Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2013, 07:56 PM

2 posts, read 8,036 times

Advertisements

We have 3 kids age 8 to 12 and would love to have a big lot to plant a few fruit trees and a vegetable garden. We loved the Quail Ridge Farms equestrian gated Community in Ponte vedra,but we worry that the kids wont have anyone to play with or much to do there.We visited Coastal oaks in Nocatee and liked that there's lots of kids and nice amenities, but hated the small lots and all the restrictions.Any thoughts ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2013, 09:19 PM

219 posts, read 508,950 times
We looked at Quail Ridge as well. If I had my way, we would've bought in Quail Ridge. I would've liked more land, fewer neighbors, and we have no kids to take advantage of the Nocatee amenities that we are paying for. With 8-12 year olds I think Nocatee might be more their speed. Not only is Quail Ridge a fairly small subdivision, it's also kind of locked in. You have the 40 or so homes back there but even if your kids wanted to ride their bikes to a friend's house 200 yards away in Walden Chase they would need to go out to Hwy 1. Nocatee certainly seems to be kid-central.

Old 03-24-2013, 02:51 PM

7 posts, read 15,364 times
Default Coastal Oaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandraligia View Post
We have 3 kids age 8 to 12 and would love to have a big lot to plant a few fruit trees and a vegetable garden. We loved the Quail Ridge Farms equestrian gated Community in Ponte vedra,but we worry that the kids wont have anyone to play with or much to do there.We visited Coastal oaks in Nocatee and liked that there's lots of kids and nice amenities, but hated the small lots and all the restrictions.Any thoughts ?
The following has happened to my home: 1) Cant find HOI coverage for my home or can my lender. I have no HOI coverage since St Johns dropped me in 1/13 2) A few of the 30 year roof shingles that were installed have buckled and delaminated then blew off the roof a few weeks ago. 5) Fixtures inside the home are rusting. 6) Rust is bleeding through the exterior stucco walls 7) Most all of the exterior stucco is now severly cracked and delaminating. 8) While in bed early one morning a few weeks ago when we had the hard freeze my wife and I heard a loud cracking noise. It was to dark it investigate. When we woke up I walked over to the wall in our bay window inside my bedroom (where the noise came from) and found a large three foot crack in the dry wall wide enough to slide a credit card through. We also noticed that a few of the dry wall studs have poped. If thats not enough I discovered a number of homes in my neighborhood where the stucco is not just delaminating and cracking but exterior walls are crumbling!!

Old 03-24-2013, 09:07 PM

2 posts, read 8,036 times
Thanks for your reply,Lilmikey!

Old 03-25-2013, 10:51 AM

285 posts, read 605,175 times
You can find lots big enough for a vegetable garden in many of the St. Johns communities, especially Durbin Crossing North, with is packed with kids!

Old 03-31-2013, 02:37 PM

6 posts, read 17,172 times
Default Coastal Oaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandraligia View Post
We baught in Coastal Oaks and we have the following issues with our new home and no warranty
foundaion damage
Foundation leak
Exterior stucco walls crumbling
Mold behind the walls
leaking windows
pool sinking bull nose coming off the pool
No homeowners insurance because of construction defects

Old 02-15-2016, 09:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,793 times
I'm in shock, but extremely afraid after reading these posts. We will be building in Nocatee with construction starting in about 3 weeks. I'd never guessed that these nice homes would have such concerning issues. I'm building in the Palms. Any comments???

Old 02-16-2016, 09:01 PM

145 posts, read 224,111 times
It is always smart to higher your own inspector and have him/her involved from the very beginning. They will walk through the house at several stages of construction and point out any areas that the builder should fix. If you search this forum, you will find recommendations for home inspectors.

Old 02-18-2016, 06:53 AM

14,617 posts, read 21,434,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunderhill123 View Post
We baught in Coastal Oaks and we have the following issues with our new home and no warranty
foundaion damage
Foundation leak
Exterior stucco walls crumbling
Mold behind the walls
leaking windows
pool sinking bull nose coming off the pool
No homeowners insurance because of construction defects
Why do you think you don't have a warranty? Remember that in addition to any express warranties your builder gave you (which might only be for a year) - there are various implied warranties under Florida law for longer periods of time. Robyn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville