Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 10:00 AM

16 posts, read 17,384 times

Advertisements

We are moving to Jacksonville in May and are looking at purchasing an inventory home in Palencia. My husband is in town this week and wants to speak with a pool builder in regards to placement of a pool on this lot. We just want to make sure we have room for a pool given the rear setback line is 10 feet inside the property line. Can anyone recommend a reputable builder to speak with? Many thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2016, 03:59 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,504,737 times
Innovative Pools. We're currently mid-install. Very happy with them, so far. They came by referral from several friends.

Welcome to Innovative Pools

Old 02-15-2016, 05:20 PM

14,617 posts, read 21,499,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammycav View Post
We are moving to Jacksonville in May and are looking at purchasing an inventory home in Palencia. My husband is in town this week and wants to speak with a pool builder in regards to placement of a pool on this lot. We just want to make sure we have room for a pool given the rear setback line is 10 feet inside the property line. Can anyone recommend a reputable builder to speak with? Many thanks in advance!
Is that 10 foot setback in terms of another neighbor - or wetlands? We used to have 10' setback in terms of wetlands in SJC - but I think it's 25' today. Make sure what you're getting into. Robyn

Old 02-16-2016, 04:45 AM

227 posts, read 391,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricBoyd View Post
Innovative Pools. We're currently mid-install. Very happy with them, so far. They came by referral from several friends.

Welcome to Innovative Pools
We interviewed several companies last summer, and while we ultimately decided not to move forward with the pool, Innovative was our top choice.

Old 02-16-2016, 11:20 AM

103 posts, read 188,089 times
John Clarkson or Eagle seems to be two of the more common companies who put many pools in Palencia homes. I think they may be fairly high end but people seem happy. If you are looking at a spec from DH go over it with a fine tooth comb especially the drywall. Good luck, you'll love Palencia.

Old 02-16-2016, 05:25 PM

Thanks for the referral for Innovative, I will have my husband pay them a visit. We saw another potential future neighbor used Parker Pools, any thoughts on them? Robyn, the property backs up to a pretty deep preserve and on the other side of the preserve is golf course. Beer234, the spec is with Standard Pacific. We love Palencia already, my husband takes a drive thru there every time he is in town (which is every other week) and puts me on Skype. Our only concern is he rarely sees kids outside playing. It could just be the time of day, which is usually after work around 6, so maybe kids are at sports practice or dinner/homework. We have twin 9 year olds who practically live in our cul-de-sac (here in Texas) playing football, basketball, kickball...basically anything they can throw or kick around. We haven't really seen that, but were happy to see the huge conglomeration of kiddos at the soccer and baseball fields by the school in the evening.

Old 02-16-2016, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the referral for Innovative, I will have my husband pay them a visit.
I suggest contacting them via their website. AFAIK, they do not have a storefront office. The owner, Troy, will likely want to meet at the homesite.

Old 02-16-2016, 07:24 PM

103 posts, read 139,845 times
Quote:
Our only concern is he rarely sees kids outside playing. It could just be the time of day, which is usually after work around 6, so maybe kids are at sports practice or dinner/homework. We have twin 9 year olds who practically live in our cul-de-sac (here in Texas) playing football, basketball, kickball...basically anything they can throw or kick around. We haven't really seen that, but were happy to see the huge conglomeration of kiddos at the soccer and baseball fields by the school in the evening.

We recently purchased a resale in Palencia and have found the neighborhood to be much more diverse in age than where we had previously lived. We too lived on a cul de sac and our front door was revolving with kiddos. Not at all the case on our street now, but there ARE kids in the neighborhood. The neighborhood is quite large so they may just not be right next door. Generally I have found the older the home, the more likely the original owner whose kids may be older or grown. Much of the newer construction has attracted families with school age kids. I have a 9 year old and a 6 year old and we live in one of the first phases so our home is 13+ yrs old. We've just had to make more of an effort to get out and meet people. It's been a HUGE adjustment for my daughter who was used to walking out the door and having and instant playmate. But you will meet people, especially at the many parks and neighborhood activities. Welcome.

Old 02-17-2016, 07:20 AM

Thanks for the advice on Innovative, Eric. Are you in Palencia? Sunlover23, my 9yo's are boy/girl twins. My daughter is pretty sporty so holds her own with the plethora of boys on the cul-de-sac, but her bestie lives two doors away so you can imagine the angst associated with this move. I imagine this is going to be quite the adjustment for both of them. Since we are moving the first week of June they won't have the advantage meeting friends at school. It sounds like Palencia has activities for the kids in the Summer? Of course there are the pools, but I work from home so can't just send them to the pools alone. She is also on a competitive cheer team hear in Texas so thinking of enrolling her in tumbling at Zone cheer on Hwy 1. You mention the newer the construction, the more school age kids, hoping that is the case on the street we are looking at, but so far have only seen little ones that I would guess are about 5, learning to ride their bikes. Thanks to those in Palencia, I am like a sponge trying to find out more about the neighborhood. It's tough to make such an important decision about what neighborhood we are going to call home, when you are looking through a computer in Texas.

Old 02-17-2016, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the advice on Innovative, Eric. Are you in Palencia?
No, I live in the Mandarin area of Duval County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: