Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 03:31 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,488,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJCT View Post
No expertise in anything? Sorry, have we met? Don't assume anything. You have no idea what I have done for work in the past. It doesn't matter if I'm an expert in something or not. Just because your an expert at something doesn't mean you will make money. I know former VP's of companies and engineers who are "experts" in their fields and now they are janitors because they can't find work. Are they making the money that they want to make? You need to service the needs of the people in the area where you want to set up shop. That's why I asked the people of the area what there is a need for. If you don't have an answer then don't say anything.

I've have owned my own home building and remodeling business for over 10 years. I have made a GREAT living. I'm looking to get out of it and start a business or open a franchise in Florida.

I also recall not limiting my area to palm coast. I was told to post PC questions in the jax forum so that's what I did.
Why not stick with building and remodeling - or even home repairs in that case? That area of the economy may be making a comeback. And even if housing in general doesn't make a comeback - more people will be staying put and remodeling. And people always need home repairs/maintenance - especially older people who often can't DIY. The fellow who was the super on our job when we built our house lost his "job" when the builder he was working for went under during the bust. Now he does home repairs/improvements and maintenance. I can't tell you he makes a great living doing it - but he does ok.

FWIW - I would in general be very skeptical of franchises. Some people have made a fair amount of money with some. But - in general - the odds don't in general favor success. Robyn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2012, 06:58 PM

155 posts, read 349,003 times
What does PC need? Loaded question. Fewer thugs, more people with an income, more home buyers and not renters, fewer low income types coming here for the cheap rent, more responsible home owners who are careful about who they rent to and try to sell and not rent, a Greek restaurant, a Korean restaurant, a Pho place, a Whole Foods, fewer criminals, an Earth Fare, Traders Joes, Best Buy, Indian Restaurant, a real seafood restaurant, a seafood retail store that is not in the ghetto, a real gym, retail that is not mom and pop, high end restaurant that is not the Atlantic Grille, a wine bar, an Italian grocery, golf courses (we have very few), a concert venue, a safe place to play some billiards, an affordable marina and customer service. Palm Coast needs to grow up and be a real city. Like a lot of homeowners, I'm stuck here. Come on folks, at least do the basics, we could start with the irresponsible rental home owners, customer service and take it from there.

Last edited by season10; 09-19-2012 at 07:52 PM..

Old 09-19-2012, 09:28 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,508,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by season10 View Post
What does PC need? golf courses (we have very few)
There's more than a few golf courses in Palm Coast, there's 9 at least. Which is probably 4 or 5 more than a town that size really needs.
True some are private and/or resort courses but some are not, but I believe all but the Hammock Dunes courses are available for anyone to play on. (at least they used to be when I played there)

Grand Haven Golf Club - Resort
2001 Waterside Pkwy
Palm Coast, Florida 32137
( no ratings ) | Tee Times

Hammock Beach Resort - The Conservatory Course
300 Conservatory Drive
( 5 ratings ) | Tee Times

Hammock Beach Resort - The Ocean Course
105 16th Street
( 2 ratings ) | Tee Times

Palm Harbor Golf Club
Casper Dr Extension
Flagler County
( 8 ratings ) | Tee Times

Cypress Course at the Grand Club
53 E Hampton Blvd
Palm Coast, Florida 32164
Flagler County
( 3 ratings )

Hammock Dunes - Rees Jones Creek Course
301 Camino Del Mar
Flagler County
( one rating )

Hammock Dunes - Tom Fazio Links Course
301 Camino Del Mar
Flagler County
( one rating )

Matanzas Course at the Grand Club
398 Lakeview Blvd
( no ratings )

Pine Course at the Grand Club
400 Pine Lakes Pkwy
Palm Coast, Florida 32164
Flagler County
( 5 ratings )

Old 10-04-2012, 09:47 AM

Wow! You are out of date my friend. The Matanzas Course closed years ago. Grand Haven is private. The Hammock Courses do allow limited public play but it's $150-$200 per peron per round. We have played the Conservatory, not the Ocean Course. So that leaves Grand Club's 2 active courses (Cypress and Pine), Palm Harbor and Grand Reserve which you did not list. It's in Bunnell. I shot a 74 from the back tees there last weekend. Not bad for an old man. So, what we have here are 4 active courses and the Hammock courses. The Hammock courses are out of my ballpark at $150-$200 per round. You must not be a golfer. Try it, it's a wonderful sport. We need more open, affordable courses in the area.

Old 10-04-2012, 10:05 AM

Haven't been down to Palm Coast in 5 years or so, (preferred going to LPGA International for better courses and conditions) but last time there we played the Hammocks Ocean Course and shot a 68 from the tips and it only cost $75. And the list came off a Palm Coast Golf website. So like I said previously Palm Coast needs better and more accurate PR.
BTW ... I' had been playing golf for about 45 years and had a +1 hdcp, but no longer play due to my VA disability.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:34 AM

1,437 posts, read 2,572,193 times
Quote:
.... a seafood retail store that is not in the ghetto...
Palm Coast has a ghetto?

Old 10-21-2012, 05:58 AM

"Palm Coast has a ghetto?" The best seafood retailer in Palm Coast is in Bunnell. It is no longer $75 to play the Ocean Course. We played the The Grand Club Cypress Course this weekend. It was deserted except for us on a sunny Saturday afternoon at 2. Cart was in poor shape and the GPS for all carts has been disconnected. It is not looking for the new ownership of the Grand to make it. I notice all mention of Matanzas has been removed from the Grand website. It's not looking good for a reopening of Matanzas. The price I actually paid to play the Cypress was not as advertised on line. They upped the price quite a bit at the desk. When I asked why, I was told something about who knows, site needs updated. Well, they pulled the same scam 2 months ago. As I said, The Grand is not looking good. Poor marketing, no attempt to be competitive with the courses in Ormond, Palm Harbor and Grand Reserve. They insist on selling memberships. Good luck with that in 2012-13 in Palm Coast. Cypress will be closed by 2014 at this rate.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:58 AM

Oh man that sux! If I were in your plosition and still playing golf I would bite the bullet and drive down to Ormond Beach and play at the Riviera Country Club a short but challenging, fun golf course (last time there I shot a 64) with great rates! Check it out here ...
Riviera Country Club

Old 12-01-2012, 06:52 PM

25 posts, read 36,177 times
Quote:
What does PC need? Loaded question. Fewer thugs, more people with an income, more home buyers and not renters, fewer low income types coming here for the cheap rent, more responsible home owners who are careful about who they rent to and try to sell and not rent, a Greek restaurant, a Korean restaurant, a Pho place, a Whole Foods, fewer criminals, an Earth Fare, Traders Joes, Best Buy, Indian Restaurant, a real seafood restaurant, a seafood retail store that is not in the ghetto, a real gym, retail that is not mom and pop, high end restaurant that is not the Atlantic Grille, a wine bar, an Italian grocery, golf courses (we have very few), a concert venue, a safe place to play some billiards, an affordable marina and customer service. Palm Coast needs to grow up and be a real city. Like a lot of homeowners, I'm stuck here. Come on folks, at least do the basics, we could start with the irresponsible rental home owners, customer service and take it from there.
geez man you seem like the type that is never happy. a few things on your list i agree but not everthing is needed. to few golf courses how many do you wont there are pleanty here and what is a real gym anyway there are also several gyms in palm coast. Where are you getting your seafood that its in the ghetto where is the ghetto of palm coast? had fewer crimanials been here almost 6 years and i would definetly say that crime is not an issue here. also whats wrong with people renting a house?

Old 01-18-2013, 09:01 PM

2,223 posts, read 5,353,374 times
Better transportation services -- especially to Jacksonville and Daytona Beach Airports and a major company to relocate to the area to bring in new residents and tax revenue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville