Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2013, 05:07 AM

13 posts, read 43,534 times

Advertisements

We are moving to St. Augustine, Florida next month and are now searching for houses. We love the houses in Heritage Park; the size, layouts, yards, sidewalks, etc. On the other hand it seems like Anastasia Island has more activities to offer and is closer to the beach. House versus beach. What are your thoughts on the matter?

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 06:58 AM

1,071 posts, read 2,896,725 times
Your dilemma is shared by many who want to move to St. Augustine. If you are wanting a newe rsingle family home, Heritage Park does offer the most sq. ft. and amenities than anywhere else, IMO. However, I believe you posted that there will just be 2 of you living in the home. How much of your day do you expect to spend inside of your home vs. outside of your home enjoying all that the beaches and St. Augustine has to offer? If there were children in the household, I would definitely recommend moving to Heritage Park. I live on Anastasia Island. I moved to this location because I enjoy being outdoors and love the beach. I am very satisfied living in a fairly generic 3/2 split bedroom plan house. I rarely entertain my friends in my home. We go out to dinner with friends and enjoy the numerous activities available with them.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:03 AM

1,008 posts, read 2,634,984 times
I lived on Anasatasia Island and now live in Heritage Park so can agree with the above post
It really comes down to whether you want a beach community or a residential community with quick access to the beach
The tow drawbacks of the beach are the bad traffic jams on the B of L and the summer beach drunks!
I prefer the access to the beach and living off the island

Old 05-02-2013, 09:18 AM

13 posts, read 43,534 times
Thank you for your answers. I'm a bit of a homebody so my surroundings are important to me. I'm more interested in easy access to downtown St. Augustine, as I'm a history buff. I wanted the beach as well but it seems one can't have everything. I seem to be leaning towards Heritage Park.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:47 AM

61 posts, read 177,190 times
you might also look a little south. we moved to the st. augustine shores area in december, and couldn't be happier. we live in a brand-new home with all the bells-and-whistles in the san savino subdivision--paid only 250K for 2000 square feet. it's fifteen minutes to downtown, and a 13-minute drive till our toes are in the sand at crescent beach. for us, it's the best of both worlds at our price point....good luck--and know that moving to st. augustine was our smartest move yet--it'll probably be yours as well....

Old 11-03-2014, 10:41 AM

23 posts, read 43,947 times
We're looking at Heritage Park too, but I noticed several houses are for sale on Red House Branch Road - is there some reason everyone is moving out? Looks like a really nice neighborhood/area. Does the HOA allow you to build a fence for your dogs if there isn't one on the property? What is the noise like from Woodlawn Rd (is that a major road?)? What are the mosquitoes like, in general?

Old 11-03-2014, 02:39 PM

1,008 posts, read 2,634,984 times
Woodlawn is busy early am and at night with commuting traffic and suggest you avoid a property backing on to Woodlawn
No problems with mosquitoes unless you are by a big lake

Old 11-04-2014, 10:22 AM

1,071 posts, read 2,896,725 times
Fences are allowed in Heritage Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville