Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 03:29 PM

40 posts, read 87,934 times

Advertisements

Be advised, driving through Greenleaf you will see signs stating houses starting In the 190's. I think in the first phase of Greenleaf this was very true, but I dont think there are many homes being sold in that range anymore. When you do see prices listed, tack on at a minimum 20 grand more to the price for upgrades.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2013, 10:29 PM

6 posts, read 9,023 times
Last year we moved from Brooklyn, NY to Atlantic Beach, and rented for 1 year, to see if we like the area...
Now are closing on our first home in Greenleaf with David Weekley.

We looked at GreenLeaf and Willowcove, and decided to go with David Weekley in Greenleaf.
Our sales person is Mike, and he is just great, honest, and not pushy at all. very laid back and very prompt.

We bought one of their last inventory homes, as we really liked the Orwell floorplan, and they had one already built with all the upgrades already tastefully selected. plus they gave us a great discount from their listed website price, as it was an already built inventory home and i guess they needed to move it.

Our home is 3000sf, 3br, 3ba, office, play area, dr, bonus room on 2nd floor with full bath, and a 3 car garage. with an oversized 60'x165' preserve lot and about 50k in upgrades (granite counters, extended lanai, MB bay windows, 2nd FL bonus room w/full bath etc...) and it costs around mid 300's.

We went to David Weekley in Willowcove and a similar home, in the 3000sf range with similar features would have easily been 100k more!.

We drove through both neighborhoods and i would not say that Willowcove is 100K nicer than greenleaf. yes the houses on average are bigger and look a little more expensive, but i just could not see any value in Willowcove that would justify the 100k more price tag for a similar home.

We are closing next week on the home, and moving around the end of June!

wonder if we have any new NY/NJ area neighbors if Greenleaf?
We're a young couple with a 7 month old son and a very hyper dog, which i am sure some of you will meet at the dog park

Old 06-07-2013, 07:01 AM

98 posts, read 206,400 times
Borka1: we are moving from NJ to Greenleaf soon. David Weekley is building our house now and expect it to be done the end of July. We are going to be coming down in two weeks and renting in St. Augustine until the house is done. We have older kids than you and a dog....very NON hyper. LOL she is a bulldog. I'm sure ill see you at the dog park too. I know at least two other families in Greenleaf from NJ and I'm sure there are plenty others from NY and NJ. Good luck in your new home. Also I agree with you. Also looked in Willowcove and, yes, the houses are nicer but for us the cost was just a little too high in Willowcove. We are getting the Belmonte model with bonus and full bath upstairs and tons of upgrades for mid 300's.

Old 06-07-2013, 10:46 AM

40 posts, read 87,934 times
While I visited NOCATEE, and drove through the two neighborhoods ( I know im going to get flack for saying this, it was just MY observation, and MY opinion) Greenleaf appeared to be much more social. People walking dogs to park riding bikes, etc. We chatted with 2 families about the neighborhood, and they were so nice. We just felt like Greenleaf was the place. Again, im not saying you dont have that in Willowcove, im just saying I saw a lot more family activity in Greenleaf while I was there. Thats what we were looking for (children age 3&4) price was also considered.

Old 06-07-2013, 01:15 PM

117 posts, read 244,690 times
I think that Greenleaf is a younger crowd. We are in Willowcove and it is very social, but my kids are older - as are most of the children in the neighborhood. Good luck to everyone with their new homes!!

Old 06-14-2013, 10:36 AM

2 posts, read 2,892 times
We are moving in about two weeks from Philly! We bought in Willowcove. Our house will be ready in August. We have 5 children and a Labrador. Our children are aged from 5-15.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:07 PM

1,171 posts, read 2,146,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyAnne View Post
We are moving in about two weeks from Philly! We bought in Willowcove. Our house will be ready in August. We have 5 children and a Labrador. Our children are aged from 5-15.
Which model did you choose?

Old 06-14-2013, 06:38 PM

2 posts, read 2,892 times
We bought the Jasmine with bonus room also with the optional 4th bedroom downstairs too. The bonus room will be the 5th bedroom. The floor plan really works for us. We had a hard time finding a house with 5 bedrooms and a study. Many of them the fifth bedroom was the study! We also wanted 4 full baths. I am not a fan of the upstairs loft area, so many of the houses had. It seeme like a useless waste of space. Really just a large hallway area. For us it just didn't seem really functional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville