Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2007, 07:35 AM

29 posts, read 124,741 times

Advertisements

First of all thanks to all who answered my previous post about veternarians in the area. Now my problem is that I may have to take a trip out of the country in a couple of weeks for the military. I would be gone between two and three weeks. Can anyone reccomend a good pet boarding facility in Jacksonville, or at least tell me places to steer clear of. Thanks in advance.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2007, 07:51 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,136,261 times
I met the owner of the Barking Lot at a pet-related fundraiser recently and she really impressed me. A real dog lover and very enthusiastic about working with pets. She also has doggie day care, so your dog could get to know her ahead of time. The Barking Lot - Full Service Day Care for Dogs located in Jacksonville, Florida

Old 10-10-2007, 09:21 AM

95 posts, read 425,918 times
You might try Ark Animal hospital. 12585 Phillips Highway. 886-2751. Dr. Maxwell. I have 2 Yorkies and a Shi TZU. I am very happy with their care and service.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:48 AM

8,200 posts, read 35,348,999 times
I asked a friend recently where she boards her dogs and along with Barking Lot she mentioned Pet Paradise (the location up at the airport).

http://www.petparadiseresort.com/

As much as I love my vet, I won't board my dogs there because 1) no one is on site 24/7 and 2) there are no cameras.

I definitely want a place with cameras. Whether or not I check online while I'm away, just the idea that you can view your dog 24/7 online is a relief.

The last place we boarded did not give one of my dogs his vital medication along with a slew of other issues, so I'm looking for a new place too - let us know how it goes .

Old 10-10-2007, 10:38 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,020,118 times
I really like Ponte Vedra Animal hospital I have boarded with them many times
I have also used Coastal Animal Hospital on beach thats also where I take our puppy for boarding,
I can say either of these places your dogs would be in good hands
karla

Old 10-10-2007, 10:47 AM

19 posts, read 61,507 times
We no longer have a dog (sadly, she's been gone since January 2006 at almost 15 years old). When we did, we initially boarded her at the vet - ONCE. Big mistake. Locked up in a tiny, pet-store-like cage, all dark and cramped. Who knows how often she was fed, walked, etc.? She looked like the saddest dog in the whole world when we picked her up.

Anyway, One of my wife's coworkers recommended Julington Creek Animal Walk. We took her there once or twice a year between 2003 and 2006 whenever we were out of town (maybe 6 or 8 times for 5-10 days each time). They have dog pens that are fairly roomy and open to the outside. Each dog is kept separately (unless you have more than one dog and request they be boarded together). They are walked daily. There are different "programs" you can sign up your dog or cat for if you are into all that. They bathe the dogs/cats before they go home. Depending on what you are used to, it may be bit pricey - around $25/ day. We were very happy with the service at Julington Creek Animal Walk.

Old 10-10-2007, 01:40 PM

102 posts, read 549,660 times
Make sure you go check out where you decide on boarding your dog. They should be willing to give you a tour of their facilities to make sure you are ok with the place.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:13 PM

4,620 posts, read 14,921,386 times
My dog just spent the weekend at Pet Paradise at the airport. I was 100% happy as was he (well, to the extent that if he has to go on a "vacation" while we are away, he was happy, I think, with this particular accommodation :-) I also appreciated the facility tour I took prior to making a reservation. Every "room" has inside and outside space, and there are play yards including one with a pool if the dog likes to swim. They keep the large and small dogs separate. And if a dog is shy of other dogs, they don't force group play. They have webcams, but I didn't take a look. I paid $10 extra for one-on-one time, and I know our dog must have enjoyed that. Bottom line, I'll go back there.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:45 AM

10 posts, read 62,488 times
Hi there. We boarded our dog at Camp Bow Wow on Baymeadows and we thrilled with it. You can watch your dog on their webcam and the best thing is that your dog is not crated for the day. The site features open "playrooms" for the dogs to play in prior to being tucked into their own area at night. Prior to boarding (or doggie daycare), your dog must spend the day with them to make everyone gets along so take this into consideration. Our dog is really social and this was the best!

Here's the corporate website (that you can read about the philosophy and then access the Jacksonville site):
Dog Boarding, Pet Boarding from Campbowwowusa.com

Good luck!

Old 10-11-2007, 08:36 PM

2,679 posts, read 11,699,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbymetal View Post

Anyway, One of my wife's coworkers recommended Julington Creek Animal Walk. We took her there once or twice a year between 2003 and 2006 whenever we were out of town (maybe 6 or 8 times for 5-10 days each time). They have dog pens that are fairly roomy and open to the outside. Each dog is kept separately (unless you have more than one dog and request they be boarded together). They are walked daily. There are different "programs" you can sign up your dog or cat for if you are into all that. They bathe the dogs/cats before they go home. Depending on what you are used to, it may be bit pricey - around $25/ day. We were very happy with the service at Julington Creek Animal Walk.
That sounds like a good one.

This one does too.

Creature Comforts Pet Resort - Jacksonville, Florida

HOWEVER, are there any good ones in Orange Park?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville