Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2007, 09:11 PM

14 posts, read 66,466 times

Advertisements

Hello, this is my first post here. We live in Melbourne, FL and I may be taking on a position with my cable contracting company ($150k + a year, @ $200k + total income with wife) to run a new office around the Jacksonville area. We went to the Palencia subdiv. over the weekend and loved the design but not the area outside the main gate, too much of nothing. My question is would it be reasonable to expect to find a home, possibly on a saltwater canal, in PV or PVB for up to $750 - $800k? We're looking for a 4/3/3 on a descent sized lot, not 10' from our neighbors. I know $200k seems like alot of money, but we wouldn't want to put ourselves in the position of "working just for our mortgage" just to live in the area. Also, how far would it be to downtown Jacksonville and how are the daycares and elementary schools in PVB ? A 20 min. commute would not kill me. Our son attends Suntree Elementary here in Melbourne which is in the top 5 elementary schools in Fl. so we dont want to sacrifice good schools for a nicer house. My wife works in a dentist office here and we were wondering the best area to find a position in that field. Sorry for all the questions and thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2007, 09:16 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,935,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VSICCA View Post
Hello, this is my first post here. We live in Melbourne, FL and I may be taking on a position with my cable contracting company ($150k + a year, @ $200k + total income with wife) to run a new office around the Jacksonville area. We went to the Palencia subdiv. over the weekend and loved the design but not the area outside the main gate, too much of nothing. My question is would it be reasonable to expect to find a home, possibly on a saltwater canal, in PV or PVB for up to $750 - $800k? We're looking for a 4/3/3 on a descent sized lot, not 10' from our neighbors. I know $200k seems like alot of money, but we wouldn't want to put ourselves in the position of "working just for our mortgage" just to live in the area. Also, how far would it be to downtown Jacksonville and how are the daycares and elementary schools in PVB ? A 20 min. commute would not kill me. Our son attends Suntree Elementary here in Melbourne which is in the top 5 elementary schools in Fl. so we dont want to sacrifice good schools for a nicer house. My wife works in a dentist office here and we were wondering the best area to find a position in that field. Sorry for all the questions and thanks for the help.
see my response to the other message like this one
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: