Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2012, 01:43 PM

33 posts, read 45,945 times

Advertisements

My family is moving to Jacksonville from PA this summer. We have an 11 year old daughter who will be entering 7th grade this fall. Need to know good places to rent with good schools nearby. We dont bath a high budget, looking for a 2 bedroom 1.5+ townhouse/apartment home. Looking at something hopefully for around 550-750 a month. We can pay 7 months up front. Is this a realistic option for somewhere like Mandarin? What other places are in this range that are SAFE and have GOOD SCHOOLS.
thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2012, 02:52 PM

2,740 posts, read 5,505,718 times
you started a thread already.

//www.city-data.com/forum/jacks...0-renting.html

Old 12-12-2012, 12:10 PM

589 posts, read 850,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emzmom13 View Post
My family is moving to Jacksonville from PA this summer. We have an 11 year old daughter who will be entering 7th grade this fall. Need to know good places to rent with good schools nearby. We dont bath a high budget, looking for a 2 bedroom 1.5+ townhouse/apartment home. Looking at something hopefully for around 550-750 a month. We can pay 7 months up front. Is this a realistic option for somewhere like Mandarin? What other places are in this range that are SAFE and have GOOD SCHOOLS.
thanks in advance

Do you know how to use this sites search function?

This is exactly the type of question that has been asked and answered hundreds of times before. So I'm sure that you'll be able to find all the answers that you need, if you're willing to spend a few minutes looking.

Before everyone starts the "Jax is great, Jax sucks, Springfield is great, the Landing sucks" threads again, why don't you spend a little time doing some of your own research first?

If after having done that, you have any specific questions, I'm sure everyone will be glad to help.

Last edited by Nomad58; 12-12-2012 at 12:18 PM..

Old 12-17-2012, 07:19 AM

I dont understand why everyone else is getting responses. I have serious questions and the reason i keep asking is because i am getting no answers. obviously you people either are ignorant to my questions or really dont care to help. either way, you are right. i probably can get better answers on my own. i have done a lot of research but i thought having input from you people who supposively love and support jacksonville would be of some help. thanks anyway

Old 12-17-2012, 08:33 AM

448 posts, read 829,231 times
Quote:
thanks in advance

Quote:
I dont understand why everyone else is getting responses. I have serious questions and the reason i keep asking is because i am getting no answers. obviously you people either are ignorant to my questions or really dont care to help. either way, you are right. i probably can get better answers on my own. i have done a lot of research but i thought having input from you people who supposively love and support jacksonville would be of some help. thanks anyway
Yeah thats the way to get responses, insult the people you're asking!
Realistically a 2 bedroom 1.5+ townhouse/apartment home for around
$550-$750 is doable but just barely and it won't be in a great area.
And why would you pay 7 months up front? I don't know any landlords
that require that, Maybe you should up your budget slightley to $700-$900
and get a nicer place/location and not offer to pay 7 months in advance.
Just pay the first months rent and security deposit and bank the rest
for when/if you decide to buy. And fsquid is right you already had a
thread started on this subject with 2 pages of resposes.
Here's a link to it in case you forgot where it was.
//www.city-data.com/forum/jacks...0-renting.html

Old 12-18-2012, 08:03 AM

Thank you williamwebb49. I appreciate the response. We were going to pay 7 months up front because we are taking a chance moving there without jobs. I do have an income however. We wanted to secure a place to live and go from there. We do have family in the area, but she is younger without children and doesn't know much in regards to that. I didn't mean to insult anyone, it is just very frustrating when we cannot get down there to do much. We would like to live in the Mandarin area. Thanks again for responding and sorry again if I insulted anyone.

Old 12-19-2012, 02:03 PM

1,437 posts, read 2,572,193 times
For public schools being good, St Johns or Clay County( ranking 1st and 6th in the state respectively )... Clay County is probably a bit cheaper. There are quite a few townhouses in the Oakleaf area... Orange Park is suburban... Fleming Island is more gated community new suburbs and lots of townhomes as well...Middleburg is more county/"redneck" and there are some houses and trailers. we live in Middleburg in a nice neighborhood of 1+ acre lots without trailers... look at the neighborhood to be sure if your like it. My kids are 7th and 10th grade and they are at Wilkinson Jr HS and Middleburg HS in advanced classes and doing well. When we lived in Jax/Duval we had them at Episcopal Day school and Catholic school, they were a bit ahead with that being said the Clay County schools are pretty good and we have been pleased so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville