Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 04:55 PM

3,237 posts, read 6,316,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
There you go, calling it a choice again.
People do not deserve or warrant special treatment if they **** the same sex as themselves

Choice or not...

I like really kinky hetero sex, am I now a protected class?

Oh, wait... I am a landlord, IE: a "job creator"

I rent to who I want, the FHA be damned, you want to rent my house, you step up with a solid job history, no criminal record and acceptable lifestyle

Old 08-22-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 912 View Post
Name six of them.
Name one of them

Old 08-22-2012, 06:13 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,703,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
People do not deserve or warrant special treatment if they **** the same sex as themselves

Choice or not...

I like really kinky hetero sex, am I now a protected class?

Oh, wait... I am a landlord, IE: a "job creator"

I rent to who I want, the FHA be damned, you want to rent my house, you step up with a solid job history, no criminal record and acceptable lifestyle
Guess what? Nobody is asking for the LGBT community to have special treatment. What they are asking for is protection from discrimination brought about because of their lifestyle. In other words, so that those landlords who do follow FHA regulations can't say "Hey, I'm not going to rent to you because of your sexual orientation." So that they won't be denied a job just because of their sexual orientation.

I really don't understand people being against any group having protection from discrimination. Unfortunately, such protection is needed for many social groups, and after reading your posts and those of 912, I'm starting to understand why. You've blatantly said you would discriminate against someone because of their lifestyle, and 912 refuses to carry on a straight-forward conversation about the topic without trying to twist everyone else's words to fit his viewpoint.

Old 08-22-2012, 06:59 PM

5,185 posts, read 7,563,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn55 View Post
What's all this talk about dirt bags in this thread? If I were a landlord - my dream tenant would be a gay guy/couple who loved to decorate (there are more than a few of them). Much better than your typical trashy tenant. Robyn
Well that's true the gay crowd is fluffy & colorful & I like that about them. It was one of the great things about five points & Riverside, I used to park my car in an alley between Post & College & my car NEVER was broken into, because gay have money, they don't have to break into cars for petty theif, heck id even leave the car door unlocked...never got bothered, Sure Riverside is not the land of milk & honey like Ponte Vedra but with a few more Jews moving in, it could be. Who knows.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Guess what? Nobody is asking for the LGBT community to have special treatment. What they are asking for is protection from discrimination brought about because of their lifestyle. In other words, so that those landlords who do follow FHA regulations can't say "Hey, I'm not going to rent to you because of your sexual orientation." So that they won't be denied a job just because of their sexual orientation.

I really don't understand people being against any group having protection from discrimination. Unfortunately, such protection is needed for many social groups, and after reading your posts and those of 912, I'm starting to understand why. You've blatantly said you would discriminate against someone because of their lifestyle, and 912 refuses to carry on a straight-forward conversation about the topic without trying to twist everyone else's words to fit his viewpoint.
This whole thread is about gays wanting special rights and privileges, so I dont know how you can say that.

And you know what, if a gay came up to me and wanted to rent my place and actually acted and talked normal (not flaming, lisping, dressed like a fruit with a rainbow tattoo), chances are I would rent to them.

But the few times I have had to deal with it, they threw it in my face, came with their "partner" or were so flaming that I was just so turned off, I told them to hit the ****ing bricks

Old 08-22-2012, 08:28 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,703,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynip View Post
This whole thread is about gays wanting special rights and privileges, so I dont know how you can say that.

And you know what, if a gay came up to me and wanted to rent my place and actually acted and talked normal (not flaming, lisping, dressed like a fruit with a rainbow tattoo), chances are I would rent to them.

But the few times I have had to deal with it, they threw it in my face, came with their "partner" or were so flaming that I was just so turned off, I told them to hit the ****ing bricks
This thread is about people wanting the Jacksonville City Council to add discrimination against the LGBT community to the human rights ordnance. From the article: "The city’s human rights ordinance already bans discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age or disability." All they wanted was to be included in those protected minorities. How is that a special right or privilege?

Old 08-22-2012, 11:27 PM

19 posts, read 41,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
1950s?? What's with buttholes like you trying to tell people how to think or feel? Let the leaders decide what's best for Duval County. No one is against gays, its a made up agenda that gets quite annoying sometimes.
And who are any of us to tell gays or anyone else how to live, think, etc. choice or not? Your most likely reply "Im landlord me make rule". We get it. What I gathered from your own words "we arent supposed to tell others how to live, think, feel, etc.".
Wouldnt it be nice if we were to all take our own advice?
But, if you choose to think and live that way, so be it. Its not my place to tell you otherwise.
I can understand where youre coming from if the gay happens to be very immature and seems to be unreliable as a tenant (Which Im sure happens with all walks of life). I dont feel it should be something thrown in your face upon denial of a job, living space, so on; unless it is felt to be the sole reason for the denial.

SN:
Not gay

Old 08-23-2012, 06:13 AM

702 posts, read 2,184,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 912 View Post
Name six of them.
Why? You did not "debate" anything I posted last time. That's how a debate works. The burden of proof is on you. Also, like I said in my previous post, I am not here to try to change your opinion or gain credibility from you. If you chose to live a life of blissful ignorance, that is on you. If you truly want to know any of this you would do your own research.

Old 08-23-2012, 07:52 AM

1,531 posts, read 3,098,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apanda View Post
Why? You did not "debate" anything I posted last time. That's how a debate works. The burden of proof is on you.
YOU are the one who stated that LGBT's do not have nearly the number of rights as others do. I stated they do have them. You disagreed. So I asked you to name six rights being denied to LGBT's. You can't, so you accuse me of not knowing how to debate & throw another mini tantrum.

It's not working, girlfriend. You're losing this battle.....

Old 08-23-2012, 07:03 PM

Quote:
This thread is about people wanting the Jacksonville City Council to add discrimination against the LGBT community to the human rights ordnance. From the article: "The city’s human rights ordinance already bans discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age or disability." All they wanted was to be included in those protected minorities. How is that a special right or privilege?
Because homosexuality is not a protected class federally.

Those other things you mentioned already are except marital status.

Being gay does not make you a minority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville