Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2007, 08:43 AM

2 posts, read 5,482 times

Advertisements

I just moved to Jacksonville about one month ago due to a verbal job offer that was reneged after my girlfriend agreed to follow me and had already accepted a job. I have now been in search of a job, but it's a slow process because I am unfamiliar with the companies located in Jacksonville. I am a recent college graduate (finance degree) with solid experience most notably in supervision at UPS for 5 years. I have been in search of a finance related job preferably in commercial real estate or as a financial analyst. Is the job market tough in Jax? Is there anyone on this forum that networks with people within the field of finance? Any guidance to reputable companies would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2007, 09:26 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,456,050 times
You might want to consider broadening the type of job you're looking for and just get in with one of the big financial firms/banks with whatever position is available. Once you have your foot in the door, you can segue into your desired position.

We have lots of big banks with headquarters or divisions here:

Bank of America
Wachovia
Citi (Citibank, CitiCard, CitiStreet - though I think CitiStreet just closed?)
Wamu/Washington Mutual
Fidelity
Merrill Lynch
VyStar (small local credit union.....might be some opportunities here)

It's common for people in Jax to job-hop from bank to bank, by the way .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville