Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 07:55 PM

285 posts, read 606,182 times

Advertisements

Make sure you check out Dreamfinders homes in Aberdeen. They have several floorplans with 4 bedrooms that start in the $180's. The Fleming II with bonus is a fantastic floorplan, you can have up to 6 bedrooms in it, starting at $215K!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 05:50 AM

199 posts, read 468,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTimeBuyerinJax View Post
Thanks for the encouragement. We didn't realize $225k is a modest budget. Doesn't sound very modest to us lol.
That's because I used the wrong word. What I meant to say was that is a considerable budget for a first time home buyer. That really changes the meaning doesn't it.

Quote:
We know a lot of people who majorly over extended themselves and became house poor. We don't want to go down that road.

I guess right now it's a toss up. Try to do new construction or wait around and hope that some better houses come onto the market soon in our price range.

As far as building goes, I know the quality of construction can be pretty shoddy. I know when my friends built (with KB Homes), the switch plates weren't even straight. How difficult is it to get them to fix things if they aren't done correctly?

Old 03-25-2013, 07:43 AM

9 posts, read 12,094 times
If you have patience and do your homework you WILL find the perfect house for you. There are many options depending on what area you are looking to move to.

There are many new communities and construction going on it just depends on exactly where in St. Johns County you feel comfortable and what your travel needs are. THere is new constuction going on in Yellow Bluff Landing from the 140's and up, Victoria Lakes from the 140's Bainebridge Estates from the 120s, Dunn Creek Plantation from the $160's Barington Cove, Pickets Cove from the $110's, Waterbrook Falls from the $150's and Trout River Bluff from the $130's. Be sure to research the different areas to know what the CDD fees and visit them to make sure they are a fit for you and your family.

Old 03-25-2013, 03:47 PM

222 posts, read 425,551 times
While it is true that there are many new communities and lots of new construction, I don't believe any of the communities you have referenced are in St. Johns Cty which is where the OP has stated he/she would like to move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketingGal View Post
If you have patience and do your homework you WILL find the perfect house for you. There are many options depending on what area you are looking to move to.

There are many new communities and construction going on it just depends on exactly where in St. Johns County you feel comfortable and what your travel needs are. THere is new constuction going on in Yellow Bluff Landing from the 140's and up, Victoria Lakes from the 140's Bainebridge Estates from the 120s, Dunn Creek Plantation from the $160's Barington Cove, Pickets Cove from the $110's, Waterbrook Falls from the $150's and Trout River Bluff from the $130's. Be sure to research the different areas to know what the CDD fees and visit them to make sure they are a fit for you and your family.

Old 03-25-2013, 04:12 PM

Aberdeen is in St Johns County.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:15 PM

222 posts, read 425,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon4426 View Post
Aberdeen is in St Johns County.
Yes it is. My reply was to MarketingGal who had suggested several communities, but none in St. Johns.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbean1234 View Post
Yes it is. My reply was to MarketingGal who had suggested several communities, but none in St. Johns.
I figured . I just wanted to make it clear for the OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville