Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 04:10 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,566,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreads0518 View Post
So True!!
I drive thru the MLK/Montcrief area daily. I wouldn't want my car to break down in that area. If it did I wouldn't leave it, that's for sure.
If my car broke down in Arlington, I wouldn't worry too much about leaving it for a few hours.
How does a moncrief thug steal a broke down car? Unless they own a town truck. Jacksonvilles ghettos are growing, which is great for St. Johns County.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 04:30 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,508,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
How does a moncrief thug steal a broke down car? Unless they own a town truck. Jacksonvilles ghettos are growing, which is great for St. Johns County.
He (a Moncrief thug) doesn't steal the whole car, just the parts that can be easily removed and sold! (tires, rims, radio and any personel belongings in said vehicle)

Old 08-08-2012, 06:38 PM

51 posts, read 94,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcapmagishion View Post
He (a Moncrief thug) doesn't steal the whole car, just the parts that can be easily removed and sold! (tires, rims, radio and any personel belongings in said vehicle)
Thank you........

Old 08-09-2012, 11:56 AM

399 posts, read 719,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
We have so many churches here that I can't believe that Arlington is your only alternative (unless you belong to an unusual denomination). Robyn
Is Arlington really that bad? I remember attending a service in the Arlington area back in 2009. I was there for a day. The little I saw did not look so bad. It looked like a residential area..houses. Not an upscale area, the homes looked old, but it was quiet. I did not see any ghetto folk or suspicious activities at the time. This was during the day though. Yes, this particular denomination is not one of the big ones.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:17 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,277,446 times
Parts of it are bad, parts are nice.

Like most of Jacksonville.

Old 08-09-2012, 02:10 PM

216 posts, read 475,473 times
I don't think Arlington is that bad, but then again I come from war zones up north. NW JAX, however, even near downtown, I've see gangs standing in the middle of the street stopping cars. The police won't go in there without a Swat team.

Old 08-10-2012, 04:17 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,277,446 times
That's strange.

According to JSO, gangs are not really an issue at in Jacksonville. There are some pretend gangs, where a groups of friends decide to call themselves a gang, but nothing organized or anywhere near the level of your stereotypical gang California, Houston, Chicago, or even Memphis or Miami gang.

Although NW Jax is the "worst" general area of Jacksonville, you can drive through there without worry. No one is stopping any cars in the road, I assure you.

That would be news.

Old 08-12-2012, 08:37 PM

86 posts, read 174,615 times
As in Arlington being one of the worst areas... you are talking about the one part/area in Arlington called Sin City.. Now that I would agree with, but there are lots of other nice areas in Arlington.

Old 08-15-2012, 06:58 AM

237 posts, read 496,813 times
I manage several properties in Arlington. First Arlington is a HUGH area (bigger than some cities), expecially if you are including East Arlington. It depends on the area. There are some very expensive nice areas of Arlington and some run down areas. I go to the Home Depot and Lowes (Regency Area Ones) and never have any problems.

Obviously over time Arlington has gone down as people move further East and South. From what I understand the Regency Mall was a Great Mall at one time. Now most people go to the Avenue. Talking to investors, they are starting to buy the old homes in Arlington and fixing them up, so maybe in the future Arlington will become "HOT" again, but that is probably years away.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:42 AM

3,237 posts, read 6,319,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
that area is not bad anymore.
LoL, are you kidding me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: