Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 03:25 PM

52 posts, read 199,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post
Here are some pictures of the home David Weekley Homes built for me at the beach with their Build On Your Lot program. They can build any model from anywhere in the country, and it bears noting we made some huge, substantial changes to the original plans. This is a heavily modified "Evandale" which is their model home in Rivertown.

Beautiful home... I am building the Evandale at Rivertown and I can't wait!! Congratulations!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 03:56 PM

66 posts, read 117,908 times
Ohhhh bummer!! Now where can I get one of those bargain lots?

Old 04-15-2013, 04:43 PM

227 posts, read 391,114 times
Beautiful!

Old 04-16-2013, 02:24 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,245,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbean1234 View Post
Ouch. At least you can recover from the comfort of your beautiful home. Congratulations!
Well fortunately, I do not buy real estate as an investment. I bought it with the full intention of building a house to live in on it. Right after I bought it though, the housing market crash took my company down with it, and it's taken me this long to be able to afford to build the house now.

I'm sure it'll recover eventually, but even if it didn't, I'd still be happy living right where I am.

Old 05-05-2013, 11:05 AM

70 posts, read 163,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post
Here are some pictures of the home David Weekley Homes built for me at the beach with their Build On Your Lot program. They can build any model from anywhere in the country, and it bears noting we made some huge, substantial changes to the original plans. This is a heavily modified "Evandale" which is their model home in Rivertown.
hi looking at david weekly in nocatee!!! i guess you highly recommend them?? any advice you can give will be greatly appreciated looking for a 4 bedroom all on 1 floor w a bonus room w bath on 2nd floor..2500-3000 sq ft..thanks!!..p.s. you have a beautiful home!!

Old 05-05-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by williebear12 View Post
hi looking at david weekly in nocatee!!! i guess you highly recommend them?? any advice you can give will be greatly appreciated looking for a 4 bedroom all on 1 floor w a bonus room w bath on 2nd floor..2500-3000 sq ft..thanks!!..p.s. you have a beautiful home!!
We're building the Orchid with them in Greenleaf right now, which would mostly fit your criteria. I think it would be bigger than what you're asking for once you include the bonus, though. I believe there will be one more Orchid going up on a 60' lot, we got one of the last two and I don't think the other has sold. They're close to building out on the 60' lots and will move to the next phase which is 80' and if I had to guess prices will rise accordingly. We also were told that the Orchid will not be built in the last phase and we fell in love with that floor plan.

So far all we have is a patch of sand with a portajohn on it (last week's awful weather delayed our start), but so far we've been very pleased.

Old 05-05-2013, 03:21 PM

70 posts, read 163,658 times
Great!! They seem to be a very good builder...did u guys consider durbin crossing if so what was your deciding factor? ...i dont think d.weekly is in durbin...

Old 05-05-2013, 04:40 PM

Two things: location and sense of community. I'm putting on my fireproof suit for both.

We weren't willing to give up the proximity to Jax (for work/shopping) without gaining proximity to the beach and St. Augustine. We find ourselves in SA a LOT, and might consider living there except that my husband works west of downtown and Nocatee and Durbin are plenty far, thankyouverymuch. I know there are plenty of people who live in Durbin and love it, but for us we needed the give and take-give up being right in Jax and having everything convenient, take being able to hit the beach or go for dinner in SA on Saturday night without giving it a second thought.

As far as sense of community, I would have loved to look in Springfield or Riverside, but my husband is a car guy and a 3 car garage requirement priced us right out of those neighborhoods due to lot size. If we could afford to buy two lots, and do a tear down/rebuild we would have been golden, but the fact is we can't. When we drove around Durbin, we didn't see people out chatting in driveways, kids riding bikes, etc. When we drive around Nocatee, we do. And the community as a whole seems to do a great job of organizing activities. I know we'll never get that same sense of living in a city neighborhood in the burbs, but the fact is we need to either be in the burbs or the sticks, and I'm not living in the sticks. Nocatee seems like a very fair compromise in our price range. Although he did find some lovely beachfront properties with 5 car plus garages, lol.

Your mileage may vary, batteries not included, accessories sold separately, etc.....

Last edited by mspink; 05-05-2013 at 04:48 PM..

Old 05-05-2013, 04:41 PM

PS, sorry for the thread hijack, Shaken.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:12 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,245,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lspinkrose View Post
Beautiful home... I am building the Evandale at Rivertown and I can't wait!! Congratulations!!!
If you look closely, you'll see ours is an Evandale model. We eliminated the garage and turned it into a rec room, and then brought the front porch all the way across. Then we had them put the "Finnigan" (the model home in Willowcove) kitchen in, and turned the backpack area into a work desk area. We made a lot of other modifications as well, so a regular Evandale would cost a lot less than we paid. Oh, and I used the Nichiha lap siding, which is superior to the Hardie lap, and far superior to a stucco home, especially that close to the beach. There's a name for our model now but I can't remember what it's called. We built on our own lot so I'm not sure if you could do those kind of modifications in Rivertown.

We fell in love with the model home out there as well, which is why we picked that plan to modify.

The only drawback to this house is the very small 2 front bedroom. But, we got the bonus room, and extra bedroom and bathroom upstairs, plus closing in the garage, so technically we could make this a 7 bedroom house if we wanted (cutting the rec room in half).

Good Luck in your new house! DW Homes are the best in Rivertown and Nocatee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville