Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 01:11 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

I have noticed over the past couple weeks that we have so many new folks on the Jacksonville thread.
Welcome to all of you

If you want take a moment and introduce yourself, you don't have to give any personal information maybe just mention the area you live.

I will start

Well no guess as to what my name is
I am married
I live around the 9A/Baymeadows area. After 30 years in the finance/credit industry I am now a SAHM to our 3 dogs.

I do a lot of volunteering
Gardening is a big part of my life,anyone need any basil

Some of my other interests are reading, scuba diving oh yeah did I mention volunteering

It is a known fact that I love pizza

Some of my other favorite forums here on City-Data are
Business & finance
Health & wellness daily journal
Mortgages
Other topics

So anyone else want to play

karla

Last edited by FLPL75; 10-29-2007 at 01:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2007, 02:05 PM

1,641 posts, read 5,025,755 times
My name is Karen, I just recently joined. I live in the Mandarin area, where I've lived since 1991 except for 3 years in Tampa florida between 2001 - 2004. I have 3 dogs that I love - two shar peis and one maltese, three cats - two bengals and a black something, a very ornery black-throat monitor, a dove and a thoroughbred horse (well it's actually my roommate's.).
I spent 15 years in IT in telecom and banking, and became a REALTOR about 1 1/2 years ago (yup - I caused the market to crash.)
I love to cook, and to sail, or any boating really.

Old 10-29-2007, 05:07 PM

40 posts, read 111,003 times
I'm going to move to the area in about 3-4 weeks, and will live in the IntraCoastal West area. I work in the financial industry, and am relocating for work.
I like the outdoors, hiking, biking and the beach! I am looking forward to my new digs in FL, and have really appreciated the feedback folks on here have given me about the city.
Still looking for a great sushi spot, but I've read all about the pizza patrol---so I think I can locate a good spot for a 'pie'.

Old 10-29-2007, 07:07 PM

472 posts, read 1,544,607 times
Hi, im Victor, and I'm 21. I moved to Jax from New Orleans in 2005. I live in the Intracoastal area (Hodges & JTB to be exact). I attend college full-time and work for Wachovia Bank full-time.

I enjoy discovering new facts, and things, and eateries, and shopping places, etc..

And because it never fails that people ask me, yes, I did move because of Hurricane Katrina. Here are some pics. Great to meet all of you!

Going back to my apartment on Lake Pontchartrain:

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/4730/07sv0.jpg (broken link)

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/6729/24gy2.jpg (broken link)

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/3720/33zj7.jpg (broken link)

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/6695/34cl3.jpg (broken link)

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/5279/40ll6.jpg (broken link)

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5301/41bc4.jpg (broken link)

Old 10-30-2007, 04:39 AM

nice to meet you all
thanks for telling us a little about yourself

amazing photos gradco I was in New Orleans the year before Katrina , your city welcomed us with kindness so I am glad we can welcome you

ahem where are the "old timers"

karla

Old 10-30-2007, 06:44 AM

156 posts, read 711,172 times
Default Sort of newcomer

My name is Theresa, I have three daughters (as my name says), and just relocated to the World Golf Village area in Sept after two years in South Florida, and the rest of my life on Long Island in New York. So far, I love the area and am looking forward to all of the building expected in the near future. They just started on the CVS at the end of our development, yay!!!
But have learned so much from this site, thanks!!! I'm still looking for a great dance studio for my girls that's not too far away!! They are 5/9/11 yrs old.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:34 AM

1,658 posts, read 4,736,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmy3grls View Post
My name is Theresa, I have three daughters (as my name says), and just relocated to the World Golf Village area in Sept after two years in South Florida, and the rest of my life on Long Island in New York. So far, I love the area and am looking forward to all of the building expected in the near future. They just started on the CVS at the end of our development, yay!!!
But have learned so much from this site, thanks!!! I'm still looking for a great dance studio for my girls that's not too far away!! They are 5/9/11 yrs old.
Here's someone else that loves the World Golf Village area. Former New Yorker, from the burbs. Never liked living within city limits (or even close). Decided on St. Johns county 1-1/2 years ago. St. Johns county is the greatest!

lvmy3grls, don't know much about it but there is a dance studio a few doors down from Publix.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:56 AM

4,620 posts, read 14,989,061 times
I'm Sue, 52, live in Eagle Harbor, originally from Massachusetts, then Wisconsin, then Pennsylvania, and now Florida as of last June (thus my moniker mawipafl -- ma-wi-pa-fl). Husband's job (railroad industry) afforded us all the moves. Have an 18-year-old daughter - freshman at FCCJ concentrating in musical theater. Other "kids" are a bichon/Wheaten mix, 3 cats, two aquariums (currently with 2 pond fish and a betta), and lots of anoles and treefrogs that think inside my house is the place to be. I like to cook, read, knit, sew, garden (with my brown thumb unfortunately), dabble in interior design, and love theater (both from the audience and in the wings - more so the latter actually as I've enjoyed being a stage manager, propmaster, technical director, and I'm currently trying my hand at set design at OPCT.) I like to ride my 40-year-old fire engine red 2-speed Schwinn. I enjoy tent camping and travel (although I'm limited to places that don't require an airplane since I don't fly anymore.) I don't like politics nor the Fair Tax bill and I can be too vocal about both because I tend to talk too much. In the days of Basic and double floppies I was a computer whiz, but I've let technology fly by me so that today I'm computer-challenged. I do find computering more useful than frustrating since it helps me accomplish my passion of genealogy and writing. And if it weren't for the 'net, I would never have found such fantastic Jacksonville folks!

Old 10-30-2007, 10:31 AM

mawipafl
lol I was wondering what your log in stood for.
It is so nice to see everyone posting
"gold stars" for y'all

karla

Old 10-30-2007, 02:09 PM

60 posts, read 314,106 times
Here's a check-in from a recent "newbie". My real name is Jim (I feel like this is a 12 step program - "Hi, Jim"). I lived in southwestern PA my whole life until July 2006 when I moved down here with the family. I am 41 with a wife and two boys (8 & 6).

Work moved me to Florida. I am an accountant for a comapny based out of Pittsburgh with a division here in Jax. One day, my boss came to me and said "Would you consider a move to Jacksonville?" My reply, "Uhhhh...let me talk to my wife." Although we left family behind, we have loved the Jacksonville area and don't plan on moving back north anytime soon.

We purchased our home in Oakleaf Plantation because it offerred us a good combination of affordability, good schools (especially considering the district we left), great amenities and a vibrant up and coming area. It is exciting to see all of the new schools, shops, restaurants, etc popping up all around us!

Of course, we love the Steelers! And, to ruffle a few of mawipafl's feathers, something like the Fair Tax (while it has no chance of ever passing) is exactly what we need!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville