Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2012, 12:43 PM

6 posts, read 9,531 times

Advertisements

i am in Maryland looking to purchase a condo in the Jacksonville area. I would like to purchase something without getting into a mortgage, and found some wonderful deals on some condos in Baymeadows, Las Palmas.... My son who lives in Atlantic Beach drove through the neighborhood for me yesterday and said it looked fairly ethnically mixed, and age range mixed. The cars in the parking lots looked new models and no beat up clunkers. it did back to a golf course, but the golf course looked old and unmaintained, He thought it looked nice, older but nice.

However the couple of places listed have been on the market for quite sometime, so it leads me to wonder, what is wrong. Is it the area, or the condos.

Can anyone give me a run down on the neighborhood? Is it a bad area? nice during the day, stay inside at night? thoughts?

thanks so much for anyone who responds time!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 01:57 PM

3,863 posts, read 9,512,329 times
Baymeadows ... not a great area but not the worst either. The further east you get from I-95, or west of US1/Philips Hwy the better it gets.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:40 PM

725 posts, read 2,572,053 times
My aunt lived in the condos near where you are talking about, Los Robles court, very close to Las Palmas. This was a while ago but she loved living there. She lived there for many years. The golf course got ratty because a developer was going to put up new condos but the residents voted it down due to projected increase in traffic. Now the golf areas are just growing wild (which pleased my aunt because she was a birdwatcher). The area in front of the condos has apartments that are getting pretty old. Some of the people there are of the shady sort. Not safe at night. The condo area seemed safe at night. I was never concerned coming and going at night. What's wrong with the area? -the apartments in front of the condo area and the fact that a developer owns the land around the condos and I guess he's still trying to unload it since he can't build new condos. They probably won't do improvements. The area, like the grocery stores and shopping are good in that area.

Old 03-18-2012, 08:43 PM

What's your price range? What part of Maryland are you from?

Old 03-18-2012, 09:32 PM

6 posts, read 9,531 times
Thank you both for your responses!! It really has helped me.

I'm just west of Baltimore about 40 miles. I am from Brooklyn, NY originally, moved here to get away from city to raise my kids way back when... but now I want my dream to go to Florida. I was meant for sun, and heat and most importantly NO SNOW!

I have plenty of time to watch market for a deal, and would really like to be in the zips like 32224, 32250, 32266 or 32233, but saw these bargins over in 32256 so wondered why...seemed very central to beaches and downtown.

As I am trying to do this without a mortgage, i want to stay under 60k, but i have several specifications that i am looking for as well. at lease 3/2, preferably condo living but with no one under of above me...so i will see. I will keep these in the running, but continue to look as well. As they have been on the market SEVERAL months already, i think i can keep my options open for a little bit

Old 03-19-2012, 02:33 PM

I'm from south of Baltimore, Havre de Grace. There are plenty of houses in my neighborhood sitting on the market for a year or more and sold for a completely depressed price but they were actually beautiful homes with nothing wrong with them. The only consolation of selling so low is knowing that you will hopefully be buying low but its not always the case of course. Well good luck with your looking.

Old 02-16-2013, 05:36 PM

107 posts, read 220,837 times
I wonder did the original poster ever buy in the baymeadows/deerwoord area? I am looking to rent there and have heard the same reviews that are posted here.

Old 02-16-2013, 06:19 PM

Not sure. The area is still the same as posted. heh.. Jetsfan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville