Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2007, 07:10 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,008,871 times

Advertisements

Sorry if this seems like a trivial question, but where I am originally from, there were so-so ticketing methods, and good ones, and sometimes no special option at all. So I thought I'd ask, just in case.

Am interested in tickets for Willie Nelson in January (Florida Theatre) and Spamalot (Moran Theater) in February, and I just wondered if most folks charged by phone or if there is an alternative method. I know the Florida Theatre has a box office but it doesn't sound like that is any less expensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2007, 07:20 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,203,960 times
If you know someone who has season tix, it's good to go through them, as you can usually get better seats. I'm going to do that with Spamalot.

Also, once you order a few times, you get put on some e-mail list to order early. Doesn't save any money, but you get a jump on everyone else.

We saw Benise this week- it was good, but sounded as though they had recorded music bolstering their perfomance.

Cil, if you haven't been to the Florida theater, you will love it. Just don't ever sit in the upper part of the balcony....I made that mistake one time and regretted it.

TU center is also a wonderful venue. And I've heard that you can get tix to JSO just before the performance for $5 if you have a kid with you if seats are available.

Old 10-31-2007, 07:24 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,008,871 times
Much thanks, HIF, this is the kind of info I was looking for.
I am looking forward to the Florida Theatre, and appreciate the advice.
I like Willie okay, there are other concerts I would prefer, but the spouse has his heart set on him, so at least I get to hear live music.
BTW
Whoever did the writeup for the Florida Theatre's FAQs has a good sense of humor and sets a nice tone for the place. I am not being facetious, those FAQs are pretty funny.
I can't imagine anyone having season tickets and *not* wanting to see Spamalot, though.

Old 10-31-2007, 07:29 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,203,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
Much thanks, HIF, this is the kind of info I was looking for.
I am looking forward to the Florida Theatre, and appreciate the advice.
I like Willie okay, there are other concerts I would prefer, but the spouse has his heart set on him, so at least I get to hear live music.
BTW
Whoever did the writeup for the Florida Theatre's FAQs has a good sense of humor and sets a nice tone for the place. I am not being facetious, those FAQs are pretty funny.
I can't imagine anyone having season tickets and *not* wanting to see Spamalot, though.

Season ticket holders can order additional tix, but they aren'tadjacent to those of the season ticket holder. Four tix to the Wedding Singer were given to us, but I'm not that jazzed about seeing it. Loved Menopause the Musical and Momma Mia....and the Lion King- I think that was my all time favorite.

I'd like to see Willie. I've been taking my kids to see some of the legends since moving here- BB, Taj Mahal...saw the Soweto Gospel Choir- they were great. I would love to see the Blind Boys of Alabama. I have a Christmas CD of theirs that we just love.

Old 11-05-2007, 03:27 PM

1,641 posts, read 5,023,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
I

TU center is also a wonderful venue. And I've heard that you can get tix to JSO just before the performance for $5 if you have a kid with you if seats are available.
I believe if you have a student ID you can buy tickets at the door for a pretty good discount.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville