Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2007, 09:17 PM

22 posts, read 114,303 times

Advertisements

I am working mom, meaning I have a full time job and I have a toddler and a busy husband.
Currently I am in New York, 90 minutes away from Manhattan, but we will completely move to Jacksonville in a couple of months.
In New York, I belong to mommy group and we do a lot of things together, share experiences, and support each other. We've been making such a great relationship.

Hope I can make the same connection with Jacksonville moms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2007, 09:39 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,205,511 times
This is a good site: Meetup: World's largest community of local Meetups, clubs and groups!

Old 10-30-2007, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post

Thanks HIF!
You have such a great resource!
Meetup is the place I met all working moms.
For some reason, there is no working moms group in Jacksonville.

Maybe I should start it...

Old 10-31-2007, 05:09 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,205,511 times
Yes, that's a great idea. My kids are school age, but if it's for all working moms, I'll join!

I was looking for a multi-cultural meetup, but there wasn't one. I tried to start it, but had very little response. So instead I got involved in OneJax. Not quite the same, but it's a good group.

Old 10-31-2007, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
Yes, that's a great idea. My kids are school age, but if it's for all working moms, I'll join!

I was looking for a multi-cultural meetup, but there wasn't one. I tried to start it, but had very little response. So instead I got involved in OneJax. Not quite the same, but it's a good group.
Once I move to Jacksonville and settled, I will start the group for working moms in Jacksonville.
Of course, you will get my invitation for the group.
I did it in New York Dutchess county, I made such a great group of friends.

Old 12-02-2007, 06:39 PM

4 posts, read 16,992 times
Default Are you in Jax yet?

Just wondering if you were in Jax yet and if you would be starting the working moms group? I'd like to be involved if you are. I am not sure what side of town you'll be working or where you'll be living at. Would like to hear from you. Thanks.

Old 12-02-2007, 07:19 PM

Hi tlay74,

I haven't moved yet but I will move there around January. Because of my son's school, my moving has been push back.
We got the house in St.Johns county and my office will be in downtown.
My husband is there already and I go there every weekend.
Believe me..I will start the group soon...I will send you an invitation as soon as I start the group.

Where do you work and where do you live?

Old 12-17-2007, 06:40 PM

This is great. I live in St. Johns County off of 210 West. My husband took a job teaching at the high school about 3 years ago which brought us to this side of town. We are from Jacksonville. So, I am very familiar with all areas. My office is also downtown on Riverside Avenue. The commute is a breeze. I am looking forward to meeting you once you get settled. It sounds like it will be easy for us to meet up given our locale. My little one will be 3 in May and I will be 34 in January. So - I am really looking forward to meeting some other working mothers around the same age, same interests. It's very difficult because there are so many SAHM's in this area.

Old 01-01-2008, 04:54 PM

hi tlay74,

Sounds like you and I are good match to be friends
My son is 3 and will be 4 on March. And I am a little older than you are but almost same age group.
Because of my son's school and our house selling, I am still traveling between New York and Jacksonville.
Now, I am here in Jacksonville for my son's interview with Bolles. If he got accepted, he will start his school from September.

BTW, Happy New Year!!!
Hope you will have a wonderful year!

Old 01-02-2008, 05:26 PM

I just sent you my email address. It's interesting that you are interviewing at Bolles. I just received my packet for us to consider that option for next year when our son is eligible. Ponte Vedra campus or San Jose?? I am looking forward to talking with you more about that process.

Happy New Year to you also!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: