Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 04:31 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,116,442 times

Advertisements

riveree or apvbguy
Doesn't marsh Landing have water access? I would think since they are right on the intercostal?
But then again lol ......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2007, 06:54 AM

2,689 posts, read 3,965,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
riveree or apvbguy
Doesn't marsh Landing have water access? I would think since they are right on the intercostal?
But then again lol ......
I am not too familiar with marsh landing, I have seen some small boats coming and going from there but I don't think the access for larger boats is good from there, marsh is the operative word, some of the homes are on the marsh but it is probably too shallow for boats

Old 10-31-2007, 11:37 AM

8,200 posts, read 35,456,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
I am not too familiar with marsh landing, I have seen some small boats coming and going from there but I don't think the access for larger boats is good from there, marsh is the operative word, some of the homes are on the marsh but it is probably too shallow for boats
That's what I thought too, but not 100% sure. That's why Queen's Harbour makes the distinction of being a "yacht club" (real water access). Epping Forest is another "yacht club", but I don't know of too many others east of the river?

Old 10-31-2007, 12:01 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,965,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riveree View Post
That's what I thought too, but not 100% sure. That's why Queen's Harbour makes the distinction of being a "yacht club" (real water access). Epping Forest is another "yacht club", but I don't know of too many others east of the river?
there's pablo creek and the place on the west side of beach under the bridge

Old 10-31-2007, 01:15 PM
rtt

302 posts, read 812,772 times
Don't overlook Jacksonville Country Day School in the Baymeadows area. it has an excellent reputation.

Old 10-31-2007, 03:20 PM

22 posts, read 114,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtt View Post
Don't overlook Jacksonville Country Day School in the Baymeadows area. it has an excellent reputation.
I just read parents reviews about Jacksonville Country Day School from greatschool.net and sounds like they have very good lower school program but the upper grades program is weak.

My boy is only 3 but I am try not to move him again. I heard a lot of good thing about Accotink Academy but they have Pre-K to 2nd grade only.
I don't want to change his school again and again.

Old 10-31-2007, 03:28 PM
rtt

302 posts, read 812,772 times
There are very few schools that are k-12. Maybe ?? st. johns country day , Providence and Bolles. Can't think of any others.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:24 PM

22 posts, read 114,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
I hope you will also check out Hendricks Day School. It's located on the southside and I can't say enough good things about it.

Welcome to Hendricks Day School (http://www.hmds.net/new/mainframe.asp - broken link)

also, take the time to go to the greastschools site. Lots of good info on all the schools there- public and private.

Hendricks Day School seems very nice!
I am going to call them tomorrow and find out what's the process and how the transition to upper school.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:51 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,210,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcromer View Post
Hendricks Day School seems very nice!
I am going to call them tomorrow and find out what's the process and how the transition to upper school.
I'm glad that you looked into it. The 8th graders are courted by many of the other best schools, including Providence and Bolles.

They recently had a major donation and chose to invest in technology. They now have the best in the county, public or private. They even have 21 laptops that they use in the elementary school.

The parents are very involved, something that every successful school needs, and the PTA really make all parents feel that they are welcomed to participate. Lots going on for a smaller school. And there is bus service from Mandarin, the beach and Deerwood.

Very responsive administration and teachers that seem to really know and care about each child. When I asked my kids which teacher they liked best, they rattled off four! And when I asked my son if their lunches were good, he replied, "Miss Faye can't cook a bad meal" -LOL

What most impresses me is their motto- "Teaching how to think, not what to think." They just aren't words on paper and it shows.

Old 11-02-2007, 04:35 PM

1,641 posts, read 5,024,764 times
riveree, just a thought, if they enrolled kids in St. Johns CDS, maybe a home on Doctors Lake might be interesting. I haven't checked out what homes are going for over there, but I know you can get nice homes on the river for $1MM since I showed some recently.
Another thought, Hendricks day school could offer up opportunities for riverfront.
hcromer - You should check with your REALTOR to discuss your pricing options. I used to work for AT&T (the universal card division), but I don't know where your office will be located, that certainly could be a factor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville