400 square foot house in Clay County, 3 people, and the thermostat is set at 76. The bill was 290 dollars.

I need to figure out if this is normal for the area and my house.

Old 09-24-2007, 04:58 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,109,893 times
titaniummd
my sister pays around that for about the same size house.
fodder if you reduce your watering to twice a week which is what the St john water management calls "the rule" it will help with your water bill.
You can also look into a separate water meter for your irrigation system.
It can reduce your water bill so it pays for it self.

Did you all know that you can call JEA and they will send someone our for free that will do a "energy audit" in your house. They will tell you if your "wasting" ele.
One I noticed is the sun "sets" on the back of our house which is mostly 82" windows. we would crank the A/C to try to keep the great room cool and then freeze in the rest of the house. So now I shut the blinds and curtains around 1 pm we also put that film on the windows which really helps. When the guy form JEA was here he used his "temp gun" the temp coming through the windows dropped almost 20 degrees when we shut the blinds and curtains.
He also said ceiling fans are a great help they will allow you to raise the thermostat to 78 or 79 and feel the same. He said they only run about $5 a month to run constantly.
But turn them off in rooms your not using like the bedroom during the day.

karla

Old 09-24-2007, 05:50 AM

2,679 posts, read 11,731,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
titaniummd
my sister pays around that for about the same size house.
fodder if you reduce your watering to twice a week which is what the St john water management calls "the rule" it will help with your water bill.
You can also look into a separate water meter for your irrigation system.
It can reduce your water bill so it pays for it self.

Did you all know that you can call JEA and they will send someone our for free that will do a "energy audit" in your house. They will tell you if your "wasting" ele.
One I noticed is the sun "sets" on the back of our house which is mostly 82" windows. we would crank the A/C to try to keep the great room cool and then freeze in the rest of the house. So now I shut the blinds and curtains around 1 pm we also put that film on the windows which really helps. When the guy form JEA was here he used his "temp gun" the temp coming through the windows dropped almost 20 degrees when we shut the blinds and curtains.
He also said ceiling fans are a great help they will allow you to raise the thermostat to 78 or 79 and feel the same. He said they only run about $5 a month to run constantly.
But turn them off in rooms your not using like the bedroom during the day.

karla
I feel better that someone's bill is similar. I asked my friend who lives in Jacksonville who lives in Blue Lake Estates who has a 3800 square foot house. His bill was always less than 190 dollars. I was perplexed since his wife is at home with her grandmother and the kids play video games all of the time. I figure with the power they use and bigger house, their bill would be more. I don't know if it's a Duval county thing.....

I have shades throughout the house. The largest shade I just had put in yesterday (honecomb shade for a 12 foot wide sliding glass door). All the shades are closed during the day. We still have no shades for my front door (french doors).

I have ceiling fans in all of the major rooms including the lanai.

I will check on that audit. Hopefully, I could figure some things out. I think I will also get the energy efficient light bulbs, too.

Thanks, Karla with a K!

I will contact JEA. I was wondering if a service like that existed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: